The online racing simulator
Shooting at German school
(133 posts, started )
#76 - AMB
There's only one way to find out if this was related to playing too many games, Did he happen to say BOOMHEADSHOTZ!!!11!?
#77 - 5haz
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Saying it's his fault for having the shit kicked out of him isn't exactly the most level-headed response.

How do we even know that is true, I could tell you over the internet that I am the ressurection, that doesn't make it true.

Quote from AMB :There's only one way to find out if this was related to playing too many games, Did he happen to say BOOMHEADSHOTZ!!!11!?

#78 - AMB
Quote from 5haz :How do we even know that is true, I could tell you over the internet that I am the ressurection, that doesn't make it true.

Yes really.
What the hell have you done to my topic

I asked for opinions about THIS case, not about everyones sad past.

You want to know something misserable? I was bullied all my 13th years of school. Got beaten up, laughed at and generally my life was shit, because I was a idiot and overweight aswell. I used to blame everyone else for my miserable life. Then one day I'll faught back. Sure, I got beaten the living fukc out of, and was hated the rest two years on school, but at least they let me be alone.

However, we canot belive that everyone has the guts or will power to stand up against others.
The reason why I managed it was by help of various people, and the fact that I got encouraged from people I knew over internet. Lame - yes, but thankfull.

But enough of that, we are not going to talk about our issues, most of us has been in this situation, either for short periode or longer periode.

I wouldn't mind if people toned down their language a little, and maybe going back to topic? Anyone has news about this? I am at work on a very limited internet browser, basically I can open LFS forum and some other sites, but most other stuff are blocked. (work blocked news rellated sites earlier today, by the reason it tok the attention of people).
alright then..

17 dead, including the bad guy. He managed to get a lift (forced the driver to take him to another place), then started another shooting 40kms away from school. He injured 2 police guys, then he either got shot or shot himself.

He lived with his wealthy parents, they had a permission for their 18 different weapons. He was a calm guy.

That's the latest news afaik.

greetz

der butz
damn, once again... i hate those f*ckers, not only pecause they kill people, they are making people think about the gun laws and hunting...and that usually ends up into tighting hunting and gun laws
Sad thing, I can't imagine what it would feel like having to bury your own child. Or having to live with the fact that your kid killed so many.
Why are kids so f*cked up these days....... If your getting bullied it doesnt mean you have to go around shooting/killing everyone..... damn idiots.....
Well, you're not supposed to bully someone in the first place...
Quote from danowat :Oh good god, the Scots are nearly as bad at cuisine as the Germans are!!!, I am suprised you managed 2 weeks without a heartattack!!!!

Screw.........You

Arg, my mother just tried to talk me into a "Killer games are the root of evil" discussion again (by discussion I mean her trying to convince me :shrug

"I believe that someone who plays these games is likely to kill people in reality, because these games blunts them. In the end he wants to receive media attention."
:faint: (Doesn't make much sence I think, ~90% of all male teenagers have played a shooter sometime)
Quote from ACCAkut :Arg, my mother just tried to talk me into a "Killer games are the root of evil" discussion again (by discussion I mean her trying to convince me :shrug

"I believe that someone who plays these games is likely to kill people in reality, because these games blunts them. In the end he wants to receive media attention."
:faint: (Doesn't make much sence I think, ~90% of all male teenagers have played a shooter sometime)

I would hypothesise that the figure is 100% of male teenagers from developed countries, and that similar things probably happen in the heart of Africa.

The problem is there are too many do-gooding left wing liberals in the world trying to fix everything, and when they aren't sure what to fix they seek out things that they think are broken and fix those, often with little concept of the wider issues they are looking at.

If she's hassling you over first person shooters tell her Grand Theft Auto is a training tool for car jackers and Dungeons & Dragons is a form of devil worship and that'll give her something else to panic over for a bit.
What kind of "ban games" stuff there then was last time, after Erfurt and the other shooting? Other than goody-two-shoes blaming games - but I mean did those shootings actually affect legislation regarding availability or ratings of video games / movies?

Doesn't Germany already have quite ridiculous video game laws? Not only high age ratings but humans replaced with zombies or robots and blood removed? Or is that stuff just a legend?

_
Quote from deggis :
Doesn't Germany already have quite ridiculous video game laws? Not only high age ratings but humans replaced with zombies or robots and blood removed? Or is that stuff just a legend?

No it's not. And i still hate them for replacing the driver in Flatout 2 with a crashtest dummie.
Well, violent videogames and violent movies do 'blunt you', and I don't see how anyone could possibly argue against that. Being exposed to violence makes you less sensitive to it, it's a basic principle that can be applied to nearly everything in life: exposure to anything leads to gradually decreasing responses.

Being exposed to violence, however, does not cause you to go on a rampage, nor does being goth or being bullied. These factors (minus the goth one, since that has f*ck all to do with anything) might weigh in on the matter, but they're never solely the reason for such events to unfold.

You have to remember that people are basically animals, and everyone (yes, every single one of us) has primal urges to kill, maim or otherwise harm others. Healthy people have the ability to surpress it though, but it's well known that psychopaths have entirely differently wired brains, where the area responsible for cause/effect and fear is pretty much inactive once they get such primal urges. The difference? when you think "damn, that person pisses me off so much I could kill em" a psychopath might actually do it.

Combine a person with sociopathic or psychopathic tendencies with bullying (is it even proven that this was the case in this shooting btw?) and frequent exposure to violence and access to guns and you get a dangerous situation. Anyway, whose to say anyone is right about the situation that occurred and the background stories? Until there are hard facts speculation is a bit pointless.
I do not believe that a mentally healthy person can be pushed to the point of killing people by a video game, however violent it can be. Maybe an already mentally VERY sick person can be pushed over the limit, snap and do something like that, but we're not talking of depression sick, here, it would have to be something much deeper.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if gambling caused more people to go insane and do something like this than video-games.

edit to quote:

Quote :exposure to anything leads to gradually decreasing responses.

Yes, but I'm uneasy about this in this particular case. For instance, I've been playing decently violent video-games for years, and I don't think I'd be less affected if I saw somebody try to kill someone on the street, or even if I was caught in the middle of a shooting like that. Another example: if you play Grand Theft Auto for years and of course drive like a total moron in it, does it make you more prone to car accidents? Or will it affect your driving at all?

People influenced by video games to the point of it actually modifying their behavior are rare, and probably mentally fragile in the first place.
#92 - AMB
Quote from boosterfire :I do not believe that a mentally healthy person can be pushed to the point of killing people by a video game, however violent it can be. Maybe an already mentally VERY sick person can be pushed over the limit, snap and do something like that, but we're not talking of depression sick, here, it would have to be something much deeper.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if gambling caused more people to go insane and do something like this than video-games.

or films.
I'm still shocked by this, although it happened hundreads of kilometers away from my home... It really hit my stomach when heard it... I'm not able to say much... I just wanna quote my comment on cnn.com

Quote from http://internationaldesk.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/11/today-at-the-i-desk-school-rampage-in-germany/#comment-141 : March 11th, 2009 1818 GMT

Me as student from Germany was shocked when hearing these news with myself just coming back from my school. I cannot and I don’t want to know his thoughs he might have kept for days, months, years. What I think I noticed is the accelerating number of deads because of gun confontration. I know that there are these strict regulations, but I think they are not enough. I really cannot think of a proper reason, having guns at home, and that permissions are given to have them in the own living room in some sort of cupboard fears me. Several years ago a friend of mine was hit by a gunshot, because a old man got mad of the sound of playing kids outside. So I think that banning guns out of civil homes would help additionally to make it safer.
Regarding the describtions of the other students at that school, he was not typical, he was quiet reserved and even passed his school exam. (In comparison to 2002’s rampage in Erfurt, where the suspect did not pass school).
My thoughts are with the victims and the loved ones of the victims

What I think is impressive and very good is that MTV Germany stopped their program, now playing an auto pilot with music videos and a banner "Because of today's tragedy in Winningen MTV/VIVA decided to change its program. Our thoughts are with the victim's families."

Several other chanals also decided to take out the live entertaining shows of the program.
Canada, USA, Norway, Germany, last 2 years has good drama all around the world it seems.
Quote from xaotik :Yes. One side is being behind the gun and the other in front of it.

Definatly got a point there!

Anyway, it's a shame, these things happen far too often in my eyes. Something major needs to be done.

And no, violent games don't make people suddenly go and do it in RL. Anyone who says that it did to them is just lying and can't face up to the fact they're in need of change, they can't accept reality so they blame the game.
You have to feel sorry for the gun. The poor thing will probably get smelted down to nothing. Poor ickle gun.
Quote from Luke.S :You have to feel sorry for the gun. The poor thing will probably get smelted down to nothing. Poor ickle gun.

Stupid post mate. nearly as pointless as this one.
people need to stop shooting each other..
They dont shoot each other they get shot by only one person. That's different.
Guns don't kill people.. rabbits do.. :hide:

Shooting at German school
(133 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG