The online racing simulator
Am I allowed to
(29 posts, started )
Am I allowed to
like i said before my brother left for college and left his computer here with the full game on it. Am I allowed to play the full game?

I have been. so I hope so.

also is there anyway to check if he cracked it?

because I will delete it off the hard drive and download the demo version if so.
Looks like it's cracked ... you're demo racer. tut tut
yeah my account is a demo racer I dont know his password.

im saying is there any way to check in the game or in data folder.
Well if he has a proper S2 licence, and the game is unlocked, it will say on the main menu screen

S2 Licence: LicenceName

If it is cracked, I don't know what it will say, but it probably won't say that.
It should show the license he has set there.

Faib, try to go online on S2 hosts with your brother's account, so you know.
First time i've tried going online and it only shows demo servers.

does that mean he cracked it?
Quote from Faib227 :First time i've tried going online and it only shows demo servers.

does that mean he cracked it?

If you can see the list, then it aint.
Well, if you go into single player can you select S2 cars/tracks?
yeah I can select all cars and everything.

but I cant see the S2 servers.
#10 - pipa
Try connecting directly to a server.

Like: NDR|Public Racing
Hmm, it could be cracked, or he could have changed his passwords

BTW, if you say it's bringing up a list of demo servers, it must be an old version. If it is S2, you'll be lucky to find more than a handfull of empty ones
What does it say here? (attachment)
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
Quote from Takumi_lfs :What does it say here? (attachment)

I couldn't unlock lfs on uni computers so had to crack it to play s2 content but if you crack it it says s2 licence down there too (well it used to anyway so I would assume still does.) The only real way, as previously said, would be go online and see if you can get on S2 servers/content.
I am talking about his license name....
Quote from Greboth :I couldn't unlock lfs on uni computers so had to crack it to play s2 content but if you crack it it says s2 licence down there too (well it used to anyway so I would assume still does.) The only real way, as previously said, would be go online and see if you can get on S2 servers/content.

huh? do you think its safe to say that on LFS forums?
Quote from DevilDare :huh? do you think its safe to say that on LFS forums?

As long as you have S2 license it is allowed (AFAIK).
I would advise contacting your brother, ask him if he's S2 licenced, and if he would mind you racing under his username.

I'm not sure of the official LFS stance on sharing a licence, but I would have thought you would not be breaking any rules by using his account with his permission of course, a quick e-mail to the LFS tech would confirm if its OK.

If the account is not licenced (crack) DO NOT USE IT.

SD.
Quote from Shadowww :As long as you have S2 license it is allowed (AFAIK).

Really? Since when? and if you do crack it, dont go around forums blurping it out.... no one wants to know.....
I was able to got on S2 servers so I'm guessing its not cracked?
We hope so

To check, you could see what the username is (bottom left, LFS splash screen), and then search members on the forum to see if it's S2 licensed. If it is, congrats
Or, you could use Phlos LFS Checker
E: outdated apparently
Quote :Last updated : long time ago...

It sees me as a demo racer.....?
Has me as S1
License name not found

#25 - Jakg
Quote from Shadowww :As long as you have S2 license it is allowed (AFAIK).

Just to confirm - it is allowed, but in no way supported or encouraged (direct from a Dev)

Am I allowed to
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG