The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
NDR Public Racing - OPEN NOW
OH NOEZ - NOT THOSE NDR GUYS AGAIN!
I was going to make this later in the week, but I've just gone to the list of hosts and all I can find is Cruise/Drift/GTR@AS2/DD/Demo.

A few weeks ago [probably whilst reading one of Zeug's endless rants about the lack of online TBO racing, and after watching Mike's 2008 vid] I thought it might be a good idea to have a "NDR TBO Week" in the summer, where our server was open to the public for lots of awesome TBO racing, just like that great BTCC server of last year. However, after the events of the past few days over at CTRA, and the fact it's Half-Term for most British Schools this week, and the stuff in blue at the top, we've decided to uber-bump it up to now.

We have done some testing over the past few days with EQ Worry's Airio System, and we find it provides our server with the exact things that we need.

For the next few days, we wish to test the system to see what we need to change and what things we need to get rid of. Our ultimate goal is to probably have a different car class each week, and use the points system within Airio to give us weekly winners. It's not open yet, because Deko has requested that we wait until after the oneGP race tomorrow to start this up.

For the moment, we are using the TBO class, and tracks will be rotated every hour or so, with roughly 8-10 min races. We hope that an admin will be there for most of the time so please direct anything to them. Joe is creating a report form for our website; I'll post that here when its complete.

EDIT: http://newdimensionracing.synt ... com/ndr-public-racing.php

Oh and also, with the number of events that we also hold on our server, the server will be closed [read "passworded"] from between 30-60 mins before the event and around 20 mins after the event.

EDIT: Our server is now up and running and waiting for you!!

We hope that our it provides you with what we think are the 3 things a server needs:
  • Good Racing
  • Friendly Atmosphere
  • Friendly Admins
If you wish to ask any quetions, have suggestions or any bugs then please inform an admin on server or make a post here.

The Server is called "NDR|Public Racing"

Persistent Swearing and Wrecking will not be tolerated and will probably result in a ban.

Please feel free to drop by our vent server (kindly provided by our friends at Fragmaster); the host name is "vt.fragmaster.net" and the port is "3922". You'll find us in the "NDR" Room. And don't worry if you forget these details - I'll spam them in the server for you

Best Wishes - hope to see you racing soon!

J@tko.

PS Track List: (all + reverse) BL1 FE1 FE2 FE3 SO1 SO4 SO5 SO6 AS1 AS2 AS3 AS7 KY2 [KY3] [WE1]

PPS: We've put a 3% restriction on the FXO
nice one Jack
Wow, finally a tbo server again.
Hope itll run for bit longer than a week
Im interested
#6 - VoiD
Good news, nice to hear that.
#7 - Bean0
Nice one, but don't restrict the FXO
That could be interresting.
Quote from Bean0 :Nice one, but don't restrict the FXO

it would be too fast unrestricted.
Nice one! Will be there for sure, I remember the BTCC server from last year, had some nice racing over there also.
Please do restrict the TBO.

Edit: FXO
Yes!!!
#13 - 5haz
Very cool beans.

Now I wont be stuck on either banger racing or FBM demo crash racing.

And AIRIO rocks.
Although I am/was a passionate FXO driver, I would say restricting the FXO is a good idea. But your choice, guys. I'm looking forward to this one.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Although I am/was a passionate FXO driver, I would say restricting the FXO is a good idea. But your choice, guys. I'm looking forward to this one.

What about a poll?
Great news! Good initiative. Should help fill the gap after CTRA.
Quote from zeugnimod :What about a poll?

Polls are overrated. I trust NDR not to 'epic fail' too much with this server.
Yaay! Good luck NDR guys, if this is as good as your leagues I'll be visiting often!
OP Updated with link: http://newdimensionracing.synt ... com/ndr-public-racing.php

EDIT: Oh and also, with the number of events that we also hold on our server, the server will be closed [read "passworded"] from between 30-60 mins before the event and around 20 mins after the event.
Polls for things like this make people feel like they have power over the server admins whereas, in reality, most of these people shouldn't have any power over anything!

Run it as a dictatorship and nothing can go wrong, apart from your server being empty.
Notice how I wrote that last part in the imperative mood - I now have power over NDR, muahahahahaha
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Polls for things like this make people feel like they have power over the server admins whereas, in reality, most of these people shouldn't have any power over anything!

Run it as a dictatorship and nothing can go wrong, apart from your server being empty.
Notice how I wrote that last part in the imperative mood - I now have power over NDR, muahahahahaha

polls are for strippers

ok fire up the server i'm ready....
I'm really looking forward to it! At least one non-DD, non-lame TBO server I hope. Good luck!
I love NDR

NDR Public Racing - OPEN NOW
(353 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG