The online racing simulator
ITCC - Race 1 - Post race discussion
So, im the first one to be out of race of the champiosnhip, so i figured i might as well make the post race post...

Discuss Race 1 here
So after a great qualifying (by my standings considering the lack of LFS ive had this past week), i qualified somewhere in the top 10. A fairly neat first start and first lap, untill i got caught up in the leaders accident. i tboned someone at full speed, flipped about a zillion times and ended up out.

A real bad experience, the only good thing, is that if it was real life, I'D BE DEAD!!!! INSTANTLY
#3 - J@tko
Quali - I sucked.

Race 1 - Dinner

Race 2 - dunno. I'm not Dr Who.
One word: **CK.
qualifying --> Nice, great to set a pb :-)

Race 1 --> HUGE ACcident
Race 2 --> tagged at the start and then my wheel came lose from my table...
Race 3 --> absolute carnage on the restart. i got hit so hard from the back, that i almost went throught the car in front of me...
Race 1: Accident, my fault. Sorry Darryn et al. Finished last on-track after getting left behind by the safety car.

Race 2: Climbed from 25th to 7th. Great.

Race 3: Started 2nd, finished 2nd. To my teammate. Excellent!
I got hit in all three races - great stuff.

Race one I got hit by a spinning car in the fast tyre-chicane.

Race two I got hit by someone who was trying to avoid a car and I couldn't see that car.

Race three I got hit by a flying car after the safety car restart.

Good stuff

On a different note: It's amazing how some people just can't stop using the keyboard when they're told to do so. Hey - I got a PhD report to write - how about I employ you?
#8 - J@tko
/me is not too happy.

Race 2:
Started from the back of the grid, got a pretty good start but couldn't do anything with it. First SC restart was mk, got into a fight with Tommy, but luckily he span (:schwitz Second SC was a welcome relief, right behind Timo now. However, managed to make him crash on the 'SC coming in lap' due to the crap way everyone seems to deal with SC periods, luckily we were on vent together so neither of us lost any places. At that restart I got an amazing restart, and loads of people got a bad one. Coming into T1 I could have passed loads of people and got up to about 5th place, but decided not to crash all the front-runners, and got to about 10th. Let Klouczech past basically as I had no chance defending against him (Timo yelled at me for that :P) then managed to have a really bad end to the race. Me, Timo and Max were 3 wide nearly over the line, and ironically, by me looking to the right to check where Max was, I crashed into him. My sincere apologies mate, that cost you a place

Race 3.
Good start, managed to gain a few positions. Binned it warming my tyres under SC, then due to more twats managed to sustain mega damage YET AGAIN IN THE LAST FEW CORNERS BEFORE A RESTART - PATTERN EMERGING HERE?!!!???, had to pit, cooled my tyres down beyond repair and then had a crap race. I'll be seeing you in the reserve shootout next round.

@ Admins, tyvm, you did an AWESOME job, everything by the book, great

But please can you ditch the SC - it does more harm than good with these cars.
SC is fine, there just need to be clearer rules about how to handle it, for the SC driver and the race drivers alike.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :SC is fine, there just need to be clearer rules about how to handle it, for the SC driver and the race drivers alike.

As long as everybody reads understands and adheres to the rules then there isn't a problem, no

But yeah, do they?
1. Don`t change speed (1st driver) while SC is on, every time there was big mess in back.
2. Drivers from the back should not drive as fast as they can while SC is on or yelow flag, result= mess again
3. While going back on the track, you should pay attention to other drivers...

Any way quali was very interesting and i had good racing with Arni Arnason i think all 3 races More luck next race for all
Quali : shitterdeshit mistakes or backmakers if i was in a good lap, p2 not to bad

Race1: could grab the lead and drive away

Race2: was into the wining position again until SC in lap 12/14 :\ anyway some strubles at the restart discussed it on msn no hard feelings got 2nd

Race3: Starting 7th got p5 in lap 1, then i hit some CoRe car in the right turn after S2 sry for that, got the run on dennis passed him dennis took the re attack and missed the corner and took me with him 6th in the end.

Now lets move on to the big drama with 30+kg at fe3R !

GR

Rudy !
1st race was pretty decent i finished 4(could be 3 but cooked my tires and lost 1 place on the last lap.
2nd race was a complete disaster because of SC.Dropped down to 13th and while trying to pass two guys on the last lap/straight one of them took me out so i finished 12th.
3rd race was a mess also again because of the SC, i cooked my engine and eventually gave up.

See ya guys in the next round.

@jatko:Please be more careful next time mate.
Well it was very eventful racing out there! and so close too, well done to the commentators and Joe/Darren/Tom for organising the event.

My brief recap:

Qualifying - I beat my pb and was happy with a 1:38.88, quite hard with 28 cars going hammer and tongs all in close formation, but fun. Ended up 21/28 starters.

Race 1 - Was going well until after the safety car period, tried to pull a move and lagged into teammate Jokela (Sorry mate! :shy and flew miles into the spectators.

Race 2 - Another okish start, then after the safety car bottleneck took evasive action to avoid someone spinning and once again was punted across the continent.

Race 3 - Much better racing this time (more than 5 laps for once! ) But there was some push and shove at the safety car restart leaving me with soem bad damage and was forced to pit in, however I forgot to turn on the [repair damage: yes] feature... so had to pit in again after a slow crawl lap, losing yet more time. Race pace was poor all round though.
Quote from J@tko :As long as everybody reads understands and adheres to the rules then there isn't a problem, no

But yeah, do they?

Well, for instance, there's no rule concerning what Rudy did on the restart in race 2. Which is a huge omission.
Quote from Rudy van Buren :Race3: Starting 7th got p5 in lap 1, then i hit some CoRe car in the right turn after S2 sry for that, got the run on dennis passed him dennis took the re attack and missed the corner and took me with him 6th in the end.

That was me. Dangerous place to pass, but you had position. No hard feelings.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Well, for instance, there's no rule concerning what Rudy did on the restart in race 2. Which is a huge omission.

Not really, everyone here should know what to do - just because its not real doesn't mean everyone should chuck their common sense out the window:

http://www.formula1.com/inside ... regulations/8687/fia.html

40.13 ....At this point the first car in line behind the safety car may dictate the pace and, if necessary, fall more than ten car lengths behind it.
In order to avoid the likelihood of accidents before the safety car returns to the pits, from the point at which the lights on the car are turned out drivers must proceed at a pace which involves no erratic acceleration or braking nor any other manoeuvre which is likely to endanger other drivers or impede the restart.

I think most of stuff is common sense, and regards SC rules, it surely can't be too hard just to exercise caution and not go from one side of the track to the other.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Well, for instance, there's no rule concerning what Rudy did on the restart in race 2. Which is a huge omission.

Quote from boothy :Not really, everyone here should know what to do - just because its not real doesn't mean everyone should chuck their common sense out the window

I readed the rules and didnt spot that it wasnt aloud, i looked back the replay and i didnt think of the effect it would have to the back of the field since i was only looking to nolan, and if i would have thought of the effect it would have like it did now i would not have done it

im sry and if i might be in p1 again with a SC restart i wont do it again

So here i wanto apologice to everybody for me ruiening your start or causing you to crash.
Quote from Rudy van Buren :I readed the rules and didnt spot that it wasnt aloud, i looked back the replay and i didnt think of the effect it would have to the back of the field since i was only looking to nolan, and if i would have thought of the effect it would have like it did now i would not have done it

It's actually a common problem with cars driving behind each other. If the first driver lifts off the foot and the distance between each car is too small for the speed then the cars at the end will have to brake to a standstill. It's also the most common reason for traffic jams

I guess the best thing to avoid this is to have people not bunch up so much during the safety car period.
Have to admit i didn't enjoy the races at all.
could see there was nice close racing 1st trough 15th places but after that it got really messy.
Would be nice if people actually get some practice on tracks or attleast reads rules about overtaking.
Driving behind safetycar shouldnt be so hard?
SC puts the pack together not racers.
Lastly this wasnt the easiest track out there for race so actually all did pretty good job
And Tobba...Np it happends
What a bad race for me, 1.st race i got off quite well and worked my way up to like 8th. place but got hit by a spinning car and that was it , i dropped down the field with heavily damaged car and never got back speed.

There were a lot of crashes, every race i got knocked out, even after safety car i got crashed and damaged car that ruined my 2.nd race.

I think there are a lessons to be learned, and we all need to pay more respect to each other.
My thoughts on what I saw: People need to be much more patient behind the safety car. What Rudy did was devious, but not uncommon in real-life racing. For this reason, everybody needs to have some foresight and not try and win before the green flag has come out. Even though you're going slowly, you need to concentrate and leave at least a couple of car lengths between you and the car ahead; something that most drivers weren't doing during the SC periods.

Oh and don't do a J@tko and bin it while tyre warming...

But other than that, yesterday I saw some classic touring car racing. If a few of you clean up your acts, you'll have an excellent SimRacing equivalent to the BTCC or WTCC.
#23 - CSF
I thought it rather amazing one of the confirmed entrants was on the server before the race begging for a set-up. What a waste of a spot in the main event. I thought those that had a confirmed slot might have taken this a little more seriously, and wanted to do everything they could to retain a slot in the series. I was clearly wrong.

Anyway, complete waste of time the shoot out was for me, making a really daft error in the chicane when on a lap that was just as good as Travy D'Souza's. Another point, during the shoot out some cars were trundling out of the pitlane, and going very slowly into the heart of T1. That's a little unfair don't you think? I always made sure that I slowed to make sure cars on the straight had a clear and easy run into T1, as it should be... I expected to get that back from all fellow drivers, but clearly not again...

Edit: Oh and I thought it funny seeing my team-mate Jason Lovett screw up so badly he was slower than me.

Any way, was good fun to watch, and I will be doubling my efforts to qualify for Round 2.
I have to admit i enyoj in race..it was very nice..i have some problems.. second race didnt show green light on screen..and i lose 4-5 place...but this is race ..and in 3 race..i get push in last lap..and lose 4 place again..but this is life..not angry..its not in win.. all is in racing..and overtaking..adrenalin..and fun...so i know he didnt push me on purpose....he can be more carelase..but..its a game and race..and was nice fight...and i hope it will be again in next round...))..thanks ICON for organise nice race..and hapy to drive with u all guys..and gratz to winner....

P.S. sorry for bad english..
Quote from CSF :I thought it rather amazing one of the confirmed entrants was on the server before the race begging for a set-up. What a waste of a spot in the main event. I thought those that had a confirmed slot might have taken this a little more seriously, and wanted to do everything they could to retain a slot in the series. I was clearly wrong.

Indeed... And adding to that, there were only 28 people racing in the server, instead of the supposed 30. Why where the next best in the shootout not called up to race? I would have thought everyone wanted a full grid

Quote from CSF : nother point, during the shoot out some cars were trundling out of the pitlane, and going very slowly into the heart of T1. That's a little unfair don't you think? I always made sure that I slowed to make sure cars on the straight had a clear and easy run into T1, as it should be... I expected to get that back from all fellow drivers, but clearly not again...

The same happened to me, on one of my shootout laps... Somebody going very slowly in the second apex of T1... Ruined my lap

Other than that, the broadcast was great to watch, nicely done all... Although maybe a little less crashes next round

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG