The online racing simulator
Doppler Effect on horns
(18 posts, started )
#1 - Nick.
Doppler Effect on horns
I noticed that if you watch cars in view 5 (spectator view) there is a Doppler effect on the car's engine sounds, but not the horns. In real life, it sounds something like this but LFS is like this (I made the video)

I think it would be an easy fix since there's already something there to make a Doppler effect
agree
yes that would be good even better if thay made that hore a stock horn along with the lights plz could u send me the files or send me link for that horn and lights
Maybe because the game wasn't designed to have sirens.. you've said it yourself, the engine does it and frankly, that's all we need.

This seems like nothing but a cruising suggestion, so -1 from me.

-Awaits flaming-
I vote -1 for all "S14 Drift" post, because is the most negative person ever I seen before.
I'll add my +1 simply because it's correct to have doppler effect on all sounds.
Quote from Napalm Candy :I vote -1 for all "S14 Drift" post, because is the most negative person ever I seen before.

Thanks, love you too! It's not that I don't want it, but who drives with their horn on anyway? Besides, there are other and much more important things that should take precedence over some sound modification so it's better for people that drive about with their 'sirens' on. Just my opinion of course.
+1 from me!
Shouldn't be the highest priority in LFS, but still would be nice for effects.
#9 - [d9]
+1 absolutely

and +1 to explain to s14, what doppler effect is...
Funny, but ... what road textures are these? Looks pretty nice and me wantz them.
I've never noticed that there is no doppler effect for the horn...maybe because I don't use it much and I don't watch replays much. It's a good suggestion anyway and I'm for it.
yea the doppler effect would be cool in lfs

but little OT and info for Nick.

use Shift+F in videos it looks better
#15 - Etem
everybody can make himself horns.
I can say "YOU ARE AN IDIOT" and when I press then the horn button there is coming "YOU ARE AN IDIOT YOU ARE AN IDIOT"
and there are a lot of different police horns
Sorry, but the only one hearing "You are an idiot" will be you. How will that feel?
#17 - Etem
funny
Can't disagree with that suggestion! Horns shouldn't defy the laws of physics

Doppler Effect on horns
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG