The online racing simulator
sorry, tried the HQ p2p, which works perfect
Quote from RobbyMac :Watching MQ stream, looks cool. med. quality of course, but you see/hear more than enough detail.

I had to open port 3700 on my firewall to allow the stream through.
opened/plays in media player.

Great work on camera angles/action!

Congrats to you on the SC skin competition win, btw!
@ Ben, if you get a penalty for changing your name can't you just disconnect, change name and reconnect again?
Quote from J@tko :@ Ben, if you get a penalty for changing your name can't you just disconnect, change name and reconnect again?

In theory, yes. As per the rules, a name change (Not from a pitstop change) is considered chat.

d
i was all excited, but forgot LFS dosen't have night conditions yet .Still good racing so far however!
Quote from Sueycide_FD :i was all excited, but forgot LFS dosen't have night conditions yet .Still good racing so far however!

Hardcore spectators turn the brightness of their monitor down to simulate night conditions...
FYI (since no one's ever listened to me before) you might be able to get rid off that constant buffering every 10 seconds by switching to the next streamserver (play it in wmp/winamp/vlc and press next/fast forward)
I just ended my 2h stint in DoP, so I don't know a thing what has happened.

Could I ask for a small recap from the commentators?
When I focus on each driver, I'll try and give a brief explanation of their race so far.
Enjoyed the stuff I've seen and heard so far

Damn good racing.
first dc wave
F1rst lost connection :S

is it a shitty server?
I had a question, that I've always wondered about. What happens when a team disconnects from the server (ie: times out), but wants to rejoin, how does the procedure works?
Quote from Knight_Atack :I had a question, that I've always wondered about. What happens when a team disconnects from the server (ie: times out), but wants to rejoin, how does the procedure works?

They just rejoin and the tracker takes care of their laps
Quote from Knight_Atack :I had a question, that I've always wondered about. What happens when a team disconnects from the server (ie: times out), but wants to rejoin, how does the procedure works?

As per the rules, which I tried to summarize in the 'cast:

* If a team is disconnected from the server, they may rejoin and start racing again. Their number of completed laps will be recorded by the organizers and kept by the tracker, and their total laps will be added up in the end and scored accordingly. If a disconnect appears to be suspicious, in that it causes the team to gain an advantage, the admins can assess a 1 lap penalty at their discretion.
* If a team is stranded on the track due to running out of fuel, an accident or other reasons, they may use Shift-S and restart the race. In that case, a penalty of 1 lap will be added to their overall time.

The tracker tracks total completed laps. It makes it rather interesting to find the battles on track this way.

Thanks for your question !
Nice! Pretty cool system, and that tracker and all. Thanks for the replies.
Another FYI, use Winamp if you run Vista and don't want to have to run it in full screen mode (might have to switch in and out of full screen in winamp once)
it is really sad with those disconnects. we were lucky enough to suffer our disconnect during installationlap right before the start
-
(pearcy_2k7) DELETED by pearcy_2k7
DWB - Uneventfull? you should watch our first stint where we lost over a lap. Plus the DT, 3spins.
Hehe.

Nice interview with Phil

And Ben, do also mention that you skipped work waiting for your new rig to be shipped.
Lol @ deko's parents calling him to put some show at the TV station he works at xD.
Quote from evilpimp :Lol @ deko's parents calling him to put some show at the TV station he works at xD.

They wanted it put on a DVD if we have it on our servers.

Like a little kid

No, It did seem funny back then.

great commentary
Quote from Fuse5 :Hehe.

Nice interview with Phil

And Ben, do also mention that you skipped work waiting for your new rig to be shipped.

Was a fun interview, wouldn't mind doing it again, hopefully next time with some more reasonable questions.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG