The online racing simulator
#1 - d4nzo
Allwats discontecing on multiplayer
Problim is solved, i hope

I've got so feed up with not being able to complete 1 LAP without losing connection its got so bad i cant even have a race and stand a chance of finishing the race!

I never used to have a problem my pc can easily handle LFS and other games that need alot more power (i have a ge force 9600 GT) and i recon it must be my internet connection but i play other online multiplyer games with no problim so why do i have a problem on LFS

At first i was gonna buy S2 then i started getting disconnected and now its dreadful so im not wasting my money on S2 when i cant even finish a lap on multiplayer (Which is the main part of the game)

Someone please help me before i go mad! (Well i already am but yeah plz help )

Sorry just noticed spelling mistakes in title

Cure

For anyone else who has with problim i just started using a cable (luckly i had one allread comming up though roof from downstairs near my pc)
"on multiplayer" means what exactly? Timeout and connection issues are not directly LFS related issues but connection issues and it's pretty much impossible that you can't find a single server you can race on.

Try the following (UK) servers:
  • [oS] DRAG SERVER #1
  • ノマedline ノマacing D
  • B2R FPRS RankingSystem
  • Blackwood XFG XRG
  • Drag Server #1
  • FPRS Demo CrashSystem
  • FRANCE 2009
  • GamersTurkiye.com
  • XFusion|Racing Demo
#3 - d4nzo
When i go online and race agest over people
i dont know what causes it though
#4 - d4nzo
just went on XFusion|Racing Demo and i lost connection when i had about 20 secs till finishing a lap
Whats your connection speed? Also, close as much internet applications as possible.
Ok try the following:
  • Press the Windows key + R
  • Type cmd and hit OK
  • Type ping -n 20 85.180.67.165 and hit return
The average ping should not exceed 150ms (LFS sends up to 6 position updates per second, depending on the server's setting) and packet loss should be 0%.
If you're using WLAN (WIFI), poor signal quality is the most common cause of such problems. Some more info on your network and internet connection would help
#7 - d4nzo
should be 54.0 Mbps i think

i ahve everthing closed and the internet speed has been same sence i started playing LFS as far as im awear
#8 - d4nzo
well that thing came back as min=150ms, max= 183 ms , average = 135ms

My signal strength is very good at the moment but im sure its often on exelant

Thanks for trying to help

Slightly changing the subject im making a skin (ive made one before)
and ive attached picture of it so far=D
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Quote from d4nzo :well that thing came back as min=150ms, max= 183 ms , average = 135ms

My signal strength is very good at the moment but im sure its often on exelant

Thanks for trying to help

Wireless connection?
Here we have the problem.
Try using a cable.
54Mbps is your wi-fi adaptor's speed, not your internet speed

If you're being disconnected from most LFS servers, it's not LFS' fault. It's either down to poor wireless, poor internet speeds or poor ISP routing. If you can move your PC to the router and connect with ethernet, and try and race, see does it still disconnect you. That should see is it the wireless at fault.

Our last ISP had 3Mbps connection with us, yet I couldn't hold a connection for more than 30 seconds on any server, using ethernet straight from the modem

@Stefani and other wireless haters: Wireless is not a problem. I'm a good 30m away from my router, going through 4 solid concrete walls and passing through a kitchen full of appliances. Yet I can play LFS just fine, and get the exact same download speed as the PC we have connected to the router with ethernet
im not moving a massive wardrobe then taking carpet up to put the cable from my playstation (so i can play online) and putting it in my pc
Actually I meant move the PC down to the router Just move it down and try and play for a little while, you don't have to set up any fancy desks. You don't even need to plug in a wheel, just sit on track in a cruise server or something
taking pc downstairs would be kinda annoying =p and i woudlnt be able to keep it pligged into where it comes in

I dont think its my internet or anythign because i play other online games fine its just LFS i had it on downstairs pc once and i dont rember me losign connection nor do i rmeber losing connection on my pc aswell and my pc has better graffics card
Sitting there dont lose conenction for ages i find as soon as driving it seems and mostly on the striaght i soulda mentioned that lol

note now gone for 10 mins or so and then ahev to go in 15 mins anyway

well i could just plug otehr pc screen and keyboard and mouse and stuff in from pc whats allready there but prefer not to =p

also i use keyboard =p i cant drive on playstation with the wheel =p
hopfully i will be able to drive in real life better with a wheel =D
I'm kind of having a hard time understanding what you're typing. But check that nobody else in your house is downloading a lot. You router (if it's anything like mine) will have flashy lights on it when people are using the internet intensively.
No it isnt right now
It hasnt effected other stuff when have been in the past and i was onit last night when no other pcs were on and still like it

Were using AOL stuck in contact with em so we get a rubbish laptop (realy dont like AOL and didnt befor its improved now used to lose internet alot but havnt now for like half a year)

i often type bad soz try to correct mistakes
im now going ill check back in the morning
Who is your internet provider? E: Okkk.. post while I'm posting this lulz.

I bet it's a bad wireless connection, though.. what router do you have?

I'm using a 1mb AOL connection through my Netgear router and I never have any disconnections, even on very busy servers during peak hours, so don't just assume that it's because of your wireless.. (basically what Dougie said)

It could be one of many things.. and please type more coherently, I'm like feeling sick from reading
sorry its cus im now going and rushing right now

read comment above

i dont understand the fact that other game son internet are fine but i have problims with this one
(And no im not buying ur tv =p)(to person above)
Hi all, I have started to get this same problem as well. It only started last night, LFS has been fine before. Connection is 30Mb cable/ethernet. It's odd, the game will run fine for a bit, say 2-3 mins then drops connection to server. Then once it starts it gets progresively worse. I have tried a few of the servers from the above list but still get the same issue. All other games, rFactor, Evo etc run fine so I am wondering if anyone else has suddenly started getting this problem to? Checked firewall etc and can't find anything out of the ordinary there. I am not pointing the finger at LFS either so please don't shoot me on sight. Just not really sure where to go next to determine the exact cause of the problem I am having.
EDIT: wow just noticed join date V number of posts, see what I mean about LFS running fine before this.
Crap, also forgot some basic pc specs, maybe that might help.Asus MB, Dual core 4400, 9800 gtx + 1gb, 2gb ram, xfi-gamer.
yeah that sounds like the very same problim i have jus tive had to put up with it alot longer it can be better at times but not much better...

Its realy odd i cant think of what it can be causing it when everthing else works fine , Wouldnt be a crupt file in LFS would it? maby one thats has crupt

note:maby more people get this problim than i thought

Pvt5tash if u find a fix for it please let me know
..... Please stop "rushing" when you're typing.

The internet is like meeting women. You may get on well with most of them, however there will be a few that disagree with your.... 'connection'...

Try cleaning out your PC, use CCleaner and perhaps that could fix it.. running virus, spyware checks etc.

If you're on AOL, are you using an account with some form of Parental Controls? Even if it's logged on in the router, it'll stop everyone from using certain content, which can include blocking of the traffic to play some on-line games.

Try logging in to an un-parentel-controlled account (i.e use that email and password in the router setup), and failing that, try opening the AOL browser and connecting, then try.
Sorry i didnt have much time

Theres isnt any parent controll onit (i can go on what ever i want to)

I run reglar virus scans i de-fraged and disk cleaned my pc and also deleted stuff i didnt want ,on saturday (Saved 5GB)

Ive got no virus, well at lest i hope not, but im sure i dont

Well i cant be that that good at using the internet then (naaa im not that bad)
Hi! (thanks for advice which mainboard to choose )

You can buy looong RJ-45 (ehternet) cable somewhere and connect your PC to router.
Try it
The fact that you're GETTING connected and then losing it suggests there's a loss occurring somewhere rather than a problem making the connection. Just as a diagnostic, the only sensible option is to try it with a cable. If it works fine then, you know it's the wireless connection causing the issue. If you have the same problem, it's your connection or computer.

Do you live near pylons or a radio tower or do you use a lot of other wireless stuff? Do your neighbours?
Can you use a different channel for the wireless network ?
It may be that a neighbours is interfereing.

Does the router have the latest firmware ?
My Netgear DG834 used to drop the wifi connections randomly on a previous firmware version.

As already mentioned though, connecting with a wire would rule both of these out.

Edit:

Are you using a USB wireless device ?
Windoze may be turning it off as 'power-saving'.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG