The online racing simulator
Tokyo Xtreme Racer series
(10 posts, started )
Just wondering if there is any fan base of this series. Whether it's the original TXR series or the Drift series, which are pretty much completely different.
MEEE!!!! tokyo racer 0,2,3. love these games . physics take getting used to but its great fun!
When I was younger, Shotokou Battle Zero (that's Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero for you North Americans) was probably one of the most addicting games I ever played.

Now I wonder why.
#4 - senn
I have Import Tuner challenge on 360. This game would be awesome with a cockpit that isn't 2d (i think i'd had enough of that with my commodore 64)
and decent physics.

Otherwise not too bad, but the repetitiveness, unreal physics REALLY let this series down, otherwise i'd love to be driving souped up rides on freeways thru traffic, with no consequences...
if you want better physics you should try drift 2 which was an attempt at being a touge simulator, with an arcade feel which was just a lot of fun.
not LFS quality physics but still awesome, and probably best on console so far since it was the only thing that managed to capture proper braking, unstable feeling, gravity changes with handling with elevation, etc. and having a drift mode, realistic touge tracks and a storyline is awesome. Want more awesomeness, the turn off headlights, flash high beem tricks actually work on the AI in this game. If it had multiplayer it would be really fun doing that to opponents.

the shoutoku series is awesome too but in a different way. driving thru traffic and flashing headlights. TXR3 just had the best AI in a console racer and the water/oil temperature gages are something that no simulator has included. It actually had better physics than GT4 which called itself a real life simulator too, since braking mid corners get your cars sliding, and countersteer properly to avoid it, and you can't go over 150mph easily.
#6 - senn
Quote from rotarydream :TXR3 just had the best AI in a console racer and the water/oil temperature gages are something that no simulator has included.

GTR Evo simulates both of those, altho obviously not on console, same with rfactor. GTR evo also simulates Oil pressure, and i belive fuel pressure, brake temps, and of course tyre temps (yes i'm aware rfactor and gtr evo share phys engine)
no1 else?
I played the third one. I loved that game. I still wish I had it. Should I go buy it again? On the game, I had a Viper and a Ford GT. I didn't know anything on tuning though, so I accidently made them really slow. oops
sure you should get it again if you enjoy it, or you can try txr0, or txrd2 if you like touge.

they are pretty cheap now since you can usually get them used for 5-15 each.

Not to mention that I played them more than any other games, and playing TXRD2 seems to be the best training for driving similators.
Quote from rotarydream :Just wondering if there is any fan base of this series. Whether it's the original TXR series or the Drift series, which are pretty much completely different.

me...

ive them all beaten...

Any help needed just ask

im the 999,999,999Cr. man ...

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG