The online racing simulator
Logitech Driving Force GT PC drivers
Heh, about time Logitech bothered!

Now those DFGT users have all those twiddly buttons to use..
YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sweet!! Nice I've been waiting forever it seems Can't wait to use my horn button
About damn time, I am so happy I can finaly use my horn button

joking aside it realy is about damn time. I can't wait to start using all the cool controlls.

I'm going to write a new review on this wheel soon, probably just after I install the new drivers and test them.
I installed the new drivers last night and I really like them so far. To me the feedback feels 3x more crisp and has excellent feel. I thought the regular DFP drivers were fine, but having the increased feedback is a real treat. The buttons are a plus too. And I too for some reason set the horn button first. The up/down and left/right dial is a great feature. I bound them to arrow keys. Perfect for pit strat and live anit-roll/brake settings. Though, the dial feels a bit cheap and doesn't respond like I would want it too. Better then having it do nothing.

Good driver set IMO.

Jay Odom
The (kind'a) bad
Does anyone hear a new sound form inside the wheel? Is like a new gear has been engaged. Kind of annoying at first.

Also a new thing i noticed is that when i restart my pc the wheel tries to center itself without going lock to lock, the problem is that it is off by 1 or 2 degrees and i have to unplug the usb. No a big deal really.

The red thingy is really cheap on mine too.

Shame you cannot assign the ps, start and select buttons in the profiler, good thing it works ingame.

Little bit dissapointed about not beeing able to change the degree of rotation in LFS, i have to exit LFS and change the general controller option. I thot this would will be resolved with pc driverrs.

The good
The feeling is much smoother, is like having a new wheel. The term progressive force feedback comes into mind for some reason
Yes!!!!!!!!! finaly now al the buttons on my wheel are usable now I have my GT logo horn.
and even brake balace on tehw eel
Quote from pigmeu :The (kind'a) bad
Does anyone hear a new sound form inside the wheel? Is like a new gear has been engaged. Kind of annoying at first.

Also a new thing i noticed is that when i restart my pc the wheel tries to center itself without going lock to lock, the problem is that it is off by 1 or 2 degrees and i have to unplug the usb. No a big deal really.

The red thingy is really cheap on mine too.

Shame you cannot assign the ps, start and select buttons in the profiler, good thing it works ingame.

Little bit dissapointed about not beeing able to change the degree of rotation in LFS, i have to exit LFS and change the general controller option. I thot this would will be resolved with pc driverrs.

The good
The feeling is much smoother, is like having a new wheel. The term progressive force feedback comes into mind for some reason

Hmmmm I was able to assign the "PS" button. It is now my ignition.
Quote from Toddshooter :Hmmmm I was able to assign the "PS" button. It is now my ignition.

As was I. I wonder if he meant from the Logitech Profiler??

I have so many buttons now, I don't even know what I set that one to do.

Jay
I guess in some time we'll all have our personal "complex" DFGT files. It could be fun and interesting to share some ideas about how to program it.
I do have a question about the Red wheel thingy Has anyone assigned it yet? And if yes, what as?
Quote from Toddshooter :I do have a question about the Red wheel thingy Has anyone assigned it yet? And if yes, what as?

Yes. Live settings for the Brake Balance and anti rollbars.
I was talking about not being able to assign those buttons commands/keystrokes in the Logitech Profiler. The buttons work just fine in the game.

I too have set the live brake balance on the red dial, too bad i'm not that advanced in my driving technique to use it

I wonder what are the best settings for the wheel now. Are the old DFP settings still the best ones. (force to 100% and the rest set to 0%)?
So now that the official drivers are out, are there any differences between using the official and the wingman drivers?
Quote from Toddshooter :I do have a question about the Red wheel thingy Has anyone assigned it yet? And if yes, what as?

Same as the american guy with the weird username

And the big GT logo is my horn:P
Quote from pigmeu :I was talking about not being able to assign those buttons commands/keystrokes in the Logitech Profiler. The buttons work just fine in the game.

I too have set the live brake balance on the red dial, too bad i'm not that advanced in my driving technique to use it

I wonder what are the best settings for the wheel now. Are the old DFP settings still the best ones. (force to 100% and the rest set to 0%)?

Just an FYI for you. You should set your Force to 101% in the profiler.
And everything else to 0%
Sry, i meant 101%, but is it still true? The wheel feels different now, so i wonder if this change affects the 101% recommended setting.
Can we now squeeze more performance/feel form this wheel?
Hey guys, I got the lfs demo to try with the driving force gt wheel i just got
(for gtp5). I'm having trouble getting the pedals to work properly. On inverse 0/1 they would either be 100% on or 0%. When i installed the driver, they would sense different applications of force. Was wondering what settings you guys use.
Quote from ryan461 :Hey guys, I got the lfs demo to try with the driving force gt wheel i just got
(for gtp5). I'm having trouble getting the pedals to work properly. On inverse 0/1 they would either be 100% on or 0%. When i installed the driver, they would sense different applications of force. Was wondering what settings you guys use.

I have this wheel as well. Great wheel for the money.

I'm not following what you are saying. Maybe you need to calibrate the pedals in the Controllers menu under axis?
Quote from jbirdaspec :I have this wheel as well. Great wheel for the money.

I'm not following what you are saying. Maybe you need to calibrate the pedals in the Controllers menu under axis?

Well in the calibrate section. I can see the blue meters on the right move as i press them. And in the same section there is controls for the axis'. You can set them to invert 1 or 0. One of those the pedal acts like it is pressed all the way down. The other seting pressing it does nothing.
Quote from ryan461 :Well in the calibrate section. I can see the blue meters on the right move as i press them. And in the same section there is controls for the axis'. You can set them to invert 1 or 0. One of those the pedal acts like it is pressed all the way down. The other seting pressing it does nothing.

Ok. I think you want them at invert 1 for both pedals. 0 for steer. Also make sure you don't have Combined pedal Axis selected in the top of the menu Thottle /Brake Axes.

Let me know how that works out for you.
Quote from jbirdaspec :Ok. I think you want them at invert 1 for both pedals. 0 for steer. Also make sure you don't have Combined pedal Axis selected in the top of the menu Thottle /Brake Axes.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Went into my lfs settings and they were left as this. I could hear the throttle full out, so brake was maxed as well. When I push my gas the red bar at the bottom right moves. Green just stays full. When pushing break, no colour bar.
There are some options to calibrate the wheel in lfs, if you messed with them it might result in what you described.

Control > axes/FF > recalibrate axes.

If i remember correctly how it works, you should click "unlock" and then push recalibrate axes, then push your pedals all the way and release.
Also be sure to run the logitech profiler before you run lfs, i had some issues when i started lfs first.
No go. I think the problem is that the gas pedal works the break. since when i press it the red break bar moves. the green bar moves all the way when i set throttle to invert 1. i cant controll the throttle. the brake pedal doesnt do anything right now.

How can i reassign the gt pedals to the gas and brake?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG