The online racing simulator
#1 - BMB
What is happenig ?...[CAD] Destruction Derby
Hi all

I was on that server about 7 or 6 hours ago.(I Dont know exactly)

I just went to garage and tried to leave it, but i couldnot, like when is somebody connecting. Problem was that it took 10, 15 minutes, i saw ppl losing connection. After that time i decided to switch to WIN and kill the proces, because i was unable to disonnect inside the game.

Than i tried to connect to that server, i saw like 9 ppl waiting before me... I went on other server and after few hrs decided to connect there again but there was the same situation (but less ppl waiting). Same situation is on the server right now when i am posting. No one is on the server and waiting for one player.

I dont know if is that prolem of my equipment (PC, LFS, etc) , or is there some kind of some hacker attack on that server (Someone scaning who is trying to connect and saving his pass and name. I DONT KNOW how loging to server works and if is that possible... only my idea), or its only some bug.

MY EN probably suck a little so i hope that u ll understand me.

THX for reading BMB...
Quote from BMB :some kind of some hacker attack on that server

If it's true, I say thanks to hacker 9999999999999999999 times.
Think it's more of a server error or something.
Have not heared of that kind of hacking, so my guess is some server errors.
#4 - BMB
Quote from The Very End :Think it's more of a server error or something.
Have not heared of that kind of hacking, so my guess is some server errors.

I would like to see it like some server error but for 12 hrs ?... admin was online when it started happening... If it made some kinda error why didnot he shuted it down and restart...

I know bad person to ask.. ...
Just wanted to say i havent seen it time I play LFS... maybe its a bug... ...
Have anybody seen anythink similar ?...
my server have had this problem too i restartet it and now its all fine
and its not a hacker ...
LOGICAL FTW ^^
Quote from BMB :

I dont know if is that prolem of my equipment (PC, LFS, etc) , or is there some kind of some hacker attack on that serverd me.

Quote from Shadowww :If it's true, I say thanks to hacker 9999999999999999999 times.

@Shadowww:

why say 99xxxx times Thanks to the hacker?
That was a rly good servers or only you loosed all times the race?

Hope server is setet up soon again
Quote from Heiko1 :@Shadowww:

why say 99xxxx times Thanks to the hacker?
That was a rly good servers or only you loosed all times the race?

Hope server is setet up soon again

1. That server lags as hell
2. 1/4 of ppl were driving wrong way and wrecking the race
3. Idea is stolen from TVE's server
4. Layout with OVER 9000!!111 objects which made me pray for 5 fps
5. "Too many physics objects" and KABOOM into air at every T1
6. ...
7. PROFIT!!!
Rofl, thank you for getting me to laught the milk up and thorught my nose when reading this.

Last effing time I go online on forum while eating breakfast!
Quote from Shadowww :1. That server lags as hell
6. ...
7. PROFIT!!!

1. I'm sure that TVE's server would lag aswell with a full grid
2. False. The server has an insim which spectate the few stupids guys who try to do that.
3. False. TVE's server is based on harcore crashing while CAD is more based on banger racing.
4. That's true.
5. If you drive carefully through T1, there's no problem with that.
6. ...
7. ...
6. ...
7. PROFIT!!!

omg then buy a better computer... lol and get better internet xD rofl
u make me laught as hell

and wrong way driving is allowed xD lol
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :1. I'm sure that TVE's server would lag aswell with a full grid
2. False. The server has an insim which spectate the few stupids guys who try to do that.
3. False. TVE's server is based on harcore crashing while CAD is more based on banger racing.
4. That's true.
6. ...
7. ...

Won't you explain why then on TVE's server 75% of racers finish, and on CAD only 25% can get to finish line?
Quote from Shadowww :Won't you explain why then on TVE's server 75% of racers finish, and on CAD only 25% can get to finish line?

How did you get the idea that 75% finish the race on TVE's server? Because you always finished your races? Nah, really these statistics are just wrong.
I just HAVE to join in this debate!

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :1. I'm sure that TVE's server would lag aswell with a full grid
4. That's true.
6. ...
7. ...

1. Yeah, that's probably true. Plus remember the 41 connections incident?
2. To be honest I haven't seen anyone try to go the wrong way, but then again the insim kicks you for going too fast in the pits
3. Apart from the "Total Destruction" things that TVE used to do, I don't really think that TVE's is based around total crashing
4. Well that's usually the problem with layouts that have loads of objects on, but the layout shouldn't be the prime reason for the fps drop
5. I rarely get the MAX ALPHA OBS message; only ever properly happens on FE1R.
6. & 7. I lol'd

On-topic: The server was down all day yesterday; maybe try contacting the server owner (killer sponge) and ask him to restart it?
Let's test it out, come online on [noobs] Destruction Derby , no insim
This sometimes happens, at least happened to me. For example when a user is connecting, press SHIFT+R, you will see "restart" on the screen and all the others actions will be disabled untill the user join. But this was surely other case. Server had some error etc. and it was disabling your actions... or something similar. I don't think it was an LFS bug.
It's because someone with MEGA MEGA MEGA lag is connecting.

And for some reason they don't get refused connection, they keep "connecting". We had this on the NDR|Public Racing server last week and we had to re-boot the server
I prefer a Road Rage WITHOUT a layouts =)
i have the same problem,
i cant go to pit when someone connect into the server.and when i leave the pit.
or it said : new guest timed out or there a huge lag.
#19 - BMB
Quote from J@tko :It's because someone with MEGA MEGA MEGA lag is connecting.

And for some reason they don't get refused connection, they keep "connecting". We had this on the NDR|Public Racing server last week and we had to re-boot the server

Sure think connecting 46 Hrs now
was racing here today and 2 "racers" decided to attempt to wreck me:
Although i still came 1st in the race and both of them failed miserably at 2 attempts to ram me while at full speed on the straight.
There is one where he tries to stop me on the last lap, and where he also rams me just before i leave the server on the last lap. and also about half way through he also tries to stop me.
and on the T1 they all try drive flat out into me
Attached files
liam failed.mpr - 666.4 KB - 221 views
Quote from harjun :was racing here today and 2 "racers" decided to attempt to wreck me:
Although i still came 1st in the race and both of them failed miserably at 2 attempts to ram me while at full speed on the straight.
There is one where he tries to stop me on the last lap, and where he also rams me just before i leave the server on the last lap. and also about half way through he also tries to stop me.

You'll have much more chances to get an answer if you put this report at its right place
Quote from harjun :was racing here today and 2 "racers" decided to attempt to wreck me:

Stop being such a c**t by reporting people in a ****ing destruction derby server.

You're as bad as someone throwing a ****ing rubber bouncy ball in a glassware store, and then going "WTF STUFF BROKE! HOW THE HELL!".

Grow up and stop trying to find problems where they aren't.

Moron.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Stop being such a c**t by reporting people in a ****ing destruction derby server.

You're as bad as someone throwing a ****ing rubber bouncy ball in a glassware store, and then going "WTF STUFF BROKE! HOW THE HELL!".

Moron.

the rules clearly state that you can't drive in the opposite direction on the track.
And there are idiots driving on the wrong way round on the track, so im reporting them.
6. ...
7. PROFIT!!!

I completely agree with everything shadowww has said above.

I like that style of racing(which was based on or stolen from TVE's noobs server anyway) but CAD is just hideous to race on because of all the above reasons, and i actually find it quite crappy because you simply cannot have decent contact racing with so many of those stupid buggy barriers all over the place where they don't really need to be, every object added doesnt seem much by itself,but once you start getting into the high hundreds it does affect FPS quite badly, plus the immense lag that the server has all the time is just terrible TBH.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Stop being such a c**t by reporting people in a ****ing destruction derby server.

Moron.

:clapclap::clapclap::clapclap::clapclap::clapclap:

I don't care about people going the wrong way at me personally, as all i do is just oblidge with as many head on's with them as i can until my car is disabled!
dawesdust_12 gets an infraction for abusive language and insulting other users.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG