The online racing simulator
Quote from ryan461 :No go. I think the problem is that the gas pedal works the break. since when i press it the red break bar moves. the green bar moves all the way when i set throttle to invert 1. i cant controll the throttle. the brake pedal doesnt do anything right now.

How can i reassign the gt pedals to the gas and brake?

Ryan,

I think will help you out.

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options#Wheel.2FJoystick

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options#Setting_up_the_wheel

#3 in the second like is what I believe will help you. But, please read from the start of the section for controllers. This will give you a better idea of what is going on.

Jay
Quote from ryan461 :Thanks Jay, that was the problem.

Glad I could help Ryan. I think you will really enjoy LFS.

Make sure to do this: I found with the New Official DF GT drivers this works better then the odd config I used before.

Quote from Toddshooter :Just an FYI for you. You should set your Force to 101% in the profiler.
And everything else to 0%

Quote from Toddshooter :Just an FYI for you. You should set your Force to 101% in the profiler.
And everything else to 0%

Hope you have fun.
I changed from DFP to DFGT today. But now I have the problem that WinXP always recognises the wheel as DFP.

I uninstalled everything before updating Profiler to 5.04, I cleaned up the registry keys with CCleaner, but no chance till now.
(I tried different USB-Slots)

Is there anybody who had same issues?

I mean the wheel works properly, but I miss using the new buttons! I only can use the old buttons I used with the DFP.

I have no ideas left now... do I have to uninstall USB-Driver stuff first?

BTW: when I go to windows settings I see the good old DFP picture, this is not like it should be, right? There is a different picture for DFGT?
Quote from Zimmi :I changed from DFP to DFGT today. But now I have the problem that WinXP always recognises the wheel as DFP.

I uninstalled everything before updating Profiler to 5.04, I cleaned up the registry keys with CCleaner, but no chance till now.
(I tried different USB-Slots)

Is there anybody who had same issues?

I mean the wheel works properly, but I miss using the new buttons! I only can use the old buttons I used with the DFP.

I have no ideas left now... do I have to uninstall USB-Driver stuff first?

BTW: when I go to windows settings I see the good old DFP picture, this is not like it should be, right? There is a different picture for DFGT?

Go to logitech site they have new drivers sthere that should recondnize the DFGT as a DFGT and you can map al the buttons then
#31 - msk
Maybe unplug DFGT, uninstall profiler, reboot, install profiler 5.04 and plug the wheel? For me it worked, but i haven't problem like your, after uninstalling 5.02 and installing 5.04 wheel was correctly recognised as DFGT.
And there is different picture for DFGT.
@msk: thanks for the "picture"-answer, this helps me a lot the see if installation worked correctly. But still the same issue...

@Chrisuu01: nope! This I did, one can download version 5.04 there. This is the latest version, supporting DFGT!
Finally I have it.

1. unplug wheel
2. uninstall from control panel
3. go to program Files/Common Files/Logitech and remove the WMD drivers. (this ensures all previous version drivers are removed)
4.reboot
5. install 5.04
6. plug in wheel
Quote from Zimmi :Finally I have it.

1. unplug wheel
2. uninstall from control panel
3. go to program Files/Common Files/Logitech and remove the WMD drivers. (this ensures all previous version drivers are removed)
4.reboot
5. install 5.04
6. plug in wheel

See it worked have fun
Quote from Chrisuu01 :See it worked have fun

it worked for me.......many thanks!

one question.....

how do you designate the red scroll wheel to work in game to adjust brake balance?

ive got a button to work for the F11 key and the inner black button is my "return" key, but im buggered if i know how to make the red bit work?
You have to create two keystrokes for the LEFT and RIGHT keyboard keys and then assign the left keystroke to counterclockwise turn and, obviously , the right keystroke to the clockwise turn. I would also suggest to assign the up and down rocker to UP and DOWN on the keyboard, this way you can navigate the brake balance and pit instructions menus.
Good racing!
a big thankyou to you!

where i was going wrong was reading the red switchable controller as just ONE button, but its two. (17 and 18 if i remember correctly)

again thankyou

i was getting so frustrated not being able to suss it out, it felt like old age was getting a grip on me!

Quote from jbirdaspec :Glad I could help Ryan. I think you will really enjoy LFS.

He does, check his license status
just a quick question guys, i mate of mine bought at logitech dfgt and downloaded the profiler, but we cant seem to get his pedals working ingame. Any help please?
If the pedals work in other games it is possible that you modified the lfs settings. Try reading previous posts on this thread or redownloading a fresh lfs install.
#42 - vane
So many buttons!!!
Quote from vane :So many buttons!!!

Uhmmm...lemme guess...Just bought one ??
just a question, is the GTs FFB more comparebale to the G25s or DFPs? I think about buying one, DFPs is so slowww on 720° compared to the G25 :detective.
Everyone says DFGT's FFB is way better than the old DFP, but I never owned a DFP...
I own a DFP and my friend has a G25. Their is a big difference. For example, my friend, who is really good drifting the LX6, is absolutly unable to do it on my wheel, he says he's unable to react quick enough, the wheel is too slow, and so to say his tryings sounded deadly to the wheel(101% strength in driver, 45% ingame), even so it still works now

I tried his G25, it feels way diffrent, smoother, I mean on the DFP I feel every tooth of the gear wheel even on 720°
#47 - vane
DFGT is a lot more quieter than the DFP

BTW, i am making an interface program for the scroll wheel and the information about it can be found here:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=58587
Aswell as a little sample program!!!
I have downloaded the software for my driving force gt but how can I set the wheel to 900° of rotation ?
Go to the Logitech profiler and set the degrees of rotation to 900. Then in LFS set it to 720 degrees. Should work.
i have Logitech Profiles 5.08 but my horn button doesnt work. when i open my logitech profile i see DFP, not DFGT. HELP

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG