The online racing simulator
lfs dirt track racing speedway??
lfs cover almost most forms of motorsport, Rally, Bitumen, Drag, And contact racing,

but........

one thing they don't have is dirt oval speedway,

Rfactor is one of the Sim games that you can play that does dirt Speedway and has many people from Australia, USA, New zealand, racing it.

I know we have pavement speedway but its dieing off,

i know you could get plenty more speedway fans playing lfs and lfs would prob get its name out a fair bit around the speedway fans.

here is an idea of what it could look like

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WPFvSawd_rw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WPFvSawd_rw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPFvSawd_rw

it would be awsome if lfs could get late model cars as shown in the video,

but lfs already has cars that would be suitable, xfg, Xr GT, FXO Turbo, XR gtr

it would be awsome if lfs could designs sprintcars to be on aswell

Dirt Speedway would be good on lfs, because of the close racing, and the skill required to win throttle controll, and car control, drifting ect.

If any one wants to share there idea with me please do

c.halesworth5@hotmail.com
while i won't disagree that lfs could use a rallycross boost... but another oval track?
Dirt track racing is the pinnacle of motorsport skill IMO. Although I'm slightly biased as a dirt track racer myself.
1. Change Oval DDS to dirt
2. LFS Tweak
3. ???
4. Profit!
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :1. Change Oval DDS to dirt
2. LFS Tweak
3. ???
5. Profit!

Counting fail

Oval dirt would be boring for some, but it's still not a bad idea.

edit: just got to see the vid, boy those car models look rather bad.
Hmm, not sure if I agree on dirty oval or not, but what I do agree on is that LFS needs more rallycross features in it. Yes, we do have 3 tracks for it now, but wouldn't hurt having 2-3 more, so we could run propper leagues and such. A track ain't _THAT_ fun to drive reverse either, so I'll rest my case on 3 tracks so far
Quote from bunder9999 :while i won't disagree that lfs could use a rallycross boost... but another oval track?

I don't necessarily think it is too much to ask. 2 or 3 Ovals amongst what 24 other track variations excluding reverse.

If it wasn't a dirty oval, a symmetrical one would be nice like Indianapolis or Super Speedway with a slightly curved main straight (Daytona). You can incorporate a circuit into part of it and everyone is a winner.
#8 - Ndrew
Heck, even a flat autocross dirt/mud area would be a blast on it's own like a few (even me) were suggested or asked before.
AU tramac -> AU dirt or even BL3 would do it. That would be megafun.
Quote from ndrew :heck, even a flat autocross dirt/mud area would be a blast on it's own like a few (even me) were suggested or asked before.
Au tramac -> au dirt or even bl3 would do it. That would be megafun.

+∞
Quote from Shadowww :+∞

+∞ + 1 (not possible but meh )

Yes, dirt oval / arena would be great fun!
Quote from Flame CZE :+∞ + 1 (not possible but meh )

technically, ∞+1 = ∞, so it is possible, just redundant.
Just go drift at kyota ring or make an autocross variant
Honestly, I think kyoto ring was a bad Idea, Oval's that require you to hold your foot to the floor(on non Nascar-cars) is quite boring, we need an oval track that require braking, even if it's a "cookie cutter" track, it would still be loads of fun.

PS: I don't know why it's more fun to run restrictor-plate tracks on nascars, maybe it's because you can beat the hell outta eachother...
Quote from SidiousX :Honestly, I think kyoto ring was a bad Idea, Oval's that require you to hold your foot to the floor(on non Nascar-cars) is quite boring, we need an oval track that require braking, even if it's a "cookie cutter" track, it would still be loads of fun.

PS: I don't know why it's more fun to run restrictor-plate tracks on nascars, maybe it's because you can beat the hell outta eachother...

Layouts makes KY1 a great and fun track Also racing in XRT's on that track is a challenge and demands some controll over the car, try it out.
Quote from The Very End :Layouts makes KY1 a great and fun track Also racing in UF1's on that track is a challenge and demands some controll over the car, try it out.

Fixed.
Pfft, UF1 is like foreplay, it sucks!
Oh, yes, I forgot it's FWD.
Hehe, it's not about the FWD part, but it's so slow you actually can go full speed all the way. And going around in that speed ain't much fun on the oval
I've tried XRT on oval, you can still go full throttle, just in turn three you gotta kinda feather it a bit.
Quote from JasonJ :boy those car models look rather bad.

What's wrong with them? They're pretty accurate.
They look like graphics from something 1992. Very simplistic and cartoon-like. That is all.
Quote from SidiousX :I've tried XRT on oval, you can still go full throttle, just in turn three you gotta kinda feather it a bit.

Turn three is a challenge. To get past it is no problem, but going fast in it without sliding all over place or doing other mistakes is hard. Depends a lot on the setup, but usually the oval setups doensn't offer too much grip.
Quote from flame cze :+∞ + 1 (not possible but meh :d)

yes, dirt oval / arena would be great fun!

+1/0
Quote from GrAnT46 :<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WPFvSawd_rw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WPFvSawd_rw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HTML fail.

Quote from Ndrew :Heck, even a flat autocross dirt/mud area would be a blast on it's own like a few (even me) were suggested or asked before.
AU tramac -> AU dirt or even BL3 would do it. That would be megafun.

+∞
OK, I'll translate what I meant. Put those same 'models' into LFS and they would look more realistic, more natuaral, more part of the environment.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG