The online racing simulator
#1 - amp88
Masters of Endurance 2008-2009 24 Hours of Aston Grand Prix Live Broadcast
The time is almost here for the biggest challenge on the racing calendar. On Saturday 24th January at 15:00 UTC a full field of competitors will scorch off the start grid with a gruelling 24 hours of solid racing action ahead of them. Not only is the race the most difficult on the calendar, but because double points are awarded the results can have a huge impact on the championship standings. With 3 rounds out of 6 completed in the 2008/2009 season F1RST racing are in the lead of both the GT1 and GT2 championships. Their competitors will be determined to close the points gap this weekend.

As ever, we'll be bringing you every second of the action live with our award winning broadcast team. The pre-race show will start at 14:40 UTC and will include recaps of all the action and incidents from qualifying plus a full run down of the grid for the race. You can watch the broadcast on the MultiBC website. The race will be shown on channel 2. You can also join the live chat to talk about the race with fellow spectators. The server will also be shown on LFS remote which you can access through LFSWorld (double click LFS Remote, double click on Masters of Endurance in the server list). You can also track the action live with our tracker.

As with the previous round of the season we're hoping you guys will get involved and ask questions in this thread for our commentators to answer on the air.

For more information on Masters of Endurance visit our homepage.

Lastly we'd like to say a big thank you to all of our sponsors who help us to keep this award winning series running:

I think i shall try and see this. It sounds fun

Good Luck to everyone
Quote from 1993weeman :I think i shall try and see this. It sounds fun

Good Luck to everyone

And good luck to you too if you plan to watch the entire thing.

I'll definitely tune in from time to time to check on the action! Should be exciting.
I'll be watching a whole lot but not all :P. Last endurance race were it went overnight I slept 3 hours and got back to watching. I was lucky enough to get the stints that are in the afternoon xD.
#5 - amp88
Edited the OP because I'd forgotten to mention the race will also be shown on LFS Remote.
I'll definitely be tuning in for some of the race. You shouldn't have made it conflict with the real life 24 Hours of Daytona though!
Quote from UncleBenny :I'll definitely be tuning in for some of the race. You shouldn't have made it conflict with the real life 24 Hours of Daytona though!

That's why you watch MoE on your monitor, and the 24hr at Daytona on your TV.

Oh, and if you use 1 screen for both then well.... at least MoE won't have too many commercials!
defo tuning in when possible. some quality racing awaits, cannot miss it good luck to all teams participating
#9 - G!NhO
I am definatly gonna watch some of the action
I'm excited about this one. Although I am not excited about the lack of sleep I will be getting...
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I'm excited about this one. Although I am not excited about the lack of sleep I will be getting...

You aren't commentating the whole 24 hours, are you?
Quote from zeugnimod :You aren't commentating the whole 24 hours, are you?

As much as I know you would enjoy it, I have other things to be doing. But I will be constantly checking on the progress of the race because if I go away for a few hours, a whole lot could change without me knowing.
No, I wouldn't enjoy that, really.

I want you to stay alive to commentate on some more races.
good luck with broadcast of race!

If possible, save videos of whole race, and upload it after the race
I'll probably be up and active for most of the 24 hours. Mostly because I'm God ( ) and so I can manage the stream failry well so it doesn't die if Ben has to drive.

Plus, I have no life.

d
Quote from PMD9409 :That's why you watch MoE on your monitor, and the 24hr at Daytona on your TV.

Oh, and if you use 1 screen for both then well.... at least MoE won't have too many commercials!

Or just switch the inputs back and forth on my TV. Watching the race on the 42 inch will be nice.

I heard a rumor MoE will be in HD this year?
Quote from dekojester :I'll probably be up and active for most of the 24 hours. Mostly because I'm God ( ) and so I can manage the stream failry well so it doesn't die if Ben has to drive.

Plus, I have no life.

d

lol, good luck
Times for broadcast on Saturday:

Test Window opens at 14:25 UTC. Use this time to join stream, and check for any tech diffs. Hoping to avoid the issues we had last round.
Broadcast will start at 14:40 UTC on the nose. You'll hear my booming voice, followed by a couple clips.

We've got Qual recaps, some discussion, a track lap, all to be crammed in the 20 minutes before the race starts.

We hope that you'll enjoy the coverage.

After the first 90 minutes are complete, once an hour, for anywhere between 5-10 minutes, I'm keen to leave the stream with nothing but onboards so you can get the Sounds of Speed. The final one will occur at the end of the 23rd/start of the 24th hour.

We're also hoping to be able to get some interviews with drivers and team managers as the ultimate test of man and machine occurs.

And remember, post your questions for the broadcast team here in this thread, we'll get to them as soon as we can in the broadcast, like we did at Westhill.

d
Quote from dekojester :

After the first 90 minutes are complete, once an hour, for anywhere between 5-10 minutes, I'm keen to leave the stream with nothing but onboards so you can get the Sounds of Speed. The final one will occur at the end of the 23rd/start of the 24th hour.

Of course, if we start to hear the sounds of crashing then we will obviously have to interrupt the beautiful engine sounds by shouting.
The broadcast should be starting in about 40 minutes. The race is starting in an hour
Stream should in theory be up. Check it out and let us know. We're in the test window.

d
Quote from dekojester :Stream should in theory be up. Check it out and let us know. We're in the test window.

d

Works fine here
Works
Antyone who uses the stream, please tell us how you are finding it in terms of reliability and quality.
Just loading up the P2P stream now

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG