The online racing simulator
Mercury 5yr anniversary & closing
(114 posts, started )
Grats on the 5 years, but just like the others said, it's very sad to see the closing of the team. It was always great to race against you, especially in the MoE. Had some great moments there. Hopefully some of you guys keep racing, because it would be a big loss if you don't.
Very sad news but I do understand.

Luckily ATC as managed to keep things going with other games and our unhealthily use of teamspeak, as like you our interest in LFS has taken a massive hit over the recent months. The only highlight being the TDC from Triple 7, which was a long time ago now.

I know the decision would not have been taken lightly but I do wish the team would not shut down, just take a break and see what comes along. I know a lot of people are waiting for something that is much needed to reignite their interest in LFS.

Congrats for the 5years anniversary! You did a great job in all the years and its a pity to see such a great and good team closes his doors
You have earned the full respect and reputation in the LfS Community!

But the reasons for the close are understandable. So I wish you all the best for the future! Cya on track

Just to post this legendary YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUReD7jgrb8
#54 - chaa
shocking and bad news, but good luck for the future!
So will I now ever find ou if it was (V) or (\/) ? Always wondered that.
Sad to see Mercury go.. But I understand your decision. Motivation seems to be the biggest problem for most teams these days. Good luck for the future guys.
Quote from scipy :lawl, everyone is so "sad" and "awww" but in the back of everyone's head is prolly "omg omg we godda get bawbag into our team"

Hey, there's nothing hypocritical about mixed emotions.
Quote from hyntty :So will I now ever find ou if it was (V) or (\/) ? Always wondered that.

Capital slashes, sir
Now one of the big teams closed. :guilty:
Thanks devs ....
GL for your future guys.
Gl in the future lads!
Damm that 5 year is going fast, anyhow sad that the team is closing
Quote from DreaF :Now one of the big teams closed. :guilty:
Thanks devs ....

If they dont do nothing in LFS in near future some teams do same thing...
Good luck in future all (V)ercury
Its a bit of a shame to see a team like this go under.

Its a hard time at the moment. With a bit of luck though you guys will stay in contact, Im sure there has to be other things to do instead of just LFS.

As Gag said earlier, Our Unhealthy (mis)use of Teamspeak to just sit on and have a laugh aswell as trying out some other games has kept things going for us. Hopefully you guys will end up doing something similar.

Best of luck.
Sad to see a top team go but i think if the devs dont move LFS forward i can see others doing the same
Very respected team that I always looked upto since joining LFS.

All the best!

*Right what's bawbags phonenumber. Quick Niels send some hookers round to his house to sweeten him up!
Well, Goodbye, was a great Time to be part of this Team.
really sucks :\
Definitly a great team to race with, and a bunch of crazy cool guys..
gl for the future!
Quote from birder :Sad to see a top team go but i think if the devs dont move LFS forward i can see others doing the same

i couldnt agree with you more..
#72 - arco
First of all, congratulations for the 5 year anniversary. It's a great achievement keeping a team alive for that long. Secondly, it's very sad that you're closing down, but with the current state of LFS I understand your move. I fear other teams might go that route too if something doesn't happen soon with the development of LFS. Anyway, best of luck to your members whatever they decide to do in the future, may it be continuing driving in LFS on their own or in other teams, or stop completely.
#73 - Dru
Quote from der butz :Many teams nowadays struggle to keep their members motivated, the current development of lfs is slow but still promising for the patient. Mercury has been one of the very few top teams in the community, we were happy to race with you guys in several different leagues. Now when the big (v) leave the scene you can be proud of what you've achieved over the last years.
We all hope to still see you on the tarmac from time to time!
The show must go on.

greetz from all of

Concept Racing

+1

Paul and all other Mercurian's - the very best for the future
Quote from DreaF :Now one of the big teams closed. :guilty:
Thanks devs ....
GL for your future guys.

:-( so sad news
Really sad to see my "benchmark team" disappear, though when considering your IGTC participation not the biggest surprise I have ever come across.

I hope I will still meet you on track, especially the people I still know from [MB] Memphis Bleek in the first LFS Demo

I hope for a fast development of LFS to bring back your motivation!

Mercury 5yr anniversary & closing
(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG