The online racing simulator

Poll : Which method do you use for sequential shifting in GTRs?

Wheel mounted paddles
Sequential "stick"
Paddle or stick sequential shifter (GTR)?
For those of you that don't have/use an H-gate shifter, but have the option of using either the wheel paddles or a sequential "stick" like on Logitech MOMO, which method do you use? And particularly with regard to the GTR cars (incl. FZR since you don't have a H-gate). I'm wondering because IRL GT cars have the stick shifter (i.e. http://farm1.static.flickr.com/81/282833809_7e0522cdee_o.jpg), so that's more "realistic", but to me the paddles are easier/quicker, since I can keep both hands on the wheel. I do use a clutch button with this setup for rev matching.

Edit: poll added. Got no skillz to make a pool, sorry
When I drive GTR I use my GTR sim.
Wich has a bigger wheel with a G25 Stick shifter. Modded to look exactly like that one on your picture. Feels alot better.
#3 - Byku
I use sequential "stick"! Btw. Make a poll
You can still use sequential stick with G25, sometimes when i feel like being authentic I change the H-gate to seq and use that.
Quote from Byku :Btw. Make a pool

I've always dreamed to have a pool in my house ...
I use wheel paddles.. because these are faster and easier to use . That sequential "stick" with g25 feels little bit wierd for me,
so i dont use it at all. Slower cars i try to use that H-shifter thought.
#7 - G!NhO
Quote from Vinnylegends :When I drive GTR I use my GTR sim.
Wich has a bigger wheel with a G25 Stick shifter. Modded to look exactly like that one on your picture. Feels alot better.

Pics please

i use paddles
Depends on my mood.

Sometimes I'll use the paddles, sometimes I'll use the seq. stick, sometimes I'll use the H-gate.

Even edited the .lfs scripts so I can switch over between control sets with ease
I'll use whatever is availible without complaint.
Using the paddles with anything but Formula cars just feels very awkward to me. Doesn't feel right
Yup, I use the stick too. I think we're in a minority though, even among G25 users
I use Paddle shifters, since that is all I have with the wheel.
FWIW, I'd like to be using the stick as well, but it's position on the MOMO block is just really inconvenient. I've been thinking about making a new 3 pedal set and probably a shifter (H-gate or sequential, haven't decided yet), so I'll probably switch over when/if that's completed.
Ok try getting in the top 6 of a decent FZR grid with a H-Pattern and manual clutch, it's damn near impossible.
yes all the really alien fast guys use the paddle shifters, h shift is just to slow
i like the feeling of sequental.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Ok try getting in the top 6 of a decent FZR grid with a H-Pattern and manual clutch, it's damn near impossible.

You can still use the sequential shifter, which is a deal more realistic than the paddle shifters.
Meh. I prefer paddles over the sequential G25 thing, partly because I tend to somehow get "4th", and partly because I can't be bothered twisting the thingy round.

Besides, flappy paddle or slappy stick, both do the same job and I'm sure some drivers have paddles because they're faster for them.
Although I prefer to use the stick on cars that would have it IRL I use the paddles for the simple reason that it's not possible to configure the stick on a G25 for both sequential and H-pattern in LFS.

UP and down operate the same switches as 1st and 2nd.

I am too lazy to change these settings when switching cars.
I prefer shifting with the stick. The Bf1 is the only car I use the paddles on. Mostly due to not having a clutch pedal atm..
I have a DFP, (stick+paddles) and I use the stick. A mixture of the paddles not being great and the stick being more fun/realistic!
the paddles are easier to reach on my G-25

but i would use the shifter, if it ****ing worked!
Quote from Joris :Although I prefer to use the stick on cars that would have it IRL I use the paddles for the simple reason that it's not possible to configure the stick on a G25 for both sequential and H-pattern in LFS.

UP and down operate the same switches as 1st and 2nd.

I am too lazy to change these settings when switching cars.

With a few simple scripts you can make it so that LFS switches to the appropriate shifting method whenever you select a car. For example H-pattern when you select a STD or TBO car, sequential when you select a GTR car and paddle shifters for the BF1. Without pressing a single button. Scripts really do make life a lot easier in LFS, and it's not difficult to do

If you want I can just send you mine; they're just .lfs files that you simply put in your data/scripts folder, nothing more, no need to configure anything.
Quote from obsolum :With a few simple scripts you can make it so that LFS switches to the appropriate shifting method whenever you select a car. For example H-pattern when you select a STD or TBO car, sequential when you select a GTR car and paddle shifters for the BF1. Without pressing a single button. Scripts really do make life a lot easier in LFS, and it's not difficult to do

If you want I can just send you mine; they're just .lfs files that you simply put in your data/scripts folder, nothing more, no need to configure anything.

GIVE! please
A lot of you guys like stick (eh?) LOL) But I aswell use the H-pattern or stick! Aha =]

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG