The online racing simulator
Payment for hires skin
(32 posts, started )
Payment for hires skin
Basically I think ppl that upload their skins on the lfsworld should pay so others can see them in higher resolution.
Why do I think so? Well in first place this will allow them to ensure that everyone will see their skin how it is initially should be seen detailed and clean.
I have a couple of nice skin, well even more than couple but since its rather detailed skins i will definitely will not upload them, why? cuz most ppl will still see them as a bunch of pixels So why bother?
Actually I dont know how much ppl pay to see HiRes skins but if ppl will not upload them there will be nothing to see and they rather not upload them when they look like that(512px) to most players.
Honestly doubt it supose to look like lego made skins
So if its about cash devs my get less cash under this condition unless ppl will be more motivated to pay to show their skins than to watch.
But its funny that LFS dont have great graphics and HiRes textures actually make its look decent but in MP its look worse than "Gran turismo 2" mabye not worse but quality of the textures is pretty much the same.
A dont know maybe instead of making cash of ppl with custom skins LFS devs could make skin downloadable from ppl HDD during entry on server or something so it will not be downloaded from lfsworld and it will cost devs nothing.
#2 - dadge
the maker of the skin should not have to pay for others to see it in its "original" form. it's down to the person who wants to see it to pay for it.
If more ppl would pay it would look better for more ppl.
Although the devs will bankrupt on bandwidth
Anyway make its downloadable from ppls HDD maybe its the way it could look better online.
Quote from Chupacabras84 :If more ppl would pay it would look better for more ppl.
Although the devs will bankrupt on bandwidth
Anyway make its downloadable from ppls HDD maybe its the way it could look better online.

And then that person lags whenever someone new enters the server. The system as it is now works just fine. If you want 1024 skins, you pay for them. If you want people to see your 1024 (or higher) skins, post them for download on the forums. I'm not paying so other people can see my skins in high res, I really don't care how they see them.

Terrible idea, -1.
No wait. If you want to see the skins in a better quality YOU will have to pay for it and not the person who uploads them.
Quote from MAGGOT :If you want 1024 skins, you pay for them. If you want people to see your 1024 (or higher) skins, post them for download on the forums.

The rules of the free market always worked best
But maybe its possible to make it downloadable from ppls HDD?
Quote from Chupacabras84 :
The rules of the free market always worked best
But maybe its possible to make it downloadable from ppls HDD?

No.
Quote from MAGGOT :I'm not paying so other people can see my skins in high res, I really don't care how they see them.

So you wouldn't have to pay and everyone will see you in 512.
In any case if you think bout it a little bit longer you would notice some pluses.
At least it would be an option for some time along with standard payment.

People pay for different things, is there is a need, there is always a someone willing to pay.
And i don't see harm trying as long at it will be an option, and not the major method of payment 4 HiRes skins.
"2000 skin downloads for £1" Its easyli could be reversed. So if I would pay 1 pound i could be seen by everyone in normal resolution for month i think (2000 peoples could download my skin in HiRes), and i would pay for it if there is an option.
Since I could Upload my favorites skins and they wouldn't look crappy.
And about arguments that I would LAG I think its hard to find anyone with so slow connection who couldn't afford for DL a 1024 skin
and if there is someone like that he can turn the option "Download 1024 skins" to OFF this option already exist so no problems here.

You know there is a lot of ideas which looks crazy at beginning but eventually pays off.
You never know how things will develop without trying.
How about I pay nothing, and anyone who wants MY skins at 1024 can PAY for them? That makes a hell of a lot more sense. And that is also the way it is done now.
well i do see it from both points of view but it does seem fairest the way its done now, but what the original poster has not taken into account most people who hold an s2 licence i know customise with hi-res textures of just about everything but car skins , also he says why not direct dl from the person who is wearing it , well in a perfect internet environment this would be all well and good , but as its not perfect the most stable way of doing it is from a centalised point as lag is a real issue on a busy server ,and also it is more than likely done this way to stop everyone having each others ip as well , as some people do take racing seriously enough to attack another user via their ip who in their mind cheats with no proof 1 way or the other
Quote from MAGGOT :How about I pay nothing, and anyone who wants MY skins at 1024 can PAY for them? That makes a hell of a lot more sense. And that is also the way it is done now.

Didn't you read what I wright above?
Yes people like you will pay nothing and so your discussion ends here since there is nothing changes for you.
You will get your 512 skins and only people who pay for this will see you skin in 1024.
Its additional, nothing changes for you its an option for ppl who think like me.
I pay to see other ppl 1024 skins AND in addition if I want I pay to ensure my skin looks like it should be looking.
So I pay 1 pound and during next month i wear my best skins and know they doesn't look like bunch of pixels.

Now people Like I who spend some hours on making skins and trying to make it look really good, or who just have nice skins, and want to ensure everyone on the server will see their skins properly and not only a few person who pays for it.
So I pay 1 pound and I am sure my skin looking good (since good its rather relative I should say its look detailed)
Actually I wonder how much ppl pay for watching skins 1024
Cuz i didn't meet anyone for now

Quote from Deutschland2007 :No.

Any arguments or another "Proof of concept fail"
Quote from MAGGOT :And then that person lags whenever someone new enters the server.

Turn off 1024 Downloads and stick to 512 no lags no candy but that the way you want it...

Just try to understand I want to ensure that skin i made look nice I don't want effort I put into skin go to waste, or If I have nice skin I want it look good and if I want to pay for possibility to wear a 1024 skin and I can afford for 1 pound per month so whats the harm?
PLS IF you don't have any strong arguments against stay quite and don't say "NO" just because you have bad mood.
You realise that the person downloading the skins could be playing LFS on a 640x480 resolution with LOD levels so low that cars are boxes and textures are downsized on cars anyway. Why on earth would I want to be charged for them to download hi-res skins, if they were crazy enough to enable the option? Your backwards logic makes no sense to me.
the skins looked good at low res before the high res option was available. your render is too high if the low res looks that poor imo.
Quote from Bob Smith :You realise that the person downloading the skins could be playing LFS on a 640x480 resolution with LOD levels so low that cars are boxes and textures are downsized on cars anyway. Why on earth would I want to be charged for them to download hi-res skins, if they were crazy enough to enable the option? Your backwards logic makes no sense to me.

Oh dude And I thought My computer is Low spec good thing I play with everything maxed out, knowing there is still so lame specs makes me fill better
But honestly really doubt in it and if there is somewhere in third world country's someone live who play on such a low spec i really doubt he have option dl 1024 skins turned on.
And I really doubt there a lot users like this so they doesn't matter.

And once again we going trough this
Quote from Bob Smith :
Why on earth would I want to be charged for them to download hi-res skins, if they were crazy enough to enable the option? Your backwards logic makes no sense to me.

dude you don't have to do anything like this.
Its not mandatory but if you want to have skins that online look at least detailed You could pay 1 pound for it nobody makes you
Do this or not the choice is yours. You can pay to see 1024 skins

But If you want you skin not to look like crap to users who don't pay for this you can pay 1 pound more

This option doesnt come bundled with previous one, Its OPTIONAL
If you don't want it, don't chose it, thats simple
In any case 1 pound is so much cash or what? Just no more third country's examples pls
Well it's not really optional is it, as I can't see your proposed system co-existing with the current pay to download system.
Quote from Chupacabras84 :Oh dude And I thought My computer is Low spec good thing I play with everything maxed out, knowing there is still so lame specs makes me fill better

to be honest your computer isnt that low spec if you can run it on full settings i know people who play on medium settings and get 15 to 25 fps so your computer for the purposes of lfs is high spec
Would YOU pay to see others skin?
No.
Really suckass idea. -4564575467468678
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Would YOU pay to see others skin?
No.
Really suckass idea. -4564575467468678

Well if payment to see others ppl skins is such a bad idea and it rated "-4564575467468678" then go wright to devs cuz its already implemented
In any case go read again
And don't post ridiculous rating like this one (-4564575467468678) its make you look like 13Yo
No it's not already implented >.<
And with this suggestion YOU look like a 13 year old. You dont know english grammar either.
This is stupid suggestion. But obiviously you cant see it yourself ...
Dude now you can see ppl skins in 512.
To see them HiRes you have to pay, this how its work now.
I don't want to change this system i just want to pay 1 pound so i can wear any skin i want and in 1024 for everyone so my car will be looking as it suppose to.
Not much ppl pay to see 1024 skins so i want to ensure my car looking good.
In any case ppl buy different stuff 4 online gaming like clothes, custom parts for cars, weapons everething they want to look remarkable on serv,
so why i cant buy mself HiRes appearance? any reason for this?
Especially that HiRes skins are cost money only cuz of bandwidth so if i want better look i have to pay its obvious.
And dude dont bother to tell me bout grammar I am Ukrainian. If you expect everyone to know english grammar then i can expect from you to know polish or Ukrainian or Russian language, cant I? To me English its just another foreign language, like any of mentioned above for you.
Anyway don't expect from ppl knowledge of English on A3 level everyone try to explain what they want to say at their best.
If you cant say anything reasonable then pls stay low and quite
Many people that play LFS don't really care for graphics as much I personally have a fast enough PC with good broadband but I have dl skins turned off all together and race with white cars mostly. It's not about the money I'm probably an extreme example but you get my drift.

Also the way it is now will scale with high res skin usage well enabling the dev to cover some of the bandwidth costs. Are you proposing that if you race alot on populated servers that you should pay alot more than most as you skins will be getting downloaded more? Because thats how it will need to be to be consistent with the current way its done.
I don't think it will cost much since current its 1pound for downloading 2000 skins so reversing it we get 1pound for 2000 ppl download your skin since in 1 month I doubt I race 2000 racers so should be enough for 1month at least so no big cash here.
In any case not much ppl like it (barely anyone XD)
So I guess this discussion should die slow but natural dead by not posting replies if this so lam3 idea thats all I guess.
But its pity that online custom skins look so lame, anyone can resize to 512px with gimp or something some good looking skin and watch in lfswiever how it look like.
Post the example bellow simple skin drawn with simple pen so nothing special. And how it look like in 1024 and in 512 so this the only reason i thought that option like this would be cool, since i have much more hand made skins and online they look lame.
But as I said no one like this idea so lets let this discussion die slow and quite
What about people who are on a very low bandwidth service, or with tight data transfer limits? They might really not want to download hi-res skins. Also I'm really not interested in looking at skins, whether you think I need to or not. So we should be able to disable these 'free' hi-res skins.

Quote from Chupacabras84 :Not much ppl pay to see 1024 skins

Have any facts to back that up?
The only reason you need skins is to have an idea of who's who on the track. When you're racing, you're not thinking how the skin of the guy in front of you would look better in hi-res. Hi-res skins might look good in the garage, but once you're racing I'd doubt that 90% of people will notice the quality.

I haven't noticed any difference between hi-res and lo-res when racing, I don't even look at what the skin is about, just its general pattern and colour, and maybe the number if it's big enough. It's much better than using names over cars that way
#25 - Myw
Personally, I think that this would be tampering with the skin maker's intentions which is not right.
-
(Chupacabras84) DELETED by Chupacabras84

Payment for hires skin
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG