The online racing simulator
#1 - Chaos
Let the admin arrange the start grid
I think it would be good for league admins if there was the possibility to "build" the startgrid in the pre-race screen. Now you have to call each driver by his name and wait till he joins (and sometimes they are afk so everybody has to wait). Clicking someones name would add them, the "-" would stay as it is now and add an up/down arrow so that you could move each joined racer.
Nice idea. I was a in a comp a while ago where we'd run two races consecutively, with the grid for the second race decided by the results from the first race. We had to form up one by one, just as you described, and it was a little bit of a pain. This feature would be good for leagues
#3 - ORION
we also need a "cancel current vote" or "stop countdown for restart (etc.)" command
#4 - richy
there needs to be some way to mark the server where an admin picks the start grid because im not sure that would go so well on public servers where admins tend to do what they personally want not what everyone wants. Something in the server list.
:rolleyes: :feedtroll

---------

@Chaos, I like the idea, and it is needed for leagues and stuff. Would speed up the process, and the admins could get the races started quickly, and painlessly

:up:
#6 - Lible
Quote from ORION :we also need a "cancel current vote" or "stop countdown for restart (etc.)" command

press escape, and you're done.
#7 - 180sx
Good idea but i think theres gotta be a way to dectect afk'ers. and if they are afk then the would not go onto grid.
i have been in many event races and had to wait to join in appropriate grip position. but if the admin picks the grid the afk ppl would be sitting ducks on race start
Quote from 180sx :but if the admin picks the grid the afk ppl would be sitting ducks on race start

Good point. Not sure what you could do to get around that then... hmmm.
#9 - Goop
Instead of doing the organizing on the left, like with AI races, do it in the middle - i.e. after racers have clicked join :cyclops:
Quote from 180sx :Good idea but i think theres gotta be a way to dectect afk'ers. and if they are afk then the would not go onto grid.
i have been in many event races and had to wait to join in appropriate grip position. but if the admin picks the grid the afk ppl would be sitting ducks on race start

nope, making the grid and clicking on "ready" are two separe things for people to do...
the idea is to remove the waiting that happens when I start to arrange the grid, two people join and the third is afk, so everybody has to wait till he comes back, then I can continue to arrange the grid... usually after the grid is ready i give 3 minutes break, then everybody has to click on the green "ready" button and the race starts only when everybody IS ready...
Quote from Goop :Instead of doing the organizing on the left, like with AI races, do it in the middle - i.e. after racers have clicked join

the idea is that the racers would not need to click join... the admin would do that for them...
Ahhh yes, the ready button :doh: Good point Chaos. So then this WOULD work

Now I have 2 thumbs up for it :up: :up:

<---------- and so does he
#12 - Goop
OK fair enough, I just skimmed thru it Nice idea :up:
Quote from Lible :press escape, and you're done.

This works only for hosts, not for admins, doesnt it?
Quote from ORION :This works only for hosts, not for admins, doesnt it?

that is quite possible... I know that it does NOT work for admins...
so you have to press ready to join the grid.
if you dont ready it up and the admin get sick of waiting if he goes ahead will the non ready ppl not be in grid ??
Quote from NaBUru38 :What's "afk"?

"Away From Keyboard"
This means that you are temporarily away from the keyboard during an online game with other humans.
Quote from 180sx :so you have to press ready to join the grid.
if you dont ready it up and the admin get sick of waiting if he goes ahead will the non ready ppl not be in grid ??

well there are two buttons to press... the join race button, which is in the upper left section of the screen (where you add AI in singleplayer) and then the green GO/ready button in the lower right corner... what i suggested is that the admin would "click the join race button for the player" ...

so if the player doesnt click the join button and the admin would get sick of waiting, then yes, the person would not be in the grid...

ok, there is a possibility for the person to get to the place he shoud be even if he joins last (clicks join and then always clicks on the person above him and swaps position), but some people just don't get this... it's even common that people click the ready button instead of joining the grid, so wanting this kind of "advanced" clicking is just too much for them to handle...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG