The online racing simulator
#1 - jgtc
[FZR] Nissan Motul Pitwork Z JGTC 2004
First of all, hi to everyone on the forums, I've just recently bought LFS S2 and it's a really awesome game so far. So, this is my WIP skin that I started not long ago (also my first skin ever), why did I choose this car? I'm a big Gran Turismo 4 fan, along with that Japanese cars, and JGTC (now SuperGT)- you can see from my name, and the Motul Z is probably my favorite car. I started the skin before I saw how many people have already skinned this particular car, which I kinda wasn't expecting, but that just serves as motivation to make your skin the best, right Got to have some competitive spirit... Anyways, I am working on this skin slowly, and I am really taking my time with details, as you'll see, because I am trying to replicate this car as best as possible...Since the FZR and the Fairlady are not 100% identical cars, I've had to make certain compromises which I am not happy about, but I try to do my best.

I skin in Adobe Illustrator, because it is much more flexible in the way that it works with vectors, and doesn't lose quality when scaling / moving (something I do several 1000 times a day) not to mention vinyl design and such which you need to re-adapt several times, and what I can not do in Illustrator I copy from Photoshop.

So, enough talk, here is the skin so far:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5066/motul1te6.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4610/motul2by9.jpg

Real car (big image!): http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5727/gt20042nd13jh4.jpg

I'll post more pictures of the other sides as they get done, it takes time as the vinyl is quite complex and actually it is the most difficult thing, pasting on and resizing sponsor logos is the least problem (well, maybe not, some of these logos you can't find online as they're of obscure Japanese tuning companies, so I had to make a few from scratch - PITWORK and Kiriu for example).

One thing I am definitely not bothering with is faking any parts of the aero kit, intakes, side exhausts and stuff like that which belongs in 3 dimensions and not 2, as it looks really fake and even if I could pull it off I think such stuff only ruins your skin. We're not making 3D models here.

Most important thing however, why this thread is here, for constructive criticism, so, all comments greatly appreciated!

Expect updates here and check back often
What a cool skin! looks realy great
Cool skin and a great 1st post!
In croatian: EBBRO, Kiriu, nissan z emblem i Fluent logo-i su ti razvučeni, napravi "kružni test": elipse tool+shift, da ispadne kružnica, i save-aj skin file, vidjet ćeš da su razvučeni..

inače, lijepo vidit još jednoga JGTC fana iz našeg predragog Fubarstana.
Looks great, mate, i'll definitely download the finished version
This is my favorite car at GranTurismo with Suzuka Circuit.
#7 - jgtc
Thanks for the comments. Keep checking back for updates

P.S. Hvala Thunderhead, vec sam popravio te logoe...Cini se da nije isti faktor razvlacenja na svim mjestima auta, vjerojatno najgora stvar su pragovi kraj vrata dolje, tekstura se skroz razvuce na gornjem dijelu ako recimo stavljas karbonsku ili tako nesto.

Cheers
#8 - FCS13
I think i can have all the logos from the side of the car in .ai

Send me a PM with the ones you're still missing and i'll see what i can do.

Nice work so far, i gotta finish my 2008 version.

#9 - jgtc
Update 1
#11 - jgtc
#12 - jgtc
Ok, for now I'm done with the side, I've done the roof ( I need some comments on this - whether it looks too small compared to the real version, I was trying to keep true to the angle and line it up well to the logos, unfortunately then I had to sacrifice some size ) and I've done a rough sketch of the hood vinyl, here's how the car looks ingame so far, post comments

Cheers
Attached images
motul.jpg
motul2.jpg
Im loving it looks realy well made
#14 - jgtc
Thanks!

Not an update per se, just thought I'd add a new pic of the car with the carbon fiber parts added...haven't had time the past 2 or 3 days to finish up the vinyls, I expect the rest of the car will be done by the end of the week though.
Attached images
eef9ecd409655f3eeb2342273d58f8fe2fe14db9.jpg
i really like this one, good job
#16 - jgtc
Hey all, unfortunately the past couple of days I've been having some really bad PC problems to the point that I just couldn't work on it anymore (Illustrator would crash every few minutes and I couldn't even output my file) I've had to reformat my C: drive and basically reinstall Windows and setup all of my software, drivers, etc. again...Hopefully I'll be able to get back on working on the skin in a day or so and finish it soon. Meanwhile, I did a little side project over on a friends PC - the Amuse CarbonR R34 skin for the XRR, it's pretty damn near being complete, and I'll release it probably alongside the FZR skin. A small preview http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/2639/r34xb7.jpg
#17 - jgtc
I took a bit of a (too long) break from LFS...and forgot about this skin..
Played LFS the other day and then I remembered I haven't finished this, now... Good news is, it's almost done. Almost. I'd say 99%. Just a few things to sort out, just make sure everything is symmetric. Release is this week, 100%

Screens:
Attached images
LFS 2009-06-01 12-43-59-68.jpg
LFS 2009-06-01 12-50-55-01.jpg
nice! can't wait for the finished skin
Amazing ! I love this one.
Great job !
#20 - jgtc
It's done, you can DL it in the "FZ Skins (All)" thread... Have fun

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG