The online racing simulator
Where is my shots folder?
(10 posts, started )
I have taken about 20 CTRL + S shots and the folder isn't there!
Does anyone know how to fix this?
and will I have to take them all over again?
When I take a shot it says that it saved it, but there is no folder...
It is in [lfs directory]\data\shots

If it isn't there, create it and then take some shots.
I created the folder, took a bunch (about 20) shots and it says "data\shots\lfs_000000XX.bmp", but there is nothing in the folder
I have already tried unhiding hidden files and folders too.
#4 - J@tko
The folder should already be in there - theres no need to create it
Are you sure you're looking in the right LFS folder? (Not taking the p*ss or anything, it's happened me many a time with the amount of LFS installs I have...) If it's saving the shots it must be saving them somewhere. If you still can't find them, try doing a full PC search for the name of one of the saved files
Quote from goodboy735 :I have taken about 20 CTRL + S shots and the folder isn't there!
Does anyone know how to fix this?
and will I have to take them all over again?
When I take a shot it says that it saved it, but there is no folder...

Have you looked in the whole data folder? Have you accidentally applied the "hidden" attribute to it (that may be the reason why it doesn't appear)? Have you SEARCHED YOUR PC!??!?
If it was hidden he wouldn't have been able to create the new folder
I found it! I did a search everywhere and its saving them to D:\Users\[MY_USER_NAME_HERE]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\LFSz\data\shots (I have lfs installed to D:\Program Files\LFSz)
I thought maybe they were going into appdata somehow but why?
anyway, I'll just have to make a sortcut to there (Windows 7 maybe?).
thanks for the help! I never though of doing a search even though that is the ideal thing to do
#9 - amp88
Quote from goodboy735 :I found it! I did a search everywhere and its saving them to D:\Users\[MY_USER_NAME_HERE]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\LFSz\data\shots (I have lfs installed to D:\Program Files\LFSz)

The first time this happened to me I spend about 20 minutes trying to figure out exactly what had happened. It's one of the joys of Vista:

Quote from http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5538 :For example, take a legacy software application that attempts to write to a configuration INI file located in:

C:\Program Files\<application>\Setup.ini

Windows Vista automatically detects that you do not have permission to save to that location. Windows Vista then copies the file (if it already exists) to:

C:\Users\<your_account>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\<application>\Setup.ini

Windows Vista then allows the write operation to succeed at the new file in the VirtualStore folder. Subsequent read and write operations for that file will always use the file copy located in the VirtualStore folder. However, the application will continue to believe that it is accessing the Program Files directory (see Figure 4).

You'll be able to find more details by searching for VirtualStore on Vista.
Quote from amp88 :The first time this happened to me I spend about 20 minutes trying to figure out exactly what had happened. It's one of the joys of Vista:

[hmm, wont let me quote a quote]

You'll be able to find more details by searching for VirtualStore on Vista.

Ah, that explains it all, as Windows 7 is like vista with out all the bad stuff.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG