The online racing simulator
The IT Crowd - Funny TV series
(24 posts, started )
Here is a great new series by channel 4.
It's from the writer of Father Ted and Brass Eye!
Quality stuff!
Episode 1 isn't as good as the rest because it's just intorducing the characters but it's still funny!!

Episode 1-5 on google video: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=IT+Crowd

Episode 1: Yesterday's Jam
Episode 2: Calamity Jen
Episode 3: 50/50
Episode 4: The Red Door
Episode 5: The Haunting of Bill Crouse

Episode 6: http://edge.channel4.com/theitcrowd/IT_Crowd_episode_5.wmv

It's only a 6 episode series.
Its a odd sort of comedy, quite subtle, but I do find it quite funny, the Irish guy is nuts, a "moss" is just like I guy I work with, plus Jen is hot LOL.

Dan,
It's exactly the kinda comedy i like!
Have you ever seen Brass Eye or The Day-Today Dan?
Heck yeah, I have them all on my HDD, Chris Morris is a comedy great.
I am quite a big fan of comedy in general really

Dan,
Quote from danowat :Heck yeah, I have them all on my HDD, Chris Morris is a comedy great.

excellent!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :I saw some of it, thought it was knackers, stopped watching it. I'm also a big fan of Chris Morris but I thought this was pretty run-of-the-mill sitcom garbage tbh.

Blasphamy!
Maybe not quite as good as the brass eye / day today stuff, but still makes me laugh. I love that, "Hello IT, have you tried turning it off and on again?"
standard greeting.

Imo the best stuff Chris Morris did was the radio series Blue Jam, much more surreal

But.... if I was presenting an award, Seth MacFarlane, if you havnt seen them, you must go out and watch Family Guy and American Dad, I command it!
What are you still sitting there for?
Go forth and laugh this instant.
-
Nah, its just a different comedy genre thats all.
As for other comedy, I still think Rik Mayall and Ade Edmunson in Bottom is the pinnicle for me, ok its purile and childish, but it still makes me laugh 12 years on.

Dan,
I sort of like the IT crowd, although the best bit by far to date has been the advert for the new and much extended emergency number. I've been watching it since then in the hope that it will reach those heights again
#10 - Jakg
i like it but i think im exactly the same as Moss!
Quote from Jakg :i like it but i think im exactly the same as Moss!

Oh my, you poor, poor chap

Dan,
Unfortunately the online episodes are DRM'ed. Just a little warning.

The series is quite good, and a "reasonably" accurate representation of the IT industry, imho
Has anyone ever seen Garth Marenghi's Dark Place?

And i agree, Brass Eye is absolutly superb, the drugs episode has to be my fav!
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :Has anyone ever seen Garth Marenghi's Dark Place?

Yep and I loved it
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :Has anyone ever seen Garth Marenghi's Dark Place?

And i agree, Brass Eye is absolutly superb, the drugs episode has to be my fav!

Yep, truely amazing.

And yep, Brass Eye is pmsl funny too.
Quote from danowat :As for other comedy, I still think Rik Mayall and Ade Edmunson in Bottom is the pinnicle for me, ok its purile and childish, but it still makes me laugh 12 years on.

Rightey dokey skip.
It's not bad, a few of the characters ruin it for me though, Moss is just crap, and the goth is too much like Neil from the Young ones. I did have a good laugh at quite a few of the lines though. It is worth a watch.
Just go ttreated to this gem!!
On the subject of comedy, Morris is the man, of course, but I have to put in a good word for Monkey Dust. Seth McFarlane meets Kafka, Burroughs, and Bukowski. Anyone else a fan?
I've started watching Dark Place recently which is just great, do these other shows mentioned feature the same guy? Anyway I'm going to check some of them out, of course Bottom and Red Dwarf are old faves but the others I've never heard of. Praise be the internet
I have always had a soft spot for Spaced, which if you liked Shaun of the dead you will enjoy, and, a very underated comedy series IMO, Peep show.

Dan,
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah Peep Show is great. I missed the end of this series Oh well, have to buy the DVD

I actually "taped" them from the TV and converted them to Divx for my lounge media PC

Dan,
#23 - mr_x
The IT Crowd is awsome, found it really funny, and also My Name is Earl on on straight after it, makes friday night TV watchable!!

if anyone is into stand up comedy... Ross Noble is the guy you want to watch! hes almost killed me laughing a fair few times!
-
Saw the Reduced Shakespeare Company at my school a few (quite a few) years ago. They did the complete works. Iirc it was a 2 hour show, and they spend the first hour and a half doing every play. Then they do them all in 20 minutes. Then all in 5 minutes. Then all in 2 minutes. As a finale they did every single works of Shakespeare in one minute.

And the REALLY clever thing was that you still got it all too

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG