The online racing simulator
LFS DX8 Contra Stalker DX8
(18 posts, started )
I hope I am not in mistake cuz it ruin my concept but I read somewhere on the forum that LFS use DX8, the next thing i read is how limited that engine and stuff. But I remember playing STALKER on DX8 cuz DX9 in stalker literaly rape my GF and i remember that STALKER in DX8 look quiet nice the clouds where moving on the sky rain, wind night and day it was really something even in DX8, and this give me more than 100 fps trough game.
So why LFS cant look like that? I dont care for DX9 but i think that DX8 in LFS didnt reach half of it potential, and compared to stalker lfs look rather poor.
The only explanation i could think of is that stalker using DX8.1 and LFS if looking like this i guess even earlier version. Unless graphic will be improved in S10 or something
That just means their priorities are perfectly in line with Chupacabras84's.
I got scared after I read "rape" and "GF".
Quote from Forbin :Whiz-bang flashy graphics are THAT way.

http://www.racedrivergrid.com/

Cant see your point unless you want to say that nice graphic is compensation for the lack of realism and games should be or flashy or realistic never together.
And you want to say you tnink LFS should stay as it is, only physics and with graphic worse than games on PS2 which have more than 9 years and forget bout development.
Quote from Forbin :That just means their priorities are perfectly in line with Chupacabras84's.

My point was that if STALKER in DX8 mode and LFS uses same engine then LFS should be looking twice that good as it looks now, therefore all arguments that rain moving clouds and other candy stuff is imposible to made due to limitation of Dx8 are unfounded.
(unless theyre using different fersion of DX8 and this explain why LFS stay like this)
Cuz stalker shows how DX8 looks like. And there no need to rewright game under DX9/10 since in DX8 is place for major improvment.
And I dont see good graphic as something bad rather like something that improve realism nice looking environment will make race more interesting cuz like now most of thr tracks are rather boring with few examples.
And my priorities is clear, only you somehow figured out that if i want better graphic so this my main and only priority, just when just comes to physics i cant say a bad word bout it.
Guess you wouldnt mind if games would look like games on SNES since they where rather good without flashy graphic.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

DX8 is not an engine, it is an API (Application Programming Interface), OpenGL being the primary alternative. LFS uses it's own proprietary engine that is primarily based on the DX7 API. A select few DX8 shaders are used to improve performance.

Furthermore, LFS looks the way it does because the devs' priorities are in the right place: realistic driving physics and gameplay over flashy graphics.

There's also a very strong distinction between realistic graphics and flashy graphics. Most games that tout the use of the DX8/DX9/DX10 API use graphics effects that have a strong "WOW" effect, but do not tend to be very realistic.
Yes this was my mistake actually I do know what i am talking about I just used wrong words mind that English is not my native language and in country i live sometimes DX called engine to make things easier and not to explain that engine only use DX so my mistake i didn't reconsidered that in America its different.
In any case In this forum i read threads where said that no flashy things in LFS cuz DX8 have limitation so my point was how stalker looks so good on dx8 and the same limitations.
And to make things clear i do not saying that LFS is no good without a good graphic just that after playing in games with really good graphics LFS look kinda dull. Although the fact I play LFS and not GRID should give you a clue what are my priorities.
lfs looks amazing as is.. to me..
how about we all just worry about getting a update in general.
in english - he wants lfs to look better than real life and have 1337 haze effect.
Actually I already get Lynce Revolution pack some time ago and yes cars look Just beautiful, actually cars wasn't look bad from the beginning but tracks are still just boring and most cars have ugly interiors.
And i dont want it to look beter than real life, just to look more ineresting.
Stuff like rain, changing weather, night and day, dust wandering with wind acros the road, WORKING GAUGES or at least some scratches after minor acidents and sights of dirt and dust on cars during rice.
Stuff like this will get LFS look nice and realistic.
I just dont get one thing. Why when i said i want nice graphic some ppl acted as it was something bad or reserved only to arcade games like GRID.
To me such behavior is something like showing of "Look i am so pro realism fan that i want game run only in wireframe mode with cyphers around model and thats all" I mean whats bad point of a good looking game...
Dont get the wrong idea I am not saying LFS is a bad game cuz it doesnt have modern graphics, I still value realism above graphics, just there is space for improvment.
Cheers.
#13 - Byku
IMO LFS is pretty. Cars are decent(ESPECIALLY those AFTER the update), tracks(blackwood, south city) are very neutral and clean(in positive way). I like the way LFS looks, though i would like real time shadows(tracks need proper shadows) and more realistic reflections. Oh.. could anybody post screen from Stalker in DX8? :P
Here you have chose Dx8 or 9 http://www.stalker.pl/index.php?site=gallery&groupID=1
Actually since i played in dx8 i can tell that graphics was way better (Textures where more clean and detailed) than shown on the screen this just the only screens I find in the intenet with DX8.
As forbin says
Quote :LFS uses it's own proprietary engine that is primarily based on the DX7 API. A select few DX8 shaders are used to improve performance.

Since its not even DX8 there no comparison should be done so there is no need to prolong the discussion.
The LFS itself doesn't look that bad the cars exteriors nice and shiny especially with reflection mod. The South City looks good but the rest of the tracks are kind of boring
Just miss a nice looking weather, dirt on the cars and stuff like that and since this discussion bout improving LFS i just thought this things would improve LFS add realism and stuff (jugding by ansvers guess no... wonder if there is no need for improvment from where comes all this mods HiRes_Sky, realistic reflection) Eventually can go without major changes in game apperance.
Just note since this dscussion bored me a little i dont want to continue it Mainly this was bout improved graphic in LFS but if you think that graphic should stay as it now i guess you should make your own topic named why LFS shouldnt improve graphic and show points why YES.
Just not in this topic.
Cheers.
Graphics need to be improved at one point yes. But since there is only one guy doing the coding and graphics are not very high priority it might take a while.
I actually think that LFS looks fantastic for the most part (as mentioned, BW and SO are absolutely gorgeous in sunset settings).
Quote from geeman1 :Graphics need to be improved at one point yes. But since there is only one guy doing the coding and graphics are not very high priority it might take a while.

Good point
Actually cars are really well made shiny and all and probably the only thing that for sure doesn't need improvement. good smooth models and thx to the "Realistic reflections" they look really cool and since they are not reflecting stuff real time and only textures of corresponding sky they doesn't take any serious resources and looks really greate.
In any case the only improvment in graphics I really look for in new patch its cocpits, in some cars they are look poor compared to others.
Just one question This thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLkLg9LSx3E is it somehow edited/rendered? will it be in S2 or like some says (in comments) S3 which sound strange since there is no S2_final.
In any case looks nice.
#18 - Byku
It is at 99% rendered .
Edit. Nicely done though.

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG