The online racing simulator
Insim Help - how to save
(19 posts, started )
Insim Help - how to save
Hey all, i need help, i didnt want to bug everyone for a cruise insim, so i started to learn on my own, and so i got a base insim from here, and i got it running etc

anyway, i start modifying the code, fixing commands etc

but when i save, it doent change ANYTHING, do i need to recompile somehow? i restart the insim, and it didnt do anything, so i look back into the code, and my changes are stil there,\

sorry if this is a nooby mistake, but im trying to learn instead of begging :P
First, what u trying to save ?!
Yes, if you edit any of the code you will have to recompile the source.
exactly, how do i recompile the code? in visual basics i dont see an option?
It depends what IDE you're using. If it's Visual Studio you can go to Build > Build Solution. The compiled code will be in the bin\releases directory.
Or try Debug pressing F5 (Need server online)
i dont see a build option, am i blind or what? can u post a quick screenshot?
#8 - Silox
Well.. There is something you have to know:
In an Visual Studio IDE, you have 2 options:
OR you test your program, using F5. This saves your project in a map called Debug, somewhere in your main folder (where the .sln is too)
At this way, you can test your programmes and the IDE will give a nice error where a bug is, ...

OR you can build your solution, which saves your solution in a map called... (What is the name again?)

Screenshot @ http://www.its.niu.edu/its/www ... ges/buildSolutionHtml.gif

This is from an webfile, but the method is the same...

I suggest you keep on scripting and coding until it's really finished. (So use the debug function)
OHHH ok, i got express edition, ill get the IDE edition then must have a copy lying around ^^
ok, im being a total noob, i got visual studio 2008 and i still dont have a build or debug option, only a save option, what am i doing wrong???
The Express Editions and the full Visual Studio IDE are practically identical, in respect to the build options anyway. Maybe you should attach a screenshot of what your IDE looks like.
DOH! thanks! u just saved me a few months of research :P
still no build menu, what am i doing wrong? i got the c# version, and i ctill cant build it
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vcsharp/

theres the link if you have that one already press f6 that will build and then go to debug and debug it and then stop the debug thats how i do it.

and i know that works
Quote from motomandd :still no build menu, what am i doing wrong? i got the c# version, and i ctill cant build it

Are you opening the SLN file, or just one of the .cs files? You need to open the SLN, and you should get a "Build" option on the toolbar (see pic). Hope that helps
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
yeah, i found that out a minute b4 i saw ur reply :P
F2 Cruise InSim
Ok, so i got the F2 Cruise insim, but i can't find any .sln file, in what folder is it?
Please answer as quick as possible. I can give you a link if needed

Insim Help - how to save
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG