The online racing simulator
S2 Unlock keeps reseting
(21 posts, started )
S2 Unlock keeps reseting
Hi all

it's very simple.... im able to unlock S2, the unlock-confirmation is sent to my email, im able to play online.... but after only one PC-restart the unlock is gone!

i tried restoring my old LFS-folder from my backup disc and i also reinstalled it several times -> doesnt work.

LFS-version: Z10!

so... any help? i just could ask for another unlock but that's not changing the situation.

-
screama
Probably something in your connection. Dont know actually
how do you shut down computer and how do you stop lfs?
Try to execute LFS.exe as administrator. Maybe you can't save into LFS folder.

But if you are able to play before re-booting is weird
Doesnt matter, im bit sure that its via connection. If connection loses (windows shuts down or something) then the registration information is being deleted from registry.
Quote from Marco1 :how do you shut down computer and how do you stop lfs?

the normal way

Quote :
Try to execute LFS.exe as administrator. Maybe you can't save into LFS folder.

no, everything works fine... except this unlock-thingy

Quote :
Doesnt matter, im bit sure that its via connection. If connection loses (windows shuts down or something) then the registration information is being deleted from registry.

im able to play it offline with disabled ethernet-connection
Had same problem.
Fix:

1. Reboot
2. Run LFS as admin and unlock
3. Reboot
4. every next time run LFS as admin.
Quote from hazaky :Doesnt matter, im bit sure that its via connection. If connection loses (windows shuts down or something) then the registration information is being deleted from registry.

LFS doesn't use the registry
Quote from dougie-lampkin :LFS doesn't use the registry

I was going to say that lol.

Make sure you are on a fully active Windows account (i.e Admin or something)

Follow Shadowwws instructions as he (sometimes, mind!) knows what he's talking about. :hide:
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
I don't think it's a Vista problem either, I've run Vista and 7 with and without UAC on, and everytime LFS was fine. I do remember a problem before where someone put their PC into sleep and LFS locked itself again. Make sure that when you turn off that the PC is actually fully off (don't just push the power button, Vista has that mapped to sleep on some PCs by default)
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Follow Shadowwws instructions as he (sometimes, mind!) knows what he's talking about.

Sigged.
I see what you've done there! :hide:
a little update after one week without lfs...

i put my pc into standby-mode instead of shutting it down and.... yay it's locked again!

WHY?
Quote from screama :a little update after one week without lfs...

i put my pc into standby-mode instead of shutting it down and.... yay it's locked again!

WHY?

DID you tried everyone's ideas?
i tried everything!

i unlocked it under "Administrator", normal user with admin-rights, reinstalled it under both users.........
Did you tried to reinstall the game again? Or use patch Z exe file to downgrade lfs.

What path is your lfs installed?

if im right your not able to unlock lfs again?
i tried reinstalling it with patch Z and testpatch Z10.

the path to lfs.exe is S:\Live For Speed\LFS.exe

and... i AM able unlock it again (when i have unlocks available)!!
Quote from screama :i tried reinstalling it with patch Z and testpatch Z10.

the path to lfs.exe is S:\Live For Speed\LFS.exe

and... i AM able unlock it again (when i have unlocks available)!!

Try to cut lfs and put it into C:\Live For speed or something.
why should i do that... its installed there for years and never changed that.
It helps sometimes to replace the path of the files. If you dont want to do it, then dont... dont complain about your lfs being revert back to demo then.
Don't listen to Takumi, he lives in country of drugs.

Go to data\misc\ and delete f1.xyz, f2.xyz and f3.xyz, then go to LFS dir and delete cfg.txt.
After that, do what I said in post #7.

S2 Unlock keeps reseting
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG