The online racing simulator
Quote from Dizzydarryn :from the sounds of things... i think i got lucky by being sick as a dog this weekend ;-)

Imo thats a bit to harsh, there did happen some things wich were just wrong but not looking at that there was some great racing aswell,

just thinking about the last lap of race 2, going 4 wide into the right hander after the straight and nobody crashing only 'touring car' so a bit door kissing and that was it.

for myself quali was quite unlucky with the 38kg i was happy with the 12.29 but in my last lap i was 0.07 under that at s1 until thommy disided to throw some tires onto the track in the right hander after the straight onto the racing line and i grabbed it and lost all my speed ( he even came out of the pit and the time was already over.... )

Race 1

good start nice slipstreaming until rik went for a visit how it was to be with the nose to the pack but he turned into the field grabbing me, ended up with huge damage on the engine cuss i shifted to 1st gear after the hit and that was still to early and cambers gone of the rear left so couldnt do anything 8kph to slow on straight so ppl were flying by me p20.....

Race 2

Oke the challange how to get asap to the front, went all well had some nice slipstreaming bumpdrafts, and with this SC in the last few laps and giving us a 1 lap shootout in the end even made me grab p3 in the end, was quite happy with that

Race 3

Starting on p4 i could grab p3 onto the back straight and was there quite a while, dont remember everything correct since there were so much SC, only know that in the end i didnt had a change to fight to dennis, i missed some acceleration out of short turns and his car being 18kg lighter didnt help me aswell ended up in p2.

In the end the event ended up quite well for me, loosing only 2 points to nolan even after the bad luck in race 1

Realy hope that ppl leanr what no chat is next race becaus its just so freaking anoying while racing.....

Cu in south city
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I have some concerns about the series that I'm going to PM to the admins.

About racers or organisers?
Quote from mkinnov8 :
I'd like you to note for a moment that I am only human, I will and do make mistakes, I am not a robot, and basically, when I ask for "NO CHAT" I really do expect there to be no answer to that. I may have working processes that you disagree with, like for example ending the session to start a new one, to reform the grid, or to change other settings as instructed or suggested by the race control team.

Exactly which incompetent clot decided it was a good idea to change weather in the middle of all? And I understand all the waiting to a certain degree, but when everyone including racers and the broadcast is ready it goes over my head.

Oh, I don't know why no-one's thought about it but there are gridsorting applications. Isn't there even one creator of such racing with us? That could help.
Quote from rc10racer :I know i was abit hard on some people but you need to look at the replays again, like for the 1st incident in race 1 after the first safety car when it was 3 car wide along the back straight, under braking i had no room what so ever and caught rikje sending us in other directions.

Watching it afterwards you should have lifted and backed off but meh... That was an accident.
Quote from MR_B :
C. Ashamed that race 3 was broadcasted. The commentary was biased and judgemental, the quality of driving was abysmal, with dangerous behaviour under the safety car, poor spacial awareness and a pathetic urge to make contact with anyone within a 200m radius. The only positive of the broadcast was the quality of the feed provided by Joe.

I strongly suggest every driver in this round re-reads the rules thoroughly, contemplate their own behaviour, not the actions of others, and return to the track for round three with a fresh attitude.

Well that's rubbish to be honest. The broadcast was good as always. There is no commentators in the world who aren't a little biased, it's their job to analyze and judge the situation as best as they can, and believe it or not, most of us drivers actually get along like the racing. Plus that it's actually a difficult job being a commentator.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :While I understand your point about the 'cast, we can't really sit there pretending everything is perfect and nobody's doing anything wrong. When somebody is behaving in the way that a couple of drivers were, we can't pretend it's not happening. While I agree that some of my comments were biased, and that I should probably tone it down it future, I won't be ignoring silly behaviour.

And that's damn right. If some tard is acting out, call him a tard. I'm beginning to like the combination now when you're not the most clinically formal one there.
Quote from mkinnov8 :
I quite honestly didnt think of doing it that way.. If I should be called on again to run these sessions, then that way would cirtainly be easier for me, with all the usernames in the same colour, its hard for (my) eyes to find everyone quickly, as those in my race control team will atest to.

I can see, however, why you do it that way - if you just type in the numbers, then people [for example] if they were number 44, might see the number 4 and join the grid. Having names aswell makes sure that people know exactly who should join. But when you've got such a big grid, just doing it by numbers and removing people who get it wrong is quicker

You did a good job tho, all the same
Quote from hyntty :

Exactly which incompetent clot decided it was a good idea to change weather in the middle of all? And I understand all the waiting to a certain degree, but when everyone including racers and the broadcast is ready it goes over my head.

That was my fault, I instructed Stoney to do it. I did it at the wrong time and I take the blame for it. Rest assured I won't make that mistake again. As ever, my mistakes come from good intentions, I execute them badly and things go wrong.

But anyway, that said, apart from the behavioural aspects of yesterday, we had a good meeting. Thanks a million to all the racers who gave their time, the first two races from yesterday are some of the finest races I've seen in LFS (IMO) - thanks!
And thanks to the drivers who I had good races with; Messes Marques, Ward, Novak, and various other Core guys, who I seemed to spend the entire race behind

A couple of minor incidents I was involved in, the roll was my fault, then Novak "brake checked me" [which was actually him shifting into first - no worries] and Cagas kinda smashed into the back of me at the end of the back straight, I'm sure it wasn't malicious, just him probably braking a bit too late and me braking a bit too early
I'd like to thank all the pilots who had a very doubtful behavior during the race and tell them: "well done guys" !

Well done for your overtakings. It's always a pleasure to see someone cut your line just in front of you.
Well done to the pilots who push you in the grass on straights or at brakings. Very nice !
Well done to those who forget their brakes under SC and make you spin right when green lag is shown

It was really a memorable evening for me.

I had never seen a race with so little fair play !!!

Thanks a lot ! :laola:
Quote from J@tko :Cagas kinda smashed into the back of me at the end of the back straight, I'm sure it wasn't malicious, just him probably braking a bit too late and me braking a bit too early

I'm sorry, it happened at that point, when i was really pissed and i braked VERY late.

I was very lucky though for getting into main event, i could really spend my time better way.

But for Q i got new setup from Radek, which was great and i did 10th time.

First race was bad. I decided to try R3 in behind, that was terrible mistake and i drifted through race 11th.

Second race i was taken out by rc10racer in lap4.

Last race ended for me after contact with some laggy Core guy, but i guess that was problem of his distance to server and naturally high ping.

So much for yesterday, protests are sent and since i am coming closer to exams (2 months from now), i won't be back earlier than for Aston National.
Quote from Kid222 :Second race i was taken out by rc10racer in lap4.

Watch it again from Pickard's follow view. He takes a tighter line to avoid you - since you didn't use all of the road, has to make a small correction (or deliberate hit if you're being very cynical) and makes some contact. Racing incident IMV

However, you weren't exactly squeaky clean coming down the straight, you were trying to pass all 4 wheels off the track, half on the grass, hitting another car when you rejoined, could've been a crash there.
Quote from boothy :Watch it again from Pickard's follow view. He takes a tighter line to avoid you - since you didn't use all of the road, has to make a small correction (or deliberate hit if you're being very cynical) and makes some contact. Racing incident IMV

However, you weren't exactly squeaky clean coming down the straight, you were trying to pass all 4 wheels off the track, half on the grass, hitting another car when you rejoined, could've been a crash there.

I was going this line most of time. Yeah, he couldn't know that, but how's that good for me.

And i know i also did lots of mistakes and i already apologized for them in OP. If anyone wants separate apology for my bad driving, post here and i will send you mass PM later.
Hi all,

again I can tell it was well organize race ( who thinks its easy can try and see).
I didnt drive last few weeks (damm job) and thats result...I didnt have any set...I make some sets 2 days before race ( never know how to make it some good one )..so how I was prepare it was great drive..in race 2 have damm luck and finish 10 ...for rest i give my case...so i can tell i was not so angry or piss like some of u guys...maybee only lose a little nerve when some guys talk in race/waiting for race after referee say NO CHAT. Me and some my teammate guys are referee in our regional league, with our orginization. And i know how i lose my temper when someone dont listend instruction and that manners not only show how thats guys do not respecting guys who make so much effort to make this league running but more thay dont respect other drivers who obey a words from referee.... again enyoj in nice fights and race...and i cant wait next race and hope i will have more time to prepare for race like i did for Fern Bay....again thanks racers for nice 1 and 2 race and ofcourse guys from ICON for damm good organization...specially consideration that its a second season..
Quote from Kid222 :Last race ended for me after contact with some laggy Core guy, but i guess that was problem of his distance to server and naturally high ping.

Yeah, that was me (and PMD). Looked like you and he made a little contact, which sent you across and into me (I was looking to come up the inside). I had nowhere to go/no time to react. Put me pretty hard into the inside wall, and then when I was recovering Fuse came along and smashed into you again at nearly full speed. Pretty messy situation there.
Quote from hyntty : Oh, I don't know why no-one's thought about it but there are gridsorting applications. Isn't there even one creator of such racing with us? That could help.

Just to correct.. It HAS been thought about and several applications HAVE been made, however, personally, the single time I used either of them, I've failed to see them work as expected. - Thats probably more my own user error than any of the programming, as I know the quality of the work these clever guys put into these applications.

However, to answer quite simply.. It is my personal preference NOT to use such applications to sort the grid. I prefer a manual method, and if such a way takes longer than others, so be it. I will feel more confident sorting grids manually, always have, most cirtainly always will.

Quote from mkinnov8 :
Quote from hyntty : Oh, I don't know why no-one's thought about it but there are gridsorting applications. Isn't there even one creator of such racing with us? That could help.

Just to correct.. It HAS been thought about and several applications HAVE been made, however, personally, the single time I used either of them, I've failed to see them work as expected. - Thats probably more my own user error than any of the programming, as I know the quality of the work these clever guys put into these applications.

However, to answer quite simply.. It is my personal preference NOT to use such applications to sort the grid. I prefer a manual method, and if such a way takes longer than others, so be it. I will feel more confident sorting grids manually, always have, most cirtainly always will.

From my experience, any grid app will FUBAR if not everyone is physically on track at time of sorting.

d
Quote from dekojester :From my experience, any grid app will FUBAR if not everyone is physically on track at time of sorting.

Ahem... the EGT_RA worked nicely
Quote from hyntty :Ahem... the EGT_RA worked nicely

No idea what that is, but good for them
Quote from Kid222 :http://www.interregion.cz/jarda/EGT.ZIP This one.
I saw it once in action and it worked good, still it requires full cooperation with drivers, but maybe it can solve this problem.

Just please please please please don't use the formation lap ability of it. I do not want to be waiting 45 mins for 30+ cars to get in position
Quote from J@tko :Just please please please please don't use the formation lap ability of it. I do not want to be waiting 45 mins for 30+ cars to get in position

Indeed, in this kind of sprint races it's no use (but in endu-races it's very good feature).
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out in private testing, but personally, I wouldnt be using it anyway .

A possible suggestion for the iTCC future tho.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Thanks for the link, I'll check it out in private testing, but personally, I wouldnt be using it anyway .

A possible suggestion for the iTCC future tho.

The grid ordering in EGT_RA is actually really really easy. It's a drag & drop, it will update the grid in the lobby-screen when you tell it to, it can take the order from qual and previous race, it can control who has what car, it can control ballast. ABout the only thing it doesn't do is do the track status.

I can help you get it set up if you need it.

d
Thanks for the offer deko, I had a little fiddle earlier, and it does look impressive. When I have more time free, I may take you up on that.

Cheers.
Quote from jwardy :all good racing for me , sorry again to car 74 i dident see you and pulled straight in on to you .

AND MY SKIN WAS FOR MOTHERS DAY ... mr passingham

Sh*t happends , friend. That is all part of racing... Don't worry about that

No:74
Hmm. The penalties thread is a bit confusing. Saying that chat will be penalized from now on, itll have immediate effect.. And then you choose to penalize every one for chatting in the previous race. in that manner, are you going to go through the replays of the first races as well?*Would make sense. Immediate effect would else refer to "from now on" and direct DTs in race. Controversial, imo. I do understand that is a tough call for the admins to make, especially when the ultimate purpose was to penalize Pickard (and Biton)...
You're right - it is a tough call, and to be perfectly fair it's a problem that we have created for ourselves by not penalising chatting since the first race meeting. What I would say is, is that Round 3 is the first time chatting became a 'problem'.

We won't be going over the first two rounds to retrospectively penalise racers, to take away points from drivers now, after we have already declared the results, would be wrong. As I said in the penalties thread, if you don't chat, you have nothing to worry about. The drivers who continually chat will end up harming their own championship points by collecting penalties.

Please bear with us - this is our first season and we're trying to balance the driver's enjoyment of the event with the need to run a well-organised and well-presented race meeting. The rules, for sure, are far from perfect and that's something we need to address also.

The ultimate purpose as you put it, is not to penalise individual drivers, but to put a stop, right here and right now, to further bad habits. Chatting is needless - the only reason you need to chat is to inform Race Control is when you've rolled your car and can't recover, also it's off-putting to other drivers, and lastly, (when my block messages function doesn't work) it spoils the broadcast

Thanks for posting your concern, we're determined to make the iTCC one of the best leagues in LFS, and together (drivers AND admins) we'll have a great league to look back on (and watch again! ) at the end of the season and an even better season to look forward to in 2010 I hope you can make it to the remaining rounds this year
Wenn will the list of points / balast will be updated?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG