The online racing simulator
Finnish language strange translations
(57 posts, started )
Quote from hyntty :Since we're going on-topic (for a change), why is "hotlapping" "Ajo kelloa vastaan"?

Surely aika-ajo would suit the purpose as there is hardly a better word for it.

Is there a Txt file for chance that?
Quote from hyntty :Since we're going on-topic (for a change), why is "hotlapping" "Ajo kelloa vastaan"?

Surely aika-ajo would suit the purpose as there is hardly a better word for it.

Because hotlapping is "ajo kelloa vastaan", i.e. racing only against the clock. Aika-ajo means qualifying, i.e. determining the starting order of the race.

IMO.

Quote from manneF1 :Is there a Txt file for chance that?

Yes, there is a file to change it, [LFS dir]\data\language\Suomi.txt 13th, 14th and 808th row.
Quote from Krane :

Yes, there is a file to change it, [LFS dir]\data\language\Suomi.txt 13th, 14th and 808th row.

I see
Eikö teillä pojilla oo parempaa tekemistä kun vaan riidellä? NO EI TIETENKÄÄN!! :ices_rofl
Quote from Jonzu95 :Eikö teillä pojilla oo parempaa tekemistä kun vaan riidellä? NO EI TIETENKÄÄN!! :ices_rofl

I aint see any fighting...

And look at the upper posts, it would be better that all would speak English in this forum
-
(Jonzu95) DELETED by Jonzu95
Quote from Krane :Because hotlapping is "ajo kelloa vastaan", i.e. racing only against the clock. Aika-ajo means qualifying, i.e. determining the starting order of the race.

No, what you are describing is "time trial".

My point is, partly since Finnish is extremely rich in homonyms, to try and simplify the translation even though it might not literally correspond with the English equivalent.

Plus, though this is only me saying, it would be beneficial if the translation actually sounded like Finnish.
Miten olisi pojat vähän LFS? näyttää jo huolestuttavasti siltä että pojat kisailee pikemminkin hyvillä kommenteillaan kuin ajaa simulaattorilla kilpaa

Finnish language strange translations
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG