The online racing simulator
little host script
i'm trying to find some code that i can use on my website to probe lfsworld for data about my servers... nothing big, just what track it's on and how many people are racing... php or html is good.

kinda like this (which i found in the sticky)

there's probably one in here but i suck at searching...

thanks

thanks
i looked at HoTTracker... it seems too elaborate for what i need (lfsw player/team stats?). plus it appeared to be broken, it said my XFR server was a MRT server...

i got one of the php lfs sdk deals working, but i still need a way to put that data into a working webpage...
The old HoT Tracker is indeed kind of outdated. The good thing is that it didn't need MySQL if you only wanted to show online mates and server status.

Currently I'm developing a new release of the HoT Tracker which is much bigger (and needs MySQL), but should be easier to install and to use.

The real benefit of it is that someone can install it and others can use the functionality (e.g. server status) remotely! Currently I'm running kind of a beta test, i.e. I have the new tracker running on my private webspace and my clan is using the remote server status (simply including a script).

This is what the server status now looks like:

http://www.g-g-c.de/index.php?uid=server&show=lfs

The new tracker allows to configure the look of the server status (i.e. which fields to display, which texts to show) individually. The same holds for colors.

The new tracker should have been released already but as you might know, real life is more important and recently I had not much time to finish the remaining 5% of the tracker. Very few things need to be done (including documentation), so I hope I will be able to release it during march. But don't nail me down in that.
Quote from Victor :Well, I was making this not too long ago : http://www.lfsworld.net/hoststatus/?h=Blackwood%20XFG%20XRG but never finished it because there wasn't really a lot of interest. Or maybe I posted it in the wrong thread : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1017787#post1017787 (read from that post onwards).
It's fairly easy for me to finish it, if that's what you were looking for.

OOH! yes... that's what i'm looking for... i tried it on my servers but it didn't work... unless i fudged the URL...

edit: i did. didn't add the color tags.
Quote from Victor :Well, I was making this not too long ago : http://www.lfsworld.net/hoststatus/?h=Blackwood%20XFG%20XRG but never finished it because there wasn't really a lot of interest. Or maybe I posted it in the wrong thread : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1017787#post1017787 (read from that post onwards).
It's fairly easy for me to finish it, if that's what you were looking for.

Yes please. Not sure if it's already there but please add a list of racers currently on the server too
Yes, Victor, it will be pretty useful for me and my tem website too.
alright. I think the only thing I had to do left is create some form of default look.
Or perhaps I should keep it like this - in the end you can give me a css file anyway, so you can make the info fit the looks of your page. So check the css file of that page and adapt it to your needs, then give it to me and I'll make it work for you.
(perhaps this can help you as well https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60 for inline css editing or google for something similar if you don't use firefox)

OldBloke - users are listed, just find a host with people on it
gotta add the ^3 etc code to the url... that's what i had to do.
Quote from bunder9999 :gotta add the ^3 etc code to the url... that's what i had to do.

Ah. Of course. Apologies
Could you please make the CSS so the host name is always in black colour?
Ey victor,

i am also using the code you made on our website, i only have a little problem with it.

because we are using a white coloured name it shows white on that page, but the back ground is also white,

is there anychance that we can have a ?c=black or ?c=1
what will mean that the host name is black.

Greats,

Reint Jan
Quote from Flame CZE :Could you please make the CSS so the host name is always in black colour?

but my webpage is black, wouldn't that make it invisible?

edit:

Quote :is there anychance that we can have a ?c=black or ?c=1

i like that sort of option better...
Quote from bunder9999 :but my webpage is black, wouldn't that make it invisible?

my solution would work for you
Quote from bunder9999 :but my webpage is black, wouldn't that make it invisible?

He said he could make several CSS sheets, didn't he?
Quote from Victor :Or perhaps I should keep it like this - in the end you can give me a css file anyway, so you can make the info fit the looks of your page. So check the css file of that page and adapt it to your needs, then give it to me and I'll make it work for you.

yeah, but i'm too much of a noob to use css. as long as he doesn't change the default i'm happy...
Quote from Flame CZE :He said he could make several CSS sheets, didn't he?

i am afraid i cant set this up in the css.

because he first look at css after that at special addons,

<div class="HostName"><FONT COLOR="#FFFFFF">Concept Racing Public</FONT></div>

ass you can see the <FONT COLOR="#FFFFFF"> is a special addon here.
Good job Victor, now I'm using it on my team website, thanks!
ok I've added the &c option for alternate hostname colours (but taking out the actual host colouring).
&c=1 for black
&c=2 for white
&c=3 for grey
&c=4 for blue

if you need another colour, just let me know

Additionally you don't need to include the colour tags in the host name anymore to use this.
Thanks, it's useful
Quote from Victor :ok I've added the &c option for alternate hostname colours (but taking out the actual host colouring).
&c=1 for black
&c=2 for white
&c=3 for grey

if you need another colour, just let me know

Additionally you don't need to include the colour tags in the host name anymore to use this.

Very very nice,

Thanks A lot
Excellent. Many thanks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG