The online racing simulator
headsets
(26 posts, started )
headsets
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but....

Im looking to get a mike and headset in the next few days...

What good stuff is going around at the moment. Im busy looking at the gamecom 367 (closed ear) and 377 (open ear) and the Zalman ZM-RS6F Real Surround Sound Headphones. They all a real similar price.

Any ideas on which to go for, or even somehting else that I havent included
Hello Daz! Long time mate, how are you?

I've had good experiences with Plantronics in terms of sound quality. Although both of them broke, one of them I sheared the cable when it got caught under my chair wheel, and the other one's ear-cover thing started to come lose after about 7 months. Maybe that's just my rough treatment.
Jamie... How you man!!!!

It has been a long time... Where you racing these days??? We need to hit some racing together this weekend man!

The plantronics stuff look styling. Im tempted by the zalman one cause its 5.1 surround sound. But it looks like the mic is just a shitty lil add on...
I know it may be awkward but don't rule out getting a seperate mic for a really good set of headphones.

I race on LR| Race centre 1. I'm still an XFG whore, just working my licence up to get some TBO action going on! I can do Saturdays

YOU SHOULD PLAY MORE.
My brother reckons he read an article that said surround sounds headsets are not all that... They recommended taking the extra money and rather getting a decent set? And so the debate contiinues.

Im planning on making a proper LFS comeback. Been so busy with real life racing and work this year. Now that things are slowing down im starting to find time again for fun things!
Its come down to 2 options...

Either the gamecom 367 (closed ear) or the gamecom 377 (open ear). The open ear is slightly more expensive.
#7 - dadge
instead of getting big chunky headphones, why not get a pair of lightweight earbud tyre plugs?
you can get sound cancelling ones for next to nothing and you tend to forget you're wearing any listening devices altogether.
a seperate mic is also needed.
EDIT: sorry bud, for £16 you will not get a very good sound from a set that big.
go for these: http://www.amazon.com/Philips- ... ing-Earbuds/dp/B00061IYJC i have the same pair. the only thing i hear with those on is my teeth.
#8 - ZanZi
Quote from dadge :instead of getting big chunky headphones, why not get a pair of lightweight earbud tyre plugs?
you can get sound cancelling ones for next to nothing and you tend to forget you're wearing any listening devices altogether.
a seperate mic is also needed.
EDIT: sorry bud, for £16 you will not get a very good sound from a set that big.
go for these: http://www.amazon.com/Philips- ... ing-Earbuds/dp/B00061IYJC i have the same pair. the only thing i hear with those on is my teeth.

Are you using these while you're playing on your pc? LFS, CS maybe? Im thinking that people use this kinda plugs for listening to fav music while in the bus reading yellow papers... for instance
Try Logitech Premium Stereo Headset! Mine cost me about £7.99 and they sound absolutely fabulous! It is noise-cancelling too and the microphone built-in is astonishing!
Quote from Dizzydarryn :My brother reckons he read an article that said surround sounds headsets are not all that... They recommended taking the extra money and rather getting a decent set? And so the debate contiinues.

Im planning on making a proper LFS comeback. Been so busy with real life racing and work this year. Now that things are slowing down im starting to find time again for fun things!

RL > LFS dude.

Hmm, go with the Gamecom 377, looks neat.
Quote from ZanZi :Are you using these while you're playing on your pc? LFS, CS maybe? Im thinking that people use this kinda plugs for listening to fav music while in the bus reading yellow papers... for instance

yes, i wear them when gaming at night. because they're light-weight, i forget i have them on and the sound quallity is top notch.
try it........
aai J@tko... thats correct!

I also happened to do this on the weekend, thats why i couldnt make it 4 out of 4... What a pity

Nicely destroyed the front of my car
Quote from S14 DRIFT :RL > LFS dude.

Hmm, go with the Gamecom 377, looks neat.

Jamie, why u say the 377 and not 367?
I have no clue, I think it looks neat personally

The Plantronics I had was the Gamecom 2 or something which is old hat now.

And yeah that car looks fooked. I'm off on LFS for a bit join us if ya have tiem !
seems as though im waiting for stock, i thought id update...

gamecom 377
Creative HS Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
Sandberg USB Headset

The last 2 are a touch more expensive, but kinda still in my price range... The sandberg seems to be the better??
Quote from Dizzydarryn :seems as though im waiting for stock, i thought id update...

gamecom 377
Creative HS Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
Sandberg USB Headset

The last 2 are a touch more expensive, but kinda still in my price range... The sandberg seems to be the better??

If your going to get the Fatal1ty id suggest getting the USB one if possible if your using an built in soundcard, when Ive listened to the two I much prefered the usb one to the jack one UNLESS plugged into a decent sound card, but after getting a Xonar d2x I went for the Jacked suround sound option so I cant help you there : /.
Defo get the Fatal1ty one i have it and it rocks, excellent bass response really nice on LFS can tell where the cars are around you and same with FPS game's Mic is really clear aswell.

If you do go for it, i suggest PC world they sell them for £20-£25 i think i payed the higher price cause i walked into the store and bought them, but if you reserve online and collect there £5 cheaper
Quote from jimaxx :If your going to get the Fatal1ty id suggest getting the USB one if possible if your using an built in soundcard, when Ive listened to the two I much prefered the usb one to the jack one UNLESS plugged into a decent sound card, but after getting a Xonar d2x I went for the Jacked suround sound option so I cant help you there : /.

When you say the usb one, you mean the Creative HS-1000 Creative Fatal1ty USB X Fi Gaming Headset? I cant find info on the normal fatal1ty with usb, seems it only comes with 2 jacks?

Is it worth the extra money going for the X fi?
USB headsets willl be better if you have a poor/standard sound card. If you have a good soundcard then get the jacks.
Quote from Dizzydarryn :When you say the usb one, you mean the Creative HS-1000 Creative Fatal1ty USB X Fi Gaming Headset? I cant find info on the normal fatal1ty with usb, seems it only comes with 2 jacks?

Is it worth the extra money going for the X fi?

If your soundcard is pritty crappy then I'd say yes probably. The X-fi im pritty sure will just be somehow related to who makes the USB soundcard built into the headset but if someone wants to correct me, go ahead.
damn, placed my order on amazon but they outta stock... Where else can I buy this headset from in the uk that is reputtable?
Have you tried Ebay mate?
I'd recommend the Gamecom headsets if you want a good quality set.
If your on a budget the logitech premium fits the bill.
Quote from anttt69 :I'd recommend the Gamecom headsets if you want a good quality set.
If your on a budget the logitech premium fits the bill.

I'd just like to say, From what ive heard of logitech headsets ... they are made of fail.

That is all.

headsets
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG