-Flogging Molly
-The Pogues
-The Peelers
-Greenland Whalefishers
-Great Big Sea

for so far my music taste :P
#28 - robt
:O forgot about flogging molly! though really thats folk punk country rock
Although not strictly punk I'd say Bad Brains and Pere Ubu and some of Biafra's projects.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
Then Refused.

Refused is (was) pretty awesome. New Noise and Deadly Rhythm are my top two from them.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Dropkick Murphys as well... Dirty Glass, Johnny I hardly Knew Ye' and Boys on the Docks are my favorite songs by them I think... but they've got a lot of great stuff.

Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :well, iTunes considers Rise Against Punk Rock. I also listen to Breaking Benjamin, and iTunes considers that just rock. How about Bullet For My Valentine

BFMV falls under the "Pussy Bullsh*t" category.
Quote from MAGGOT :

I don't actually mind BFMV.

They're like 'metal-lite' for getting kids interested and from there into the better stuff.
Minor Threat - Salad Days, Cashing In, or Good Guys (Don't Waer White)
Quote from MAGGOT :Refused is (was) pretty awesome. New Noise and Deadly Rhythm are my top two from them.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Dropkick Murphys as well... Dirty Glass, Johnny I hardly Knew Ye' and Boys on the Docks are my favorite songs by them I think... but they've got a lot of great stuff.

im going to delete them anyway. they do suck.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I don't actually mind BFMV.

They're like 'metal-lite' for getting kids interested and from there into the better stuff.

I don't think I've seen anyone go from BFMV to better music. I've seen people go from good music to BFMV, and then on to Country, though.
Quote from MAGGOT :I don't think I've seen anyone go from BFMV to better music. I've seen people go from good music to BFMV, and then on to Country, though.

COUNTRY! OH SH**! well, good thing I'm deleting it. So where would Three Days Grace file in?
I love Yellowcard
It's all crap - although got to admit that White Wedding by Billy Idol is a rather good tune.

Metal up your arse.
Quote from Electric Eye :It's all crap - although got to admit that White Wedding by Billy Idol is a rather good tune.

Metal up your arse.

so, Billy Idol is metal right? cause last time i checked, this was a rock thread.
Billy Idol - punk rock?
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :COUNTRY! OH SH**! well, good thing I'm deleting it. So where would Three Days Grace file in?

More or less the same area... but I like them..

.. I know. I suck.
Operation Ivy
The Clash
The Ramones
Sex Pistols
Minor Threat
Dead Kennedys
Crimpshrine
Isocracy
and many more...

Most of what people have listed is either Pop-Punk, or just total garbage. Usually the two go hand in hand... but hey if I was 15 I might think Rise Against is punk too.
Quote from titanLS :Operation Ivy
The Clash
The Ramones
Sex Pistols
Minor Threat
Dead Kennedys
Crimpshrine
Isocracy
and many more...

Most of what people have listed is either Pop-Punk, or just total garbage. Usually the two go hand in hand... but hey if I was 15 I might think Rise Against is punk too.

iTunes considers it Punk. if it isn't then SOOORY. We don't need anymore of your imput. Don't post any of your two cents either.
Quote from MAGGOT :More or less the same area... but I like them..

.. I know. I suck.

you don't suck. it's personal opinion.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :iTunes considers it Punk. if it isn't then SOOORY. We don't need anymore of your imput. Don't post any of your two cents either.

First of all, iTunes wouldn't know punk if punk spit in it's face. Second of all, you asked for people's input. That's what you got. You can't make a thread and then tell people who you don't agree with not to post in it.
I don't really listen to much original punk stuff. Im more of a punk pop/emo rock kind of follower myself. Mainly because my work collegue is in a band who have just been signed to a label.

There is a link in my sig as i dont wanna be accused of spamming now do i.

and yes i know they are a myspace based band so again, i await dead bananas!
Quote from Kalev EST :That´s the first time I agree with you. ENEMY!!!

Wow.

So show us some Estonian punk bands.

punk rock
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG