The online racing simulator
^+1
Quote from NightShift :It all sounds very reasonable but if you take a look at the hotlap rankings, the best times are invariably made with those sets.

I also driven some of them myself and indeed it's next to impossible to lock the brakes even with aggressive downshifting.

Since in hotlapping consistence makes no difference (you only need 1 good lap out of hundreds), the inevitable conclusion is that using a higher brake force does not warrant a tangible gain

The hotlaps that are uploaded are without ABS, when the next patch will be released, I'm pretty much sure most of them will have high brake force and ABS and they willbeat previous records.
You may be right about the next official patch, but what we're interested in for CTRA purposes is the time gained through ABS.

My guess is, on most combos, the difference will be slight at best, otherwise hotlappers would be already using high brake force sets and do some more laps fishing for the perfect one (there's some serious competition going on there)

It's also possible that on very specific combos, ABS will make for a huge difference but we have to look at the big picture: penalizing ABS users for, say, a 0.1s average gain in a race does not make sense.
Quote from NightShift :
It's also possible that on very specific combos, ABS will make for a huge difference but we have to look at the big picture: penalizing ABS users for, say, a 0.1s average gain in a race does not make sense.

No, of course no
What I'm trying to say, is that ABS simplifies driving quite a bit. For example on CTRA 1 XFG is easier to drive than XRG, thus it gains less points. The same should be applied to ABS users IMO. It doesn't give you a massive time gain as opposed to low brake force sets in average, but still a bit of an advantage. So slight points reduction is appropriate IMO

Anyway, the ABS question is mostly applied to road cars in LFS isn't it? As the Scirocco will already have a locked setup, which most probably means ABS won't be switched off, I think
As long as the car balancing remains the same then there will be no need to change the scoring system. Obviously if the devs decide that one std car has ABS & the other doesn't then it would need to be looked at.
I was trying with ABS and although on certain parts I could brake later and harder.. I found while trail braking it would constantly be cutting in and stopping me doing what I want it to do.. overall I was about the same, but for one last dash foot to the floor braking test ABS will haul you up quicker than a non ABS for the majority of racers.
Quote from The Moose :Negative points for anyone that uses it.

best suggestion ever Really it is , who needs abs when you have a right foot , ( left for some ) to control the brakes

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG