The online racing simulator
Dance Island 2009. July 4th, Cambridgeshire.
(34 posts, started )
Dance Island 2009. July 4th, Cambridgeshire.
Just wondering if anybody had heard about it, or went to last years event.

I have just bought tickets for this so i will be raving with the best of em!

The line up is looking good so far, although there isn't too many acts confirmed yet as it isn't until july. Last year's one was absolutely epic so i'm told, but i unfortunately missed that one due to lack of money as i had just blown my car up 2 days before.

What made it even worse was that it was held less that 3 miles from my mum and dads house, i could literally see the party going off in style from the back garden but couldn't go to it.

Luckily, its in the same place again this year, and now i have moved, its only just over a mile away from where i am now.

If anyone is thinking of going, last years full line up can be found here , just to give you an idea of what to expect.

So, any other ravers out there??
#2 - J@tko
Well I've never heard of anyone from this year or last year, so I don't think I'll be going :P Even if cambridge is just down the road
one of my mates is going to HTID in the sun
so jealous

That so called line-up is pretty shit to be honest

i'd spend most of my time in the something born ravers area..

hixxy
dougal
gammer
styles
breeze
kevenergy
SY
squad e
recon

combined with MC storm and whizzkid
+1 to not having heard of any of them, but then that's to be expected from something of a metalhead.
Quote from Klutch :one of my mates is going to HTID in the sun
so jealous

hixxy
dougal
gammer
styles
breeze
kevenergy
SY
squad e
recon

Yer but tbh no-one here gives a shit about the rave stuff you listen to.

Not going to this, but will be going to Dance Nation for a bit of a laugh.
Quote from Klutch :That so called line-up is pretty shit to be honest

You're such a little ray of sunshine.
Quote from Klutch :one of my mates is going to HTID in the sun
so jealous

hixxy
dougal
gammer
styles
breeze
kevenergy
SY
squad e
recon

If they have anything like this rave lineup this year then thats where i will be as well!
will you be dancing like you were in the youtube video
Like this???

Quite possibly!!

It does really depend what they play though, as i dont really like this new hardcore stuff, its a bit too heavy and hard house like for me, this is the proper stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ01xL9VkZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7bn84snX5o (not the best mixing i have ever done in this one)

On a side note, i will finally be getting my good old 12/10's set back up this weekend, i need to practice so badly!
Quote from pb32000 :Yer but tbh no-one here gives a shit about the rave stuff you listen to.

Uhm, i didnt post this thread
So someone else gives a shit :s

Quote from danthebangerboy :If they have anything like this rave lineup this year then thats where i will be as well!

Indeed

Don't get me wrong, its definatly a banging line-up (Well..that arena is anyway) we're lucky to maybe get any international acts at raves here. Suae/S3rl/Weaver is about as far as the big names go.

We have Promo(dirty gabber, woo!) coming down soonish, but thats a first in a long while...

HTID blows any event out of the water though
Wow, that looks awesome. Hardcore arena looks like it'll be superb. Will be stealing Kev Energy's badger puppet and 'aving it

2 weeks before my birthday... methinks I'll be there! Best start getting on the blag

Klutch, pal of mine is playing in Sydney, dude called Technikal. If you're anywhere near there, I really suggest you check him out as he's pretty damn good. Although you'd only agree if you're into the UK hard trance sound
Not trying to burst your bubble or anything, but you do realise that the lineup in my second link is from last years event. I posted it to give an idea of what to expect.
BIIG bump for this one, but, the full line-up for this has been announced, not far away now!

Quote :
Kiss 105-108FM Outdoor Stage

Chicane (Live)
Pendulum (DJ Set & MC Jakes)
The Shapeshifters
Steve Smart
Nikki Elise
Chappers

BIG Vs. Tidy

Lab 4 (Live)
Public Domain (Live)
Dave Pearce (BBC Radio 6)
Marcel Woods
Scot Project
BK
Andy Farley b2b Paul Glazby
Yomanda
Big Ben
Tidy DJs
Garbo
Dan Stone
Paul Wilkerson
Dave Horne

Koolwaters Vs Boomslang

Utah Saints
Plump DJs
Chris Lake
Danny Rampling
Micky Slim
Marc Vedo
The BeatThiefs
Mr B
Priory DJs
Stuart Banks

Natural Born Ravers Vs Disciples of Hardcore

Nu Energy Collective vs Kaotik - (Live PA, Featuring Kev Energy, K complex plus MC Odyssey and Sharkey the 'Digital MCs')
DJ Sy & Dougal
DJ Breeze (Live)
Gammer & Chris Unknown
Supreme
Squad E
Bubble
Sam Eeles
SHM
Insane and Mind
Last of the Mohicans
Wisbech Rollers Crew
Himbo Jevirs and Meat
Ben Nican
MCs
Whizkidd
Storm
Enemy
Static
Oddessy
Smiley
Scotti B
Phima
Ballzee
Geus

Raindance Vs Epidemik

Altern8 (Live)
Jilted Generation (Live)
Ratpack
SL2 (Slipmatt & Lime)
Kutski (BBC Radio 1)
Nicky Blackmarket b2b Ray Keith (Blackmarket records showcase)
Dr S.Gashet b2b Darren Jay (AWOL Showcase)
Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
Kenny Ken
Swan E
DJ Unity
Jumpin Jack Frost
Vinyl Vera
Isotonik Crew
DJ Vibes & Live Lee Showcase
Jasons J & JC
Barrington & Concrete
MCs
Ice
3Flow
Charlie B
Moose

Mr Whippy Vs Roobarb

Pete Wardman
K90
Cally Cage
Sonic
Dave Austin
Mark Hughes
Bear
Wizard
Jester
Mr D
DJ Hogg
Jordan C
Tolous
Cypher

A few i havent heard of, but some big names in dance music there as well, plus 6 different stages/arenas to choose from.

I cant wait!!!!
Only familiar name there is Pendulum.
Quote from Bob Smith :+1 to not having heard of any of them, but then that's to be expected from something of a metalhead.

get a gf/misses as an excuse to drink 10+ pints, several redbulls and flail your body parts like an iron bar in a blender.

Great fun so it is.
#16 - Migz
Quote from pb32000 :Yer but tbh no-one here gives a shit about the rave stuff you listen to.

Not going to this, but will be going to Dance Nation for a bit of a laugh.

Acctually i do give a shit, as i also listen to hardcore music, which is what the majority of those artists do.
Not long now....

Details here

I cant fookin wait!!!!!!!

the only ones I've ever heard of off that list are Chicane and BK, and Pendulum is just a load of wank
Sy, dougal, breeze, gammer, unkown, supreme, squad e, mc whizzkid and mc storm

i likey.

you taking anything or sober?
I have been prescribed something for the event, an intravenous supply of beer!
Chicane, Pendulum, Utah Saints, Yomanda, Dave pearse, The shapeshifters! amazing stuff. especially Utah Saints. I was a bit let down by Pendulum at Isle of Wight, but it was still light .
Theres nothing wrong with hardcore DJ's like Hixxy, Dougal and Gammer and even Sy, but it's the MC'ing over the music that destroys it, you are split between insane melodies, cute lyrics and garish jabbering over it all. Doesn't work for me.
I see your point blueflame, some, well, most MC's are somewhat overpowering, but there is one MC/DJ act that have it in perfect harmony, vibes and livelee!!
Quote from danthebangerboy :I see your point blueflame, some, well, most MC's are somewhat overpowering, but there is one MC/DJ act that have it in perfect harmony, vibes and livelee!!

MC's are pointless, it's either freestyle rapping or it's hardcore dance, the two don't mix for me and whats more annoying is people singing along to the MC's lyrics when it's all "skibady bop an he he hereee we gooo" all the MC's rap about is basically doing drugs and being good mates, so stoners sitting in their rooms generally feel a bond to this music. Hardcore artists know their audience very well :P
Whizzkid and storm are some of the best MC's in hardcore i've ever heard

they know when to speak without ruining the song
and they know when to shut up
they know how to get the crowed pumped

MC's, if they know the songs well, provide a large roll in getting the crowed pumped and feelin good

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG