The online racing simulator
[rtdc]
(96 posts, started )
Apex...I hate when people call me ape. Screw this name.
lol sry ape. ex. there was that one time in the server :P ape/pex

anyways, tonight 7:30EST, there will be a session up. it will be [RTDC]Drift Sever(ADA) or something like that, and will host 10 people. show up if you can, not too much will be covered, we will just be doing some 'orientation' and the like tonight.
Oh my god!

Tristan is drifting!illepall

That is very akward, but it is a fun form of sport and I'm sure you will see it is not easy, but it is very fun once you get the hang of it and are able to chase very close without colliding.
Quote from RevMonkey :bbman, just create a new player profile, then when you go into 'drift mode' you can change your name with a click

Good idea, thx...

WTH is 7:30 EST? Anyway, I'm going to sleep now, it's midnight and I have to get up for work tomorrow...
1.5 hours from now :P
And I will be your host for the evening! :mr-t:

This isn't the first lesson by the way. The first official lesson will be planned ahead and you will be notified in advance.
Tonight will be getting to know eachother and drifting. If you're here tonight you'll have an advantage for the first lesson.
It's like an open house.
whao i wish i had the same resources that you guys will have! When i started, i was ben bullied around... you guys are getting taught by LFS D1 pros for free! (maybe there's hidden fees, check ur PMs lol) Lucky you!
Sam isn't hosting, we can't figure out how to get his damn router to work =X
I'll be the host.

But as DrftMstr said, you guys are lucky if you are really looking to get into the drifting scene. Usually when you are new to all of us, we won't be very respecting of you. But I should watch how I word this. By respecting, I mean that usually if you make a drift team and nobody knows who you are, the team will be thought to go absolutely nowhere in the community, and most likely fall apart rather fast. But we all know this is just for fun. Of course, serious fun. Drifting requires more patience and practice then you think, but once you get the hang of it, you will be amazed at the amount of fun you can have, and most importantly, all of the amazing people you will meet.

I hope I didn't word anything wrong. lol

Quote from (SaM) :
It's like an open house.

Quiet literally. Server will be public.

I'm apparently leaving at 7:10, which is in about half an hour. so server will be going up around that time.

Have fun everybody. I will join in on the fun when I am back.
thank you once again for hosting for me apex
No problem. Hah, good old S1 D1 days Server is about to go up. Just gotta get ready.
okay, server is up. but go to the one that i am at, look me up. sam got his hosting fixed and we're gonna be there

thanks anyways apex
I've finished for tonight, just going to write a little summary
Didn't really know what to expect tbh, got to the server eventually, and Sam set a few tasks just to get me warmed up, but also so that he could analyse what I was doing. Progressed onto a track after a while, FE3R, shared the track with a few seasoned drifters in a variety of cars - I stuck to GTT and FZ50. Sam and some others helped show some lines, and other bits of advice.
Overall it was a great night, really enjoyed it. Will be slightly different in the proper sessions (due to there being more then 1 student ), but I highly recomend giving this a go

(seemed to give a few surprises, did better then I (and everyone else) expected :shy
Yup, you were doing great, altho you had to keep your wheel quiet, you showed excellent basic skills in the right situation. Most of what you still need is experience in consistent oversteer and track reconnaisance such as braking- and initiationpoints. But you enjoy it and that's the most important thing.

And yeah, the server wasnt that filled with racers wanting to drift, probably because the session was hosted unannounced. But it was a succesful evening anyhow.

Keep a close eye on this topic for data of the upcoming first lesson.
Quote from RevMonkey :okay, server is up. but go to the one that i am at, look me up. sam got his hosting fixed and we're gonna be there

God damnit. lol, no problem. Apparently my server was still quite active.
Quote from (SaM) :And yeah, the server wasnt that filled with racers wanting to drift, probably because the session was hosted unannounced. But it was a succesful evening anyhow.

More probably because it was at 2am in the morning... some people have to work next day, you know?
:(
I missed this nevermind, ill keep checking and hopefully ill make it to one.
Sounds like this oculd be fun keep up the good work.
Quote from (SaM) :And yeah, the server wasnt that filled with racers wanting to drift, probably because the session was hosted unannounced. But it was a succesful evening anyhow.

and most guys who joined the project are euros so the server was up in the middle of the night (i still would have joined if i hadnt had an exam today)
This sounds like good fun...plus i can's drift to save my life so this would help and if it can improve my racing thats a bonus!

[RTDC] Exodus
Maybe we could try to set up some specific times when to go on some server for this drifting thing? Any suggestions?

...About that last night, hope you had fun but it was a bit late for most of us
Well count me in too if possible !
Well count me in, if possible

I too think that becoming a good driver requires both worlds:
Racing / drifting

so if there's still room ....

[rtdc]Rooster

Rooster (pastorius @ LFSWorld)
list updated.

good drifting last night, rob
Um yes that too, it was terribly late, haha. But I tend to forget that I'm not the only one, because of timezones.
Quote from RevMonkey :list updated.

You don't want me to be in the club?

bbman updated
I'de love to help around with the teaching/lessons/hosting, so just let me know Rev. And of course, I would LOVE to demonstrate tandem with Sam

[rtdc]
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG