The online racing simulator
So how do they do it?
(26 posts, started )
So how do they do it?
Hi! I've been seeing a lot of drifting videos lately, especially with Live For Speed. I'm just wondering how those people can angle their car 90 degrees while still keep going forward while on their side and manage to accelerate forward when it's time to go in the corner.....

Sorry if I'm in the wrong forums, I'm new here . >_<.

And also, is there a map in LFS that is open to practice donuts?
Quote from DarkLiveSpeed :Hi! I've been seeing a lot of drifting videos lately, especially with Live For Speed. I'm just wondering how those people can angle their car 90 degrees while still keep going forward while on their side and manage to accelerate forward when it's time to go in the corner.....

Practice
Quote :And also, is there a map in LFS that is open to practice donuts?

Blackwood Carpark, Autocross or Skid Pad.
Is there anything specific other than "Practice"?
Quote from DarkLiveSpeed :Is there anything specific other than "Practice"?

a lot of uhmmm.... laps drifted to get better
Yes, you need to purposely lose the car, and then gain control again.

I, for one, am not good enough to lose the car. I keep straight all the way!
Do they "brake" or hit the "clutch" or use "e-brake" at all?

On the side note, is there a AE car and Mt. Akina add-on here in LFS?

Im not a drifter, but I do it sometimes.

Practice or skill are IMO the more important thing to do that.

The temperature of your tyres (very hot) or the setup of the car should help too.
Quote from DarkLiveSpeed :Do they "brake" or hit the "clutch" or use "e-brake" at all?

There are many ways to drift. Try googling for drift guides for help. Almoste every real life techniques are applicable in LFS, so the guides don't need to be LFS specific.
Quote :On the side note, is there a AE car and Mt. Akina add-on here in LFS?

No.
Quote from DarkLiveSpeed :Do they "brake" or hit the "clutch" or use "e-brake" at all?

On the side note, is there a AE car and Mt. Akina add-on here in LFS?

they use all (depends on the turn)

and lol no the most ppl that tryed the demo say the car drifts too much

... and no there is no drift mode lol

(you can learn them HERE <---- click there)
#10 - Byku
#12 - Migz
Each drifter has his own technique on how to do it. And they just practise this technique like mad.

One of the most used techniques is the scandinavian flick and then left foot braking followed by opposite lock while feathering the accelerator.

The scandinavian flick is just flicking the steering wheel the opposite way to the corner, so if you've got a corner thats going right you'll flick your wheel to the left and then quickly back to the right and then as your coming back to the right tap on the brake with your left foot. This is to get the back of your car out.

Then as the car is facing into the corner you have to do opposite lock, which is turning your wheels away from the inside of the corner.

While doing that you also have to feather the accelerator, which is just using your foot to appply the exact ammount of pressure on the pedal, so that you dont give too much power, and at the same time you dont use too little an ammount of power.

Bassicly
As you get to the corner do a scandinavian flick and as you flick your wheel back tap the brake with your left foot.
Then do opposite lock while feathering your accelerator.

It is EXTREMELY hard to do it though, you need loads of practise to be able to do it.

Some of them use a mouse, which means you can move the steering incredibly fast. If they use a wheeel, some of them use stupidly small steering degrees from there profiler, like 180 degrees lock-to-lock for example, which means they can do transfers very precisely and fast.

p.s. Dont know if anyone has mentioned it in here, but obviously setup is a big factor. Normals with high pressure on the rear, stiffer springs and dampers along with a little camber on the rear. Locked rear diff and shorter gear ratios. More brake pressure with more bias (about 30F / 70R is what i tend to find best). etc.
Then have a good setup and they have dorifto skills. With a little practise you should be able to do it, it's not that hard.
When i drift, which i do on the banger ovals sometimes, i just chuck it into the corner early, but not too fast, about 30mph usually as its a fairly small oval, dip the clutch, get the revs up, select 2nd gear, drop the clutch and gun it!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Some of them use a mouse, which means you can move the steering incredibly fast. If they use a wheeel, some of them use stupidly small steering degrees from there profiler, like 180 degrees lock-to-lock for example, which means they can do transfers very precisely and fast.

p.s. Dont know if anyone has mentioned it in here, but obviously setup is a big factor. Normals with high pressure on the rear, stiffer springs and dampers along with a little camber on the rear. Locked rear diff and shorter gear ratios. More brake pressure with more bias (about 30F / 70R is what i tend to find best). etc.

You do know some of us has to work with the wheel like a jew on a bike through nazi-berlin.
If you know what to do, just chill
I play 540 degrees when I drift ^^
#18 - Byku
I play 720 when I drift ... and i don't drift good . You're get used to drift .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs-jAImScms

This video has been posted a zillion times already, but this is much much more impressive than D1 or what any driftboy in LFS can do

So if Ken block can do it, you too
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Called real life.

which stock car can turn the wheels 85°
Ok, go drift a stock car then.
-
(Sueycide_FD) DELETED by Sueycide_FD
Oh, I thought you meant the american ones, y'know with the big wings that drive round dirt courses.

Your real life cars have around 3 turns lock to lock which is normally about 30 to 35 degrees of angle at the wheels. It's possible to return from a 90 degree drift..

So how do they do it?
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG