The online racing simulator
So the people saying there is such a framerate drop when you drive with interior, do they have all graphic settings, on 16 bit with a 800x600 resolution? Get to ebay, find a cheap graphics card or memory or whatever, and there you go, you can play with the dashboard on. If you got enough money to buy LFS, you will find a better graphics card on ebay for that same amount of money. Get priorities. I assembled my computer to have a fast pc, good graphics, and that's it, I didn't go for a flatscreen or a dvd burner... priorities. Now I can play LFS on full settings inside, with only (oh god only) 30 fps (you really don't need more imho), I never played a game with a higher framerate than 60-70, and I think it's smooth enough, I read somewhere your eyes can't even keep up with those 100fps', so I ask why?
Quote from tristancliffe :Add OPTION to FORCE cockpit view on a server. If your (directed at no one) PC can't handle the realism then race on a different server or upgrade. Simple.

Forcing only one view sucks. Some people just favours the bumper cam for example. The view is very important thing which affects the gameplay more than anything. For example I couldn't drive Richard Burns Rally from the default cockpit view (because the default views really sucked, it was more like windscreen view not cockpit view) before the Camera Hack program which made it possible to create a personal view.

As for now you can't even do that forcing in LFS properly. You can make a cockpit view with custom view... but how does the game know that?

And I use the default cockpit view in LFS. Only with customized FOV and g force simulation settings.
Quote from Kostek :- in-game private messaging
- an option for not downloading helmet skins
- server option to force no brake help and no throttle help
- disable brake and throttle help in hotlapping
-- maybe even disable automatic gearbox in hotlapping
- ban hybrid tyres from road tracks

In fact I'd love to see theese in S2 final.

As for S3:
- weather! (both fixed and dynamic)

Things mentioned before, like more complex damage, parts falling off, coplex brakes simulation, etc are just a matter of time, and IMO will be implemented.

But, for god's sake, dont tell me about radio, airbags and air conditioning.illepall Someone's going to suggest visual tuning in a minute... lol

-PM's, nice idea

-server option to force no brake help or throttle help? How about remove them completely and give us real ABS and Traction Control systems. It doesn't seem fair that someone can have "brake help", "throttle help", and "automatic gear changing" on the F08 or GTR's!!!!!

Instead I would love to see realistic ABS, realistic traction control, and REALISTIC automatic transmissions. Then the removal of all these assist bullshit things. Of course only these features would be implemented on the appropriate cars and the user should be able to turn them off when he or she desires.

Also, servers then should have the ability to not allow ABS, TC, and automatic transmissions if they want to see some real skill.

-why ban hybrid tires from road tracks? It really doesn't matter IMO. If someone is dumb enough to use hybrid or knobbly tires on a road track, I think it is their own fault.

I wouldn't mind seeing these in the S2 final either.

I think S3 should have weather, all different types and completely customizable almost like in Flight Simulator 2004, but maybe not quite as advanced. The cars should have user adjustable windsheild wipers too. I think all types of weather, so people can have rainy autocrosses, snow rallies, heck if you can set the temperature you might be able to have a "frozen lake" autocross on the skidpad or something. The ability to adjust the amount too, if you want your snowy rally to be in TONS of snow, or your autocross to have a ton of water on the ground, etc. In other words, the ability to adjust the rate at which precipitation falls, and that affects the accumulation on the ground.

I would love to see brake fade as well. My Sentra has rotors that don't even fill the 12 inch wheels, they aren't vented either and it has drums in the rear. Trust me, I know brake fade. lol.
I have seen uneatalbe lap times from people like me on autocross layouts. I found out you can just memorize the checkpoints and only go through those gates. I think more checkpoints should be allowed so people like me can't skip. I highly suggest this to stop people like me from getting 41's on a 1:20 course. If you wanna set times like me contact me.
One little thing I noticed from a racing movie not so long ago: In the racing cars the hood is usually "attached" to the car by using those "pins". These pins are already in LFS but there is that little thing that is still missing: The pins allow the hood to move and shake in higher speeds and it looks so kewl!

Check this vid: http://www.renaudkuppens.be/vi ... board_imola_FIA_GT_HQ.wmv.

So I want shaky bonnets in LFS
Quote from Rappa Z :I have seen uneatalbe lap times from people like me on autocross layouts. I found out you can just memorize the checkpoints and only go through those gates. I think more checkpoints should be allowed so people like me can't skip. I highly suggest this to stop people like me from getting 41's on a 1:20 course. If you wanna set times like me contact me.

You dirty little.... :P

j/k

I agree, maybe make it so you can make EVERY gate a checkpoint and make it so you can't plow straight along side a slalom. All could be done if you had many more checkpoints.
Quote from Hyperactive :One little thing I noticed from a racing movie not so long ago: In the racing cars the hood is usually "attached" to the car by using those "pins". These pins are already in LFS but there is that little thing that is still missing: The pins allow the hood to move and shake in higher speeds and it looks so kewl!

Check this vid: http://www.renaudkuppens.be/vi ... board_imola_FIA_GT_HQ.wmv.

So I want shaky bonnets in LFS

Maybe exhaust pipes too Although, not too too much, in some versions of Need For Speed you rev it up and think the damn exhaust is going to fling off and total out some poor SOB's parked car.
^^ agree, just like in Juiced
how about a drift tire... authorized for drifting only (longer life)
how about those tyres that give colored smoke as in Top Gear :P
Drift tyre? I think there's more chance of there being a fluffy dice addon...
Quote from MoonForce :
* more complex damage
(if i crash the wall with 200km/h the car must be splittet into 100 parts or must be that destroyed u cant go ahead with racing. i would like this very much also f.ex. in a 30lap race. makes very exciting NOT to touch the wall or drife safely to survive. also would be cool to have some carparts on track when crashed which disapper within 30secs. thing is peopz know if they buy lfs that they want to buy a SIMULATION and not arcade and a simulation has to be most realistic as it can be)

And of course, it should also affect aerodynamics of the vehicle.
It is possible now, on the hardware news, physx PPU announcements were all over the place today:

http://physx.ageia.com/footage.html

Quote from nfsjunkie91 :And of course, it should also affect aerodynamics of the vehicle.

This game is alridy very good but I would like to see:
Brake pads wearing out.
Engine overheating depending on weather, oil cooler kit etc.
Wear LSD's by drifting too much, racing etc.
Clutch slep.
Brake gearbox because of bad shifting/not using hell+toe etc.
And lastly tuning the ecu of the engine according to the tracks
I want the fluffy dice thingy. Would add a real nice touch in the GTR's

When you're bored with racing you can play with the fluffy dice, and I want pink ones (are there any other?)
I need the hood fallin' off, no wheels, no spoilers, no bumpers, and a safety crew on the track.
You'd like or you need? Because I can't see what is the urgency for you to request this things.
I want/need better damage
#70 - PerG
Better damage model should be super but not for weaker PC's. But i really want rainy races
I hope LFS' weather will have an option to be controlled by LFSW and LFSW will have a weather report for a few days in advance. Also to make the report wrong sometimes to add to the unpredictable of real life weather Another thing in the weather department I'd like to see is the track conditions not reseting during the day i.e public races with restarts.

Keiran
People want rain, but they sulk if wind is used? I think all servers should have wind enabled personally. Once people can cope with that THEN they can ask for more variable weather...
well with rain you do need wipers... ( BIIGG HINT!!!)
Trsiatn is it harder to drive in the wind?
Well, your speed at the end of straights varies, so sometimes your faster(have to brake earlier), sometimes your slower (have to brake later), and the wind varies so one person might get a boost down the straight and you, a few seconds later, might not get as much.

It basically calls for a more adaptive drive, which a lot of people can't do having memorised fixed braking points.

Not sure if the wind effects downforce cars more, with a tail wind reducing downforce etc, but I doubt it at the moment. Maybe (and it's a huge maybe) the aero patch will do something to it in this regard.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG