The online racing simulator
PC First Person Shooter Nightmares!
(43 posts, started )
Point and click. That's what a PC FPS boils down to. You do it every day on your PC. Don't make it sound so complicated.
#27 - Woz
If you have HL2 try the insurgency mod. VERY brutal learning curve but worth it. Its a big download though

For an FPS that will skill match you try QuakeLive. This is Quake3 tweaked and released as a free game online. Works well, I have been playing a fair bit of it recently. Does not show its age that much as they have made it look a bit nicer. Still has all the spark that made Q3 such a good FPS.
Quote from Forbin :Point and click. That's what a PC FPS boils down to. You do it every day on your PC. Don't make it sound so complicated.

indeed thats the fundamentals to it but then theirs tactics movement and many other variables to take into account...
Quote from trebor901 :No but if you dont want to go through the hassle of joining a clan then it pretty much is.

Enemydown mix servers
Mixes
Any of your friends (basicly a mix)/ Gogo 2on2/3on3/4on4/5on5.css on quakenet

"de_w/e / OFF/ ULOW/LOW (w/e your skill is ofc)"
Join crappy ulow/low clan desperatly seeking matches in some ffeble attempt to join ED / succeed at clanbase or w/e league you want or just do pcw's

Edit: And there is much more to any good fps played propely to point and click

Gogo screwed up typing, but you get the point
How can you play CSS properly, taking that as an example. Same guns, same strategy (or one of a few, I mean you can only plant the bomb at A or B..), with the same people..

This isn't like Americas Army or Arma or something.. most FPS games are very much like CSS, the sort of run around kill everyone thing.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/86041
Try team fortress 2 mate, newbie friendly on certain classes
Quote from S14 DRIFT :How can you play CSS properly, taking that as an example. Same guns, same strategy (or one of a few, I mean you can only plant the bomb at A or B..), with the same people..

This isn't like Americas Army or Arma or something.. most FPS games are very much like CSS, the sort of run around kill everyone thing.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/86041

Because theres more to css than run here plant bomb there defend bomb, its in no way a "RUN THERE KILL GUY PLANT" theres alot more within it involving rotations splits etc, it isnt just lets run b next round lets run a, its alot more structered and if you dont understand it that would be why
1) You dont play pcw's / leagues
2) You dont play matches with a clan
3) You probably play pub servers
Done over 700 hours on CSS, used to play with a very successful small team of 6 or 7 that won many a clan match. I haven't been doing clan stuff recently as I can't commit, and since I had a one year+ break, my reflexes aren't quite what they used to be.
#34 - senn
i'm not a huge fan of CS:S but you can change guns, only in a buy zone tho. Agree its too repetitive. Now i play L4d (where u play the same 4 missions over and over and over!)
Quote from Origamiboy : The game didn't seem to matter, COD4, UT3, TF2, you name it, I was useless.

If you want a more cerebral experience, and one that doesn't depend on super-fast-twitch-headshots, then I recommend grabbing yourself Red Orchestra for about $5 off Steam.

Steep learning curve, but super satisfying once you figure out that:
1) positioning is everything
2) prone, and you can use every piece of terrain as cover
3) running and jumping like a headless chicken doesn't work
That's a good suggestion Mattesa, or you could try ww2online which is a MMORPG where you can be a soldier, tank crew, plane crew, or even logistics crew (opel or bedford [depending one what team you are])
Quote from Mattesa :If you want a more cerebral experience, and one that doesn't depend on super-fast-twitch-headshots, then I recommend grabbing yourself Red Orchestra for about $5 off Steam.

Steep learning curve, but super satisfying once you figure out that:
1) positioning is everything
2) prone, and you can use every piece of terrain as cover
3) running and jumping like a headless chicken doesn't work

Mmm I will.
You cant beat Battlefield 2 and its mods/expansions for some FPS mayhem. Get on the right map and in a squad of decent players and you will have a ball.

Ive played most of the released FPS games over the last few years but I will always go back to BF2, You can pick BF2 and all its expansions off play.com right now for £9.99, Too much of a bargain not to get.
But I hear there's alot of hackers on BF2.. I used to have it and it was great because of the planes and stuff..
vehicles on fps games are sometimes crap, you always get retards who just run everyone over. But if you're on a descent server with people who actually know how to play the game then you'll have a descent game.
Like this?

Attached images
battlfield owned.gif
Play combat arms mate, it is a nice game and its free.
If anyone play it, my in game name is HollenSoldat.
Clicky

PC First Person Shooter Nightmares!
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG