The online racing simulator
#1 - XmaX
"Anti Layout Steel" Insim
I want to add to the Lapper a "Anti Layout Steel" Insim, that the people cant save my layout from the server like in CLC is

Please help
All that you need is to found the ClickID of the "Sav layout" button if i'm right.
At this point, you jsut need to make an empty button with this ClickID and the "save" button will not appear because he already exist.

Anyway, it's easy to counter that by doing SHIFT+I to clear all external program buttons.
So you need to remake this button if the player press SHIFT+I

edit : check SHIFT+B too. i'm not sure about his fucntion so take a look too.
You can't block a function of the game within InSim, there is no callback from anything like this.
#4 - XmaX
Quote from Dygear :You can't block a function of the game within InSim, there is no callback from anything like this.

I Cant block this, but when some1 save this, he is automaticaly banned from the server.

Go on CLC and try save the layout, you will find out what i mean :P
That was sugested much times before. use Search button.

but i want to know that to
ive got a idea and now trying to get it out.

ill write again a post if i got it and then i tell how i got it.

Regarts Heiko1
#6 - XmaX
searched in programers forum, dont found anything ...

But I looking forward to hear about it
What i said work for the whole layout editor but not for the "Save" & "Load" panel.
It's possible to make some conflict with buttons and LFS panels but it's limited.

so it's an another solution ^^
#8 - XmaX
Ok thank you, maybe some1 will help... or have another solution
ive got how to read out if somebody presses Shift+U by an external programm and it works perfectly
now need to read out if the one button is clicked.

Regarts Heiko1
Quote from Heiko1 :ive got how to read out if somebody presses Shift+U by an external programm and it works perfectly
now need to read out if the one button is clicked.

Regarts Heiko1

Make a server with that InSim, I will save layout from there without any problems.
in you dreams you can save it :P
its immposible to save it :P
Really?
It is VERY possible.
Just make a test server.

I can save CLC layout too.
#13 - XmaX
aha with hacks? I think so...
Quote from XmaX :aha with hacks? I think so...

No need for hacks.

Edit: I just saved CLC layout :\
I just say again.. it isnt a InSim its an external programm...
#16 - XmaX
Ok, how ?
Quote from Heiko1 :I just say again.. it isnt a InSim its an external programm...

External program that isn't InSim and runs on server, which does something with LFS?
Quote from XmaX :Ok, how ?

The CLC cruise server? I just went there, hit shift+u and saved the layout. No protection there
@ Shadowww thats my clue xD im eding soemthing that others just cann se a [Dont Click] button xD
Quote from Shadowww :External program that isn't InSim and runs on server, which does something with LFS?

Surely that isn't possible?

E: Ah, memory editing?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Surely that isn't possible?

E: Ah, memory editing?

Memory editing is teh godness, I once made physics controllable from external program (X-Y-Z changing on hotkeys ) (ROFLcopter mod, anyone)
I know how it works client-side (and how epic and amazing it can be ), but if it can affect things server-side isn't that a major problem? I'm thinking massive hacks springing up and whatnot...
dougie, fail by me, X/Y/Z coord memads are changed with every pit exit
#24 - XmaX
Ok maybe CLC removed that system... dont know some1 telled me that, thats not possible... But i want to protect my layout on my own server...
XmaX, this is how it works...

Quote from Shadowww :No need for hacks.

Edit: I just saved CLC layout :\

Ah K, UR banned

just kidding

No protection against saving layouts via insim on CLC. We only ban people who save our layouts and then pass them off as their own work without giving us credit. We ask them first to give credit and if they don't give us credit, well, we return the favour and don't give them anymore access to our server.

edit: BTW no steel is used in our layouts either.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG