The online racing simulator
iTCC - Round 3 - Post-Race Discussion
I will start this thread, since i do feel like saying more than just my thoughts and moments from the race.

I joined this league, because i thought there will be some close racing, which restricted FXR provides for sure. But what i saw today on Blackwood was one of the worst and dirtiest racing i've ever been in. Drivers pushing each other out of track, wrestling through to get as much positions as they could. More faster, the better. I have literally hunderd reasons for complaints and i will do it, some drivers (and even the top drivers) are like "let's make it hotlap session".
Some of you will probably think: that is touring racing. No, it isn't anymore, this is just plain stupidity and wreckfest. I don't know if i want to race in such league (though very well organised) any more.

Last thing.. i want to apologize to all, to who i did the same, because the more i got, the more i did. I was really angry and i still am. And i will think about my future participation.

See you (maybe).
Well, i have to agree. From watching the stream, race 3 was a massive mess. Racing under SC.... really....?

And the behaviour from Pickard is very childish :/
#3 - J@tko
Well, I binned it within 500 yards of getting a point in that final race.

AND FFS HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND NO CHAT?

Behaviour under SC was questionable, I was being basically pushed under alot of SC periods for keeping a gap to the car infront, however inbetween I had some good racing. Sorry David for nearly crashing you at the first SC of Race 1, I was half asleep after the SC Deployed thing came out and had to take avioding action to miss Fuse, and ended up nearly hitting you

And please, where is the protest thread?
#4 - Fuse5
Quote from Kid222 :I joined this league, because i thought there will be some close racing, which restricted FXR provides for sure. But what i saw today on Blackwood was one of the worst and dirtiest racing i've ever been in. Drivers pushing each other out of track, wrestling through to get as much positions as they could. More faster, the better. I have literally hunderd reasons for complaints and i will do it, some drivers (and even the top drivers) are like "let's make it hotlap session".
Some of you will probably think: that is touring racing. No, it isn't anymore, this is just plain stupidity and wreckfest. I don't know if i want to race in such league (though very well organised) any more.

Last thing.. i want to apologize to all, to who i did the same, because the more i got, the more i did. I was really angry and i still am. And i will think about my future participation.

See you (maybe).

Funnily enough, I feel the same. To not repeat everything, I've highlighted a couple of keypoints in your post.
What I say in the commentary sounds harsh, especially towards Bitan. I now understand that he had been taken out for no reason, and had the right to be angry. He should have stayed behind and complained after the race, but I bear no hard feelings, despite what you might hear in the broadcast.
all good racing for me , sorry again to car 74 i dident see you and pulled straight in on to you .

AND MY SKIN WAS FOR MOTHERS DAY ... mr passingham
Quote from jwardy :

AND MY SKIN WAS FOR MOTHERS DAY ... mr passingham

My point still stands
209 - P.Diaz Lost Connection

*Above = FTW!
To be honest I thought the racing this time was better than at Fern Bay. I still got relegated to the back of the field twice and on top of that had another close call but looking at it I'd call it racing incidents - even though they're awfully close to the border (Seriously guys - I can't just disappear at the end of the first chicane).

To add to this: Sorry to L. Baker for hitting you at Race 2. For me it looked like a lag-incident - because the speed at which I hit you shouldn't really have sent you flying at all.

What really annoyed me, once again, was the lack of discipline of the drivers towards the admin. Dear lord guys - the race admin is also just a human! Calling stuff like 'omg when do we start?!' does not help at all and furthermore brings even more pressure to the admin itself.
If the whole procedure is too slow for you why don't you just go to a pickup server? Even in real life bigger events do not start and end at the exact precise time - delays just happen and those 5 - 10 minutes surely do not hurt anyone. Being patient and keeping silent would not only help the admin to sort stuff more quickly but would also make the whole atmosphere a lot more friendly. In all seriousness: At some points I was under the impression that the chat was invaded by a couple of 10-year olds.
Pickards driving was very childish from my point of view. He took out too many (like me 4 times, and the renesis guy in SC. Thanks to everyone (I mean someone, the clean ones) for the race. It was very fun. oh! I nearly forgot! Im really sorry for the crash Muller. I had just been hit, and didnt see you on my side, so I pulled up, but there you was. It was all my fault, but I didnt mean to.

-Tommy "Owestgaard" as Michael says :P
Quote from Hypothraxer :If the whole procedure is too slow for you why don't you just go to a pickup server? Even in real life bigger events do not start and end at the exact precise time - delays just happen and those 5 - 10 minutes surely do not hurt anyone. Being patient and keeping silent would not only help the admin to sort stuff more quickly but would also make the whole atmosphere a lot more friendly. In all seriousness: At some points I was under the impression that the chat was invaded by a couple of 10-year olds.

QFT

Being an admin myself, theres nothing worse than people saying "OMG LETS GO111!!1!!1!1!!!1!!", it just slows you down even more. And people timing out and having to re-join is just life. Although I have to say, would RC please type numbers instead of finding people in a 40+ long connection list
Quote from Mp3 Astra :What I say in the commentary sounds harsh, especially towards Bitan. I now understand that he had been taken out for no reason, and had the right to be angry. He should have stayed behind and complained after the race, but I bear no hard feelings, despite what you might hear in the broadcast.

Then good for me I wasnt listening to the comments
But I'll have a look at this stream when I have time... just to hear what you said

By the way, if I did that - overtaking under SC - it was because I was taken out (probably by Pickard as everyone says but I didnt see) and I didn't know about the "no overtaking under SC even if you get crashed" rule. My bad.

But to say what I think, this rule seems very unfair (and dumb) to me.
Unless there was some other way to be fair without giving me back my position ?

Other than that, Race 1 was a very good one for me, I enjoyed it.
Race 2 => Too bad there were 2 disconnections.
Race 3 => Started 6th, ended up last due to the penalty.
Quote from Ricou :But to say what I think, this rule seems very unfair (and dumb) to me.

I havn't been in a League where that isn't a rule
Quote from Ricou :Then good for me I wasnt listening to the comments
But I'll have a look at this stream when I have time... just to hear what you said

By the way, if I did that - overtaking under SC - it was because I was taken out (probably by Pickard as everyone says but I didnt see) and I didn't know about the "no overtaking under SC even if you get crashed" rule. My bad.

Other than that, Race 1 was a very good one for me, I enjoyed it.
Race 2 => Too bad there were 2 disconnections.
Race 3 => Started 6th, ended up last due to the penalty.

Yeah, too bad luck, but i think you did an amazing job the first 2 races holding em off for so long, great job mate!
I have some concerns about the series that I'm going to PM to the admins.

As far as the actual racing goes, I thought it was pretty decent, especially toward the front. The back was a mess, but it usually is.

As usual, my internet connection eats shit.

Really disappointed regarding the driver behavior and not the league organization as it is.
I think that can be caused due to the form this league. Three really short races not giving room for patience.
I am going to stay to this.
Quote from Kid222 :Last thing.. i want to apologize to all, to who i did the same, because the more i got, the more i did.

I can’t think anything else…
I got really really disappointed about the behavior of drivers I respected.
I am not participating in this event. My teammate A.Perrs does. We just finished observing the race replays with him corner per corner… trying to figure out what he did wrong. I found some mistakes he made but nothing justifies what he faced from other drivers. Well I don’t think that protesting has any meaning in cases like this where the racetrack becomes a jungle and what prevails is the “get out of my way” attitude.

Anyway I am quite skeptical about this, as many seem to be. But after all I am not racing here so it’s not my decision if our racers will continue participating in ITCC.
A short note from me..

This was the 2nd ITCC race where I was asked at short notice to stand in as Race Director for ICON Darren whom again failed to make it. I did my best, this time learning from my own mistakes at round 2, and frankly, most of it went simmingly, which is far more than can be said for the shameful driving of some drivers this evening. Most drivers kept thier cool and got on with thier races, but some lost thier dummy and threw it at those around them.

I'd like you to note for a moment that I am only human, I will and do make mistakes, I am not a robot, and basically, when I ask for "NO CHAT" I really do expect there to be no answer to that. I may have working processes that you disagree with, like for example ending the session to start a new one, to reform the grid, or to change other settings as instructed or suggested by the race control team.

Quote from J@tko :Although I have to say, would RC please type numbers instead of finding people in a 40+ long connection list

I quite honestly didnt think of doing it that way.. If I should be called on again to run these sessions, then that way would cirtainly be easier for me, with all the usernames in the same colour, its hard for (my) eyes to find everyone quickly, as those in my race control team will atest to.

Quote from J@tko :AND FFS HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND NO CHAT?

Exactly, I dont understand the problem with this.. Pickard, whom has always made himself known as a childish cock to me, once again shows his worth, representing his team, to both the other drivers on track, and the 60+ audience watching over the broadcast.

Quote from Ricou :

Overtaking under safety car periods IS dumb. The fact that you personally find such a rule dumb is of no consequence, a rule is a rule is a rule, which is a point which many many drivers who enter leagues fail to realise. You dont have to like the rules, just respect them. It's not your job to even question them, expecially within a race server, where your sole job - through choosing to be there - is to drive your car with respect to yourself and others on the track, following whichever dumb rules you agreed to follow by simply entering the series.
Quote from Tomhah :Pickards driving was very childish from my point of view. He took out too many (like me 4 times, and the renesis guy in SC.

I know i was abit hard on some people but you need to look at the replays again, like for the 1st incident in race 1 after the first safety car when it was 3 car wide along the back straight, under braking i had no room what so ever and caught rikje sending us in other directions.
Quote from mkinnov8 :[..]
Overtaking under safety car periods IS dumb. The fact that you personally find such a rule dumb is of no consequence, a rule is a rule is a rule, which is a point which many many drivers who enter leagues fail to realise. You dont have to like the rules, just respect them. It's not your job to even question them, expecially within a race server, where your sole job - through choosing to be there - is to drive your car with respect to yourself and others on the track, following whichever dumb rules you agreed to follow by simply entering the series.

I had read the rules but unfortunatly didn't remember this one. My bad again.
I'll follow it in the futur, if I choose to race again here.
#21 - MR_B
Quote from mkinnov8 :a rule is a rule is a rule, which is a point which many many drivers who enter leagues fail to realise. You dont have to like the rules, just respect them. It's not your job to even question them, expecially within a race server, where your sole job - through choosing to be there - is to drive your car with respect to yourself and others on the track, following whichever dumb rules you agreed to follow by simply entering the series.

Sig'd.

I'd also like to note (being a member of the RC team tonight - "<Race Admin>") that I was,

A. impressed with the quality of racing in the first two races.

B. impressed by the patience and ability of the Race Control team to cope under pressure and,

C. Ashamed that race 3 was broadcasted. The commentary was biased and judgemental, the quality of driving was abysmal, with dangerous behaviour under the safety car, poor spacial awareness and a pathetic urge to make contact with anyone within a 200m radius. The only positive of the broadcast was the quality of the feed provided by Joe.

I strongly suggest every driver in this round re-reads the rules thoroughly, contemplate their own behaviour, not the actions of others, and return to the track for round three with a fresh attitude.

Remember, when any event is broadcasted you are representing Live for Speed, your teams, and yourselves to the sim racing community and the world. It's in your hands.

regards,

Kringle.
Server provider and temporary Race Admin for Round Two.
Quote from MR_B :

C. Ashamed that race 3 was broadcasted. The commentary was biased and judgemental, the quality of driving was abysmal, with dangerous behaviour under the safety car, poor spacial awareness and a pathetic urge to make contact with anyone within a 200m radius. The only positive of the broadcast was the quality of the feed provided by Joe.

While I understand your point about the 'cast, we can't really sit there pretending everything is perfect and nobody's doing anything wrong. When somebody is behaving in the way that a couple of drivers were, we can't pretend it's not happening. While I agree that some of my comments were biased, and that I should probably tone it down it future, I won't be ignoring silly behaviour.

Ed: As commentators, it's our duty to provide insight and analysis. That is what we did, and I won't take back what I said, but I will consider my style in future events.
I'd like to add something after watching Race 3 streaming and thinking about it:

I knew the rule about "no overtaking under Safety Car" but when I got crashed, I don't know really why but to me it was like "normal" to regain my position, because it didn't seem "normal" to get pushed out, lose 6 positions and stay behind. On the moment, the "no overtaking" part felt more like overtaking one guy, whereas I was only taking back my "legitimate" position in the field. Now I know I was wrong and I shouldn't have done that silly move.

Of course, as I thought I was right, I didn't understand the 45s penalty which came next, so I got angry ( nice guess Astra btw ) and chatted. I want to apologize for that part too.

Maybe the rules should be more detailed for dumb people like me. For example it should be written something like "if you get crashed under SC, you're screwed, just stay in the back and post a complain afterwards, DON'T GET BACK TO YOUR POSITION".
from the sounds of things... i think i got lucky by being sick as a dog this weekend ;-)
Quote from Dizzydarryn :from the sounds of things... i think i got lucky by being sick as a dog this weekend ;-)

To be honest the driving was a lot better than last round at Fern Bay - although this might come from the fact that Blackwood features a wider track than Fern Bay. The 'social' behaviour on the other hand was 'a little bit' off.

I hope we can see more clean driving especially since the next round is at South City and I'm pretty sure everyone knows what that means.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG