The online racing simulator
setup in s2
(34 posts, started )
setup in s2
i want see in last version s2, more options in setup! like in s1
- maximum lock (in s1 was 45, now is 36)
- tracks in whells,
...and other setup options for s1 to s2
please it's better for drifters
thanks
You might have not noticed, but LFS is a RACING simulator. Drift is only a side effect :P

Racing uber alles!
45 degree lock is simply too unrealistic.
ok, but in lfs are more drifters... this guys like powersliding, so please remember it
45 degree is unrealistic - ok, but 40 is good
in lfs is drag track - so why don't come in setup more options for drifters?
#5 - Lible
Because driting isn't any good. Yes, you need some skill for that, but... what's the point?

There is really important things then giving drifters they're setup-options, get yourself a drifting sim (I'm pretty sure some exist?)

EDIT: LFS isn't a RACING simulator, it's an ONLINE simulator
if 40 is good, why are 36 degrees not good then...?

it's not that much difference
#7 - axus
Let me get this straight? In LFS there is a drag strip so they made it for drifters and they should go out of their way to make the game unrealistic so the drifters are happy? No. Go home.

Scawen has said he would increase steering lock for the cars only if someone showed him a real-life production car with a greater maximum lock. I think that's perfectly fair enough.
Considering all the suspension setup options there are in all the cars in LFS, none of them are even close to production cars. 45 degree lock isn't unrealistic either, it just has to be built in to the car aftermarket. Many real life drifters do this modification to their car to allow higher angles.

In my personal opinion, I think there would be no harm done having more than 36 degrees of lock in LFS. Since the suspension components have been "slightly" updated in the LFS "stock" cars, why not have the steering worked out also?

Another thing that would be nice to have is offset setting (like in S1).
While I don't think having 40+* lock would be a bad thing, I would like to see LESS setup options overall (at least on the road cars). The XR GT, GTT, FXO, etc shouldn't have infinitely adjustable suspension since similar real life cars don't. I'd like to see suspension changes limited to only a few different spring rates, rebound rates, final drive ratios, etc. These cars are meant to represent a mostly stock car and you just can't fine tune to the degree that the game currently lets you.

I don't see any harm in modeling an aftermarket steering setup (45* lock) just as we model aftermarket suspension components. But this stuff really does need to be reeled in from the way it currently is.
#10 - Vain
I back up Cue-Balls post. All semi-racers I know (who race in semi-professional leagues with race-prepped street cars) use nearly the same suspension for example. There is the street suspension and a finite amount of others, like a cup-version from the manufacturer and 1 or two other aftermarket-versions. This should be reflected in LFS.

Also this will make the process of making setups easier (of course only when the settings we get make sense, not like the default setups we have at the moment).

Vain
Nah, the settings shouldn't be more limited than what they are now. What fun would that be?

You could get parts to your average street car with some efforth to have similar setting possibilities than what we have in LFS. I think the devs should just go all out with the settings, give us more control! We don't want it to be EASIER (majority doesn't atleast).

What I really, really miss in the XRT for example, is having low and high speed compression settings for shocks. In real life, you get those settings in your average coilovers. Since the XRT suspension is already "built" to be very high-end, why not allow this setting?

My $0.02.
You might get that adjustment on your average coilovers, but:

it'll be a limited number of steps between 'full' and 'least' damping - say 8 steps, maybe 12.
it'll be a shitty damper if they've got adjustable damping on a cheap product, so avoid if you can, and only get adjustable dampers on quality expensive (£200 each AT LEAST) dampers
on cheaper dampers the adjustment isn't meant really for handling tuning, but as wear compensation.

So I think AT THE MOST the road cars should have 8 settings for damping which don't actually do much, and have no numbers next to them. But I think no adjustment is quite realistic
Quote from Matrixi :Considering all the suspension setup options there are in all the cars in LFS, none of them are even close to production cars. 45 degree lock isn't unrealistic either, it just has to be built in to the car aftermarket. Many real life drifters do this modification to their car to allow higher angles.

agreed but

Quote :In my personal opinion, I think there would be no harm done having more than 36 degrees of lock in LFS.

as long as most everybody has a 180° wheel on their desk and not a dfp in 720° mode all 45° of lock does is make coutersteering easier which basically makes the 180° "cheat" even worse
Proper average coilovers start from 1500€ and up. Sure you can get some cheap chinese knock-off replicas for cheaper, but no sane person would buy them.

It might actually be a good idea limiting the steps in the suspension settings, if one wants sheer realism. The infinite steps we have in our current setting system is something I don't even think is possible even in real life (perhaps in F1..).

But still, I wouldn't personally be supporting limiting any of the settings that we have now. All I want is freedom to make my setup as purrrfect as it just can be.
maybe this could somehow be implemented if we ever get fixed setups for cars ... so the server could force either a fixed setup or limited setup options

and lfs could finally claim its going down the nfs road with the ability to install a infinetly adjustable suspension
Quote from Shotglass :agreed but as long as most everybody has a 180° wheel on their desk and not a dfp in 720° mode all 45° of lock does is make coutersteering easier which basically makes the 180° "cheat" even worse

Using 720/900 degrees on DFP is everyones personal option. No one forces you to use it if you got DFP. Actually, using 720/900 mode is pretty pointless while drifting, since you will actually have to work with the steering a lot more than you would in a real car. And worst yet, you can not perform some moves with the DFP that you could with real car due to the turning rate slowness of the DFP electric motor. Currently I'm mostly using 540/270 degrees depending on my mood.

You can't say that people who are using 180/200/270° wheel would be "cheating" while comparing them to DFP users. What about people using mouses and gamepads? Are they cheating even more?
Oh shoot me, but I don't care much about setups, personally I would find it more fun, if all cars were the same, and it was all up to the drivers skill. Now it's always like, what setup would that guy have? He's so fast. Without all those setups it would be: wow, that's a good racer. Now you really don't know if he's a good racer, or he just has a perfect (maybe even cheated/exploited) setup? Especially for the road cars, I like to compare these races with a clio cup, or yaris cup, and the basic rule in those races is to all have the same car, that way it's more exciting.
Quote from Matrixi :Using 720/900 degrees on DFP is everyones personal option. No one forces you to use it if you got DFP. Actually, using 720/900 mode is pretty pointless while drifting, since you will actually have to work with the steering a lot more than you would in a real car. And worst yet, you can not perform some moves with the DFP that you could with real car due to the turning rate slowness of the DFP electric motor. Currently I'm mostly using 540/270 degrees depending on my mood.

You can't say that people who are using 180/200/270° wheel would be "cheating" while comparing them to DFP users. What about people using mouses and gamepads? Are they cheating even more?

well i did put it in quotation marks for a reason ... of course its no real cheat
but 180° really makes countersteering a lot easier than in a real car (same goes for mouse ... i use a copperhead at max sens so i can do some crazy coutersteers but four mouse drivers the digital input limitation makes up for this)
and more max lock obviously makes countersteering even easier than it already is with a 180° wheel so on that basis im against it ... not because its a cheat compared to my input settings (my wheel is always set to 720°) but you sort of cheat reality and the whole idea of lfs being a simulator
if in set u have 10*-45* lock is good:
always U can driving on 30* lock
45* lock > easier drifting > makes my happy
30* lock > more grip driving > makes U happy
good idea?
Quote from ponczak :if in set u have 10*-45* lock is good:
always U can driving on 30* lock
45* lock > easier drifting > makes my happy
30* lock > more grip driving > makes U happy
good idea?

For racing I drive with 16* lock and can even do it well with the min of 9* on most tracks except SO If you need more than 16* lock in racing you've made a serrious mistake
I wonder how the drifters will react when we'll (I hope so) have more limited road car setups. Goodbye drifting?

Quote from Shotglass :well i did put it in quotation marks for a reason ... of course its no real cheat
but 180° really makes countersteering a lot easier than in a real car (same goes for mouse ... i use a copperhead at max sens so i can do some crazy coutersteers but four mouse drivers the digital input limitation makes up for this)
and more max lock obviously makes countersteering even easier than it already is with a 180° wheel so on that basis im against it ... not because its a cheat compared to my input settings (my wheel is always set to 720°) but you sort of cheat reality and the whole idea of lfs being a simulator

Buy me a DFP so I can stop cheating...

No, seriously. The most ideal situation would be that EVERYONE had a 900 degree wheel, clutch pedal and a shifter. Why should I use the FFShifter that I made because I'm slower with it? It's a pity. Some certain things (like real clutch emulation) in sims is pointless to develope in the future because the fastest (at least easiest) way to drive is using 240 degree wheel / mode with DFP and no shifter or clutch.
Quote from deggis :Goodbye drifting?

yea... and goodbye a lot of lfs players [drifters]
illepall
please don't kill drift in lfs
Quote from deggis :I wonder how the drifters will react when we'll (I hope so) have more limited road car setups. Goodbye drifting?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but drifting won't end even if the setups would be limited

PS. What is it with you and all your anti-drift thing anyway? Some people enjoy racing, some enjoy drifting, some (like me) enjoy them both. No harm done? No need to bitch about it whenever the chance.
In my opinion setups should be even more limited than they are now, especially on the road cars. I am somewhat annoyed about the fact that some you can make 'unrealistic' setups which make cars like XFG and FXO behave weird, like oversteer under power etc.
I agree, the setups on road cars most definatly need do be limited.

setup in s2
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG