The online racing simulator
#1 - Riel
Selectable tire change and amound of (max) wear
First of all, well, i read about posting of this improvement before, but serious, never found it... I also did not notice it in 'the suggestions list', but I know there must be people mentioned it.

Also, what problem I have?

The <10 >90% tire wear thing. I can't use it, and even lost some races trough it. I often JUSt want my front tires to be changed. So I have to gamble what setting I should take. Resulting in having to pit twice, when I set it too low so I had no tire changed.

I have a long race coming up now, and have a lot of trouble with my LF tire. I need to change it before 40 laps, the other tires will last. Having to change them all is not best option, and having the risk of changing none also is not. For now, I'll live with it But hope to see the possibility descriped now in future:

Also, there are some options to solve it:

1)
First, show maximum tirewear in percentages. Not the amount of blue/green thread or weakest flat spot.
why not? Real racers don't have this luxury, they don't know exact how bad they tires are. So we shoudn't too

2)
Just add the option what wheel should be changed. So I can say change LF and RF or LR and LF whatever.

When a topic exists, please point me to that direction/discussion. Then, sorry for double post.
Quote from Riel :First of all, well, i read about posting of this improvement before, but serious, never found it... I also did not notice it in 'the suggestions list', but I know there must be people mentioned it.

Also, what problem I have?

The <10 >90% tire wear thing. I can't use it, and even lost some races trough it. I often JUSt want my front tires to be changed. So I have to gamble what setting I should take. Resulting in having to pit twice, when I set it too low so I had no tire changed.

I have a long race coming up now, and have a lot of trouble with my LF tire. I need to change it before 40 laps, the other tires will last. Having to change them all is not best option, and having the risk of changing none also is not. For now, I'll live with it But hope to see the possibility descriped now in future:

Also, there are some options to solve it:

1)
First, show maximum tirewear in percentages. Not the amount of blue/green thread or weakest flat spot.
why not? Real racers don't have this luxury, they don't know exact how bad they tires are. So we shoudn't too

2)
Just add the option what wheel should be changed. So I can say change LF and RF or LR and LF whatever.

When a topic exists, please point me to that direction/discussion. Then, sorry for double post.

I don´t know about how I could put comment on this...I say -0.5 because very good idea but not yet at the moment
Option 2 should really had been there for ages.
#4 - bbman
I'm proposing a completely new way of handling tyre changes:

Get rid of this tyre wear percentage thing and the hidden "do/do not want to have repairs done" and have it done by a popup... LfS already recognizes when you're crossing the pit entry line, so why not capitalize on that?

Here how I think it would work (screens attached, excuse my crude paintings):
1. You decide you have to pit, and so you cross the pit entry line... In the moment you do that, a menu box like the old F12 menu pops up where it graphically displays what you can change... In my view it should all be red (for do not change) everytime you drive into the pits - this would make it more memorable since it's more likely you'd only want one or two things and be outta there already and after a bit of adjusting, you'd manage the pitmenu by body memory rather than consciously looking... Plus, I'd tie the pit menu options to the numpad keys - a) they're not used thus far and b) it would only need one hand to change the options, keeping one still on the wheel...
2. You've decided you need new front tyres and a refill (will go into that later), but wouldn't bother with repairs... So that would be 7, 9 and 5... The part that should be changed now lights green instead of red (colours configurable in interface menu?)
3. You stop and your crew is doing exactly what you ordered when you crossed the pit entry line...

Now to the issue of refuelling: I propose two ways...
1. The amount of fuel that goes into the car is still managed by garage/F12-menu, or
2. 8 and 2 on the numpad would become an increase/decrease fuel amount button, with the exact amount shown over the fuel icon and the repair-option moved to 4 or 6...
Personally, I'd prefer how it's done now, since pitlanes can be quite short - too short to adjust the fuel greatly in time before the stop...
Attached images
pitmenu.jpg
pitmenu2.jpg
stop.jpg
It would be nice, the only problem is for people with laptops, most of those which don't have numpads...
#6 - Riel
Just installed PilFius to overcome those problems but allright, that's offtopic

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG