The online racing simulator
kicked or banned unfairly ?
(22 posts, started )
Im sick to death of drivers voting to kick or ban then everyone else votes along with no idea of the circumstances.

Tonight I was banned from the French FBM server because a guy ["Light is Right"] lost control after he passed me, obviously thinking I had tapped him. Looking back at the replay its obvious there was no contact. He simply put the power down too early through the chicane.

This happens all to ofter with close racing for me, anybody else suffer the same problem ?
it's only a 24 hour ban, get over it and find another server not populated by idiots
I agree, some people do abuse their powers with banning people. it should rather be "type 2437196582357698310357 to kick/ban xxx"

Press 1 if you LOL'd. (0/6)
As mookie tells, it's only 24 hours, but I understand your frustration, bottering with people voting without knowing what they vote for.

Ultimately, if you can't wait 24 hours, send the replay and a discribtion to the leaders of the servers, asking them ot unban you.
I genuinely thought that this topic was going to be
Then call claims direct, no win no fee!
Quote from Devils lil Helper :I genuinely thought that this topic was going to be
Then call claims direct, no win no fee!

I thought it was going to be "turn to god and i'll call you a ****"!".

Anyway, a voteban will be 24 hours only, which is often a time to check out some other servers, perhaps you'll find a place you'll find a nice place you wouldn't have otherwise found!
#7 - 5haz
Sigh, nobody can spell Kick anymore.

We haven't heard their side of the story though, you were probrably doing something naughty, when somebody comes on here and created a thread like this, the truth seems to get 'twisted' slightly.
As I don't spend much or any time on servers where its relevant, I am wondering, does a replay show how many or who voted?

A replay normally clears up this kind of thing, OP you could send your replay to the server admins, it might help your case, or not.

SD.
This can be an annoying problem. I find that the person that hit me (it usually is that way round, trust me!) Votes and then everyone else just kinda presses 1 for the hell of it.

As people above say its only 24 hours and anyway there are plenty of servers without vote ban so you may as well use them.
Quote :As I don't spend much or any time on servers where its relevant, I am wondering, does a replay show how many or who voted?

Hi SD
Replays don't show voting actions, and yes replays speak louder than words.

To the OP
I'm no fan of people pressing 1 just for kicks, but for many its there only source of enjoyment in LFS, only trouble is when they use the Vote/ban system to try and remove a Genuine wrecker no one believes them Its called boywhocrieswolf syndrome
The likelihood of a person pressing 1 in a kick/back vote directly relates not to the incident or person which the vote is about, but to the general 'adrenaline/frustration' level of all the other racers.

If the server is busy and there are accidents aplenty (as is common in a pickup sim race) then people will press 1.

I tend to ignore kick/ban votes these days, they serve no purpose. I will only vote if I have personally witnessed the driver doing something wrong.
Quote from JohnPenn :Hi SD
Replays don't show voting actions, and yes replays speak louder than words.

Are you serious? Everyone knows that in race chat can be seen in replays.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Are you serious? Everyone knows that in race chat can be seen in replays.

Are you? Replays never showed who pressed 1 to vote or not.
i agree with the first poster.

i was voted to be kicked by this guy, and someone joined in just because "the kicker was his friend".

anyone noticed the demise in quality of racing this week? and the increase of idiot kicking/banning? (halfterm)

no offence meant to all of our younger but sensible racers, but some are just absolute idiots.
Life isn't fair. Sometimes it kicks you in the head, sometimes only from a LFS server.
Quote from aptitudex :Im sick to death of drivers voting to kick or ban then everyone else votes along with no idea of the circumstances.

Tonight I was banned from the French FBM server because a guy ["Light is Right"] lost control after he passed me, obviously thinking I had tapped him. Looking back at the replay its obvious there was no contact. He simply put the power down too early through the chicane.

This happens all to ofter with close racing for me, anybody else suffer the same problem ?

One thing that may be a factor is that you're in Australia racing on a server in France.

Hence the potential for a lag hit is much greater. While your replay may not show it, his replay may show you tagging him simply because of a lag spike.

The fact that it seems to happen every time you get close to another driver might show that, according to their systems, you are hitting them.

Of course this doesn't solve the vote baaaaaaaaan issue of people hitting 1, but it may encourage you to take the ping time and lag into account when racing on European servers and leave as much room as possible.
Wouldnt it be nice to have the luxury of a full time admin to watch over proceedings with only that admin having kick / ban rights ...

It would be interesting to know how many of these kick / ban idiots are only DEMO racers as it mainly happens on FBM servers.

Anyways, I've now signed on with Asphalt Warriors, a friendly bunch of racers who don't kick/ban for the hell of it.
Already I've had to unban 2 people who were wrongly vote banned on the NDR server. And tbh on both occasions it was more the fault of the voter than the votee.

And when I said to everybody the other day "Can everyone who voted to ban <whoever it was> please tell me what that driver did wrong?" I got silence.

Although on that occasion it was a rightful ban.
All you have to do is exaggerate the incident and 70% of people will press 1 easily. It should be like press "345624764785" as Furiously-Fast just said above. Make it a suggestion?
Quote from J@tko :Already I've had to unban 2 people who were wrongly vote banned on the NDR server. And tbh on both occasions it was more the fault of the voter than the votee.

And those were only the drivers who bothered to protest it, I guess.

I'm sure there are many who just sit out the 24 hours and come back then.
I would sugest a system where only 1 person is able to vote to kick/ban per incident and a running count is kept. If the person is a real problem racer, they will get voted out over time. This would protect those who make one off mistakes and those who are innocent.

The ban penalty would need to therefore, be more substantial.
Happens in so many games its a joke, Play COD WAW and you can be kicked for jumping up and down to avoid being shot?

Great idea in concept being able to kick idiots, but it always ends up being abused.

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG