The online racing simulator
PS3 -> Xbox 3S***ty Imo. Well, cos I have a PS3. I did have a 360 premium too, but that got RRoD.
Why do they call it the Xbox 360?

Because you'll turn 360° and walk away...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Why do they call it the Xbox 360?

being slightly picky here, but surely turning 360° will have you facing the same way
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :being slightly picky here, but surely turning 360° will have you facing the same way

Exactly what i was thinking.

That did'nt make any sense at all dougie
#30 - 5haz
360 degrees is the average temperature of the CPU, thats why.
Quote from 5haz :360 degrees is the average temperature of the CPU, thats why.

Ha ha
Ps3 is expensive, and by that reason xbox sells more. The multiplayer is easier too on xbox, and looks more nice.

However, paying for playing online, shitty custommer support, 33% failure chance, xbox failures and you don't get varanty = screw xbox to hell. I would much rather pay a pretty O.K amount of money for a rehaible PS3 than a chanced xbox.

Now, get back on topic cumblasts.
#33 - senn
mine has been in twice, 2nd time they replaced all the hardware in it,and upgraded to the current stuff, and gave me a silver Live 3month membership. Was out and back within 2 weeks of me sending it to the eastern states.

You don't ship your HDD so i don't see the problem with getting a different one back, if it costs nothing :P
In my opinion a product that has been on service twice is a failured product. Make it three and it's a dissaster.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Why do they call it the Xbox 360?

Why do they call it the Nintendo 64?

Because you'll turn 64° and walk slightly to the right
Quote from hrtburnout :Why do they call it the Nintendo 64?

Because you'll turn 64° and walk slightly to the right

That's not as funny as pointing out that 360 degrees means you'd still be pointing in the same direction
Well one of my mates had a ps3 die on him and no he didn't abuse it.
Both consoles have issues, it's just that the 360's show up more because the design was rushed so that it was released first. This was ultimately pointless because of the delays the PS3 suffered from.

The newer models of 360 have solved the overheating issue and MS will repair these for free under the 3-year RRoD guarantee.

The PS3, on the other hand, has an issue where switching between Blu-ray and DVD too much can cause the laser lens to have alignment issues that make Blu-rays unreadable. Fun fun fun.

Neither console is perfect and in the end it comes down to which exclusives you want more. I like having both because it means I can laugh at both sets of fanboys
Quote from Dajmin :That's not as funny as pointing out that 360 degrees means you'd still be pointing in the same direction

Also, nobody in their right mind would turn around and go away if they have a N64 in front of them.
Quote from anbiddulph :Ive got a 360 and a PS3 and the Xbox isnt used at all (infact its in the box)

Me too, expect its the other way round.

360 used all the time, PS3 sat gathering dust.

As for the E74 error, I had one, and it IS covered by the warranty.
Mine happened back in November, all I did was file a hardware fault online, I was emailed a UPS reciept, boxed it up, sent it to Germany, and got it back a week or so later.

They never once quibbled that is was an E74 error.
TBH I don't think they even check the boxes half the time. You go to the bother of packing it up and sending it back, the process is already in place to get you a repair/replacement sent out, why would they bother even arguing with you?

Have to say I'm really happy with the replacement they sent me. Quieter DVD drive (although still way louder than the PS3) and two fans visible at the back over the smaller CPU. Wish they'd just replaced it the first time.
Wish I'd thought to ask for a replacement the first time.
Quote :I Bought my Xbox around 2 years go but after a few months of having the 1st one.. had it replaced as the 1st 1 kept over heating, so really i've had this Xbox for 18 months or so... but actually bought the 1st around 2 or so years ago...

According to the European court it is "REASONABLE" to expect a computer to last 3 years, regardless of the published warranty.

Getting a company to accept this and issue a replacement is often troublesome, particularly in the UK, and remains something of a grey area as the legal costs of claiming your rights at European level are significantly higher than the cost of just buying a replacement.

There's a whole complex series of case histories that I dont know the name of and am ill qualified to comment on, but I had a google and didn't find what I was looking for, so good luck.
the sad reality is everything is bound to break... its great to see how the original xbox had a brilliant reputation but one or two badly made consoles got into the hands of loud mouth un-respected feeble brained idiots writes them off..

when i got my dream cast their 10 years ago and was told it would break within 6 months... it goes perfect every time, till this day.

and yeah you can get them for next for nothing on ebay, but i don't trust it at all
It wasn't just one or two that broke down. Stop talking bollocks.
It was a big percentage and it's fixed now apparently.

I have both an xbox and a PS3. I rarely use the PS3, think the xbox live system is way better, even if it costs money, etc, blabla... couldn't care less.
Quote from jibber :It wasn't just one or two that broke down. Stop talking bollocks.

It was a big percentage and it's fixed now apparently.

I have both an xbox and a PS3. I rarely use the PS3, think the xbox live system is way better, even if it costs money, etc, blabla... couldn't care less.

yes the xbox systhem is better but everything has its flaws, several of my mates work in hmv + gamestop so i hear about it all, every excuse under the sun for how it broke, with " i left it on under my tv, now its not working " or " i left it flat on the floor, now its knackered... "

to which the obvious reply is: 1) make sure it cant over heat...

2) but it out of the way or the nice lil stomp and the needle goes hopping...

You'd swear all these l33t nerds would know better
As said before, both consoles have there issues, and TIN made a good point that everything is bound to break at some point. As for me, i like both consoles. I like the way the PS3 looks, and its interface, but to be honest, thats all i like. I used to own one about a year ago (60gb, with card reader etc.) and i loved the card reader feature amongst others, but some of the exclusive games (like motorstorm etc.) got boring very quickly. The only exclusive games i like on the PS3 was resistance one and 2. My god they were awesome.Overall, my xbox got played more so i eventually sold my PS3. One thing that bugs me alot with PS3's games, is the lack of AA. The xbox has a noticeably better rendering technique for the AA, and as a result, super smooth AA. Yet the PS3 does'nt have AA compatibilty in most of its games. How nice for a £300+ console. So ya, XBOX for me any day. Nicer contoller, better graphics, noticeably less slow-down (when there's alot of things going on, for example), more music and video file compatibility, better for media, etc.

Edit: Forgot to mention the online. So what if you have to pay £40 a year? Spread that over the year and its cheap, and worth it! Xbox live is much better than PSN. You get video reviews daily, along with a Q&A video (called the insiders) every monday, free community games, etc. You really get your moneys worth.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
There's a life lesson there, I think...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG