The online racing simulator
[rtdc]
(96 posts, started )
[rtdc]
NOTE: THIS MEMBER LIST WILL NOT BE UPDATED ANY LONGER. FOR NEWS, UPDATES, AND ANYTHING CONCERNING [RTDC] HEAD OVER TO THE [RTDC] SUB FORUM HERE:
http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=53
THANK YOU FOR THE COOPERATION EVERYONE!

Tristan Drift? Who woulda thought... illepall

[NOTE: Moderators, I have put this in the General section in hopes of garnering more interest in this project. If you absolutely feel the need, feel free to move it to the "Teams" section, but I would absolutely love it to stay here for now ]

This is a project headed up by myself to introduce racers into the world of the drift. As a half-breed of both, I have been fortunate enough to enjoy both of these elements in the world of racing, and wish to pass it on to those that are less fortunate This is just a 'fun and friendly way for people like Tristan who don't know drifting (or how to do it) to learn and see what the community is really like' (thanks Tristan)

Because of the 'rift' between the two breeds, I am creating a club where racers can experience the world as a drifter without having to withold a reputation as a racer. Members change their names while drifting, and can change back when they go to race. No real commitment is required, you do NOT need to quit your current team (if any) to join (nor are you required to become a drifter ). Just sign up here with your Racer name and your 'Drifter' Name, and wait for approval. When you are a member, just toss the tag on, or if you are already a drifter and supporting the club, then just keep a μ (roman letter mu) in your name at all times.

There will be certain 'Drift Days' for you racers out there, and Drifters may join this 'club' just to help out with teaching these racers how to slide, and to chill These sessions will be held once a week. Any drifters that want to help may contact me through YIM, MSN, or AIM (look at my profile.)

For my first two members, I have managed to persuade Tristan and Gooden to join this club. If you see them online with their alter-ego name, give them a shout :P Thanks guys for being good sports

Just to make it known to you drifters, yes, I am planning to make a [DTRC] depending on how well this one runs, once it gets up to speed.

Members:
Racer Name - RTDC Name

a.wong[CDN] - a.wong[CDN]μ
»SWC*Diesel - µ SaM
vMax.TristanCliffe - [RTDC]Not Tristan
(V)W.Gooden - [RTDC]Not Gooden
q0_Bob | CRC - [RTDC]Bøb
Kev - [RTDC]Kev-D
fin.Hyperactive - [RTDC]Hyperaktive
the_angry_angel - [RTDC]taa
Z06Vette - [RTDC]Edsel
Shot - [RTDC] Powah
AndroidXP - [RTDC]RobotXP
BRT-David- [RTDC]David
Greboth - [RTDC]greboth
nic[Rob] - [RTDC] Rob
(cP)Clownpaint - [RTDC]Clownpaint
Jakg - [RTDC]Retarded Muffin
T7R|Exodus - [RTDC]Exodus
Rooster - [RTDC]Rooster
bbman - [RTDC]bbman
Matt_Driver - [RTDC]Matt_Driver

NOTE: THIS MEMBER LIST WILL NOT BE UPDATED ANY LONGER. FOR NEWS, UPDATES, AND ANYTHING CONCERNING [RTDC] HEAD OVER TO THE [RTDC] SUB FORUM HERE:
http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=53
THANK YOU FOR THE COOPERATION EVERYONE!
Just to clarify, this isn't me leaving vMax, nor me 'becoming' a drifter. It's a fun and friendly way for people like me who don't know drifting (or how to do it) to learn and see what the community is really like.

Hopefully we can see a few more people who never thought they'd do drifting to pop in and have a go. I have (or am trying to have) no preconceptions about this, and am being as open minded as you'll ever see me, so no flaming here please
I've been wanting to have a go at drifting, if only because I believe it would make me a better racer (better control and all).

So sign me up! Of course, I won't be leaving Rubber Ducky Racing, but one more club is always fun

Now, for a name... Let's try [RTDC]Bøb on for size.

Any specific place we're gonna meet up to be taught by the in-crowd (forum, server...)?

Edit: One Q: what does the abbreviation stand for?
that is still in the works. there will be a server up (hopefully) from time to time, and i will be in the process of starting up a forum.
RTDC = 'Racers trying Drifting Club' I think.
And the abbreviation?

Ooh, let me guess:

Racers That Drift Casually?

Racers like Tristan who think Drifting is Cool?

Edit: Ah, too late. Got it.
hey, thats actually a really good one i like it, we might use it if it's not copyrighted

Racers That Drift Casually <==

but yes, it was originally Racers Trying to Drift Club
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Hmm, sounds like a fun idea
drumroll please...

I have just found a great teacher for those who are in this club. Sam Aardema, also known as »SWC*Diesel, has graciously agreed to instruct club members in the ways of drift.

Some of his accomplishments include:

- Organisation and Judging of the Inertia Grand Prix (IGP)
- Team Leader of SWC (the Sideways Crew)
- Co-Leader of KMC (Kakudo Manji Club, a club for the VERY ELITE (best of the best of the best) drifters in LFS)
- D1GP Seeded Driver

He will be using the name µ SaM

Thank you very much!
Glad to hear you guys are giving drifting a fair chance. Sam is a great guy and I'm sure you will have lots of fun in the world of drift.
Thanks for the introduction there, Rev. I'll be happy to help out here and do my share in this great initiative.

There have been alot of misunderstandings about it. To fully understand drifting and its community you need a close look to what it's all about and what the people are like.

Besides that, this is gonna be alot of fun. And I'm more than happy to teach anyone to drift no matter what driving style you prefer, drifting, dragging or racing, but the general idea is to give racers a chance to get to know some drifting of course.
So if you're interested in getting down the basics rules to advanced techniques, sign up and enjoy!
Sounds like a good idea rev.
I don't usually hang around these board often, but I can be reached at www.lfs-torque.net (Sil80Style), or by MSN (PM me for MSN).

I'm currently the team leader of RS*R, and I may be available to teach (still getting information from revmonkey about the hours and such). I think this is a great opportunity to showcase the drifting community, and to also sharpen drifting skills. Drifting skills may improve driving ability as well, by teaching the driver to control slides.

If any of you guys see me around on a server, feel free to ask for tips or any help!

-RS*R Sil80Style
#13 - thd
Funny.
-
((SaM)) DELETED by (SaM)
Yea, true, drifting will also improve your general driving skill when it comes to controlling oversteer.
As another Sam said before (SamH); "A driver who can combine both disciplines, in my opinion, is a MASTER of driving. An LFS "DaVinci".

Quote from thd :Funny.

?
Be a gent and share your fun.
Well, why not. I might be interested to learn something new and if it helps me to improve my driving, why not

So if the window is still open:
racer name - RTDC Name
fin.Hyperactive - [RTDC]Hyperaktive
hmmm i guess i dont even qualify as a racer considering how little time i had for lfs the past few month ^^
Quote from Shotglass :hmmm i guess i dont even qualify as a racer considering how little time i had for lfs the past few month ^^

but you're on the forums no worries, come out an join up!
hmmm if you actually want me to join ... so what ... i guess it can only help to find my way back to the lfs addiction

Shot - [rtdc] Powah
Quote from thd :Funny.

well thanks for ruining the mood.
Good to see interest in the project.
I'm currently in the progress of making lessons.
Ok hey I'd like to try it!

Z06Vette - [RTDC]Edsel
If you people don't mind, I could join in the sessions and throw in a couple tips too. I'm not much of a teacher but I could try to help as good as I can.
Interesting idea, maybe like what Toni have said, I can bring my team along for the help.
#24 - thd
Quote from (SaM) :Be a gent and share your fun.

Learn to drift, but use a different name...and don't forget the tag in front of your name

Hey, I'm easily amused
If the window is still open for more, then drift is something that could catch more of my interests in LFS again - something new (despite not being a great racer, I do get bored )

the_angry_angel - [RTDC]taa

[rtdc]
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG