The online racing simulator
Will CTRA be Scirocco Ready ?
I would imagine mostly everyone will jump in the new Scirocco when it's released , as per other new car releases.
Is there a place for the Scirocco in CTRA when it goes public?
Will it slot into an existing class /server?
Or will there be a separate one make server aleast until the 'new car madness' subsides?
#2 - SamH
We're ready for the Scirocco. A new version of the X-System is VWS-aware, and two new servers (one S1, one S2) will be launched to meet the initial demand that we're expecting.

The servers will be Bronze+ access, so Copper-licenced racers should work for their Bronze licence while they wait for release, so they can be ready to race.
Nice info Sam
Quote from SamH :...launched to meet the initial demand that we're expecting.... The servers will be Bronze+ access,

Should be chaos
Will they be Scirocco only servers ?
If so,will they be classed with existing groups in the future
#5 - SamH
Yep, they'll be Scirocco-only at the start. Longer-term, I think it could be the future of Race 2. Since Race 2 is already multi-class road cars, with XFG/XRG and TBO, it's the most viable place to put it if/when the dedicated VWS servers die off. The VWS is fairly different from all other car classes, going by the specs, so I don't think it can be incorporated into existing classes. Ready to stand corrected there, though.
nice info sam sounds good, i cant wait
Anyone know when the Scirocco version of LFS might hit the street?
Quote from yeager :Anyone know when the Scirocco version of LFS might hit the street?

Oh god

Quote from Scawen :We plan to fix the bugs and continue developing the Scirocco suspension and electronic control systems, to give you a good patch early in 2009.

I dont know how to show it better and more readable
Quote from Flame CZE :I dont know how to show it better and more readable

I knew it was early 2009, I was fishing to see if Sam or anyone else might have an insider nod on the release.
Good to hear Il be ready to join one of those servers since Im silver
#11 - Jakg
Quote from yeager :I knew it was early 2009, I was fishing to see if Sam or anyone else might have an insider nod on the release.

He doesn't know - or at least if he does then he certainly wouldn't post it on the forum.
Quote from Jakg :He doesn't know - or at least if he does then he certainly wouldn't post it on the forum.

Wow, releases of LFS are more secret than Apple product releases
Release dates are always set in concrete here on LFS : It'll be ready when it's finished.
#14 - VoiD
Any thoughts or plans about ABS..?
Quote from VoiD :Any thoughts or plans about ABS..?

Negative points for anyone that uses it.
Quote from VoiD :Any thoughts or plans about ABS..?

For roadcars that are supposed to have it irl I do not see the point of banning it. It may compromise the seat of the pants feel but that is common in modern cars.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from ussbeethoven :Unless one is using keyboard, I think a kind of reduction of race points is worth considering.

As of now, is that true for brake help too?
Quote from ussbeethoven :Well, but there are some combos where driving with ABS allows a significant advantage (e.g. FZ5 in South City). Unless one is using keyboard, I think a kind of reduction of race points is worth considering.

I'd agree with that.
Quote from NightShift :As of now, is that true for brake help too?

No, but Brake help as it is now give no time gain (more like the opposite), while ABS is an advantage...
Early 2009 = before 31.12.2009.

Please, guys, be patient.
Quote from [RF]-art555 :No, but Brake help as it is now give no time gain (more like the opposite), while ABS is an advantage...

I'll take your word about Brake Help, and ABS can affect laptimes on certain combos, but you could say the same about Max Brake Force, track-specific sets will effectively avoid locking altogether.

Since both brake force and ABS are set up options, tuned sets should be penalized too?
If Scawen is limiting setups to realistic levels, ABS won't be switchable because although you can force it by removing fuses etc, most people don't actually bother.
Quote from NightShift :I'll take your word about Brake Help, and ABS can affect laptimes on certain combos, but you could say the same about Max Brake Force, track-specific sets will effectively avoid locking altogether.

Since both brake force and ABS are set up options, tuned sets should be penalized too?

Regarding low settings of Max brake force, you aren't really correct. With the low settings you do reduce the chances of locking up on lower speed mostly, but you also loose a lot of braking power on high speeds. The car with higher brake force settings can brake later, not as consistant though, so it also isn't a major advantage.

ABS with high brake force settings combination has advantages of both.

Maybe a poll should be used to decide?
It all sounds very reasonable but if you take a look at the hotlap rankings, the best times are invariably made with those sets.

I also driven some of them myself and indeed it's next to impossible to lock the brakes even with aggressive downshifting.

Since in hotlapping consistence makes no difference (you only need 1 good lap out of hundreds), the inevitable conclusion is that using a higher brake force does not warrant a tangible gain
Most of the hotlap sets I've tried are on the very limit of locking up under full braking.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG