The online racing simulator
#26 - AMB
Protesting in a fun race, ye... well watch the replay it's not like I saw you, I was going to apologise but tbh, now i'm not
If you have transgressions you wish to protest, post here with lap and timecode (when I up the replays here in a moment) and any infos you want. Also who was involved, pl0x.

d
Hmm. Yeah.

The 'proper' race was rather boring from my PoV. Joe failed at T1 so we were right back. I just ended up pushing really hard to see if I could break my PB, which I couldnt

Then there was the stoppage of the race, which I knew would be interesting cos some people had pitted and others not. IMO Deko made a good decision (which tbh I'd never have thought of).

The second race, I knew I was probably quicker than quite a few of the guys in front of me. But then at the last corner of Lap 1 I made someone roll (SORRY!) by crashing into them. I ended up near the pit entrance so I thought I might as well pit

Forgot to take repair damage off tho :doh:

Then I just really pushed, was catching David and Mike but they were too far ahead

And can I apologise again for putting up an RCM of kk halfway through the first race

I typed in /rcm_all instead of /rcm_ply JO53PHS :doh:
Quote from AMB :Protesting in a fun race, ye... well watch the replay it's not like I saw you, I was going to apologise but tbh, now i'm not

Actually, if you check what was behind you before blindly turning out into the line of traffic you would have easily seen me.
#30 - CSF
Quote from racer hero :Actually, if you check what was behind you before blindly turning out into the line of traffic you would have easily seen me.

A bit like you with 2 cars on your left out of the final turn then Ken?
Well thanks for a great race guys.

Managed a fourth place in qual which i was quite happy with. Race went off and i got up to third place after the first few corners, seeing the top two in the distance ahead...I thought it was going to stay that way when thinking about their almost half a second faster qual time, but i got up to them after a not too long period of time. Had a nice little battle there, although some contact where made between the two guys infront and some backmarkers. This led to some fast position swapping, and it ended with me eventually taking the lead from Niki. To my big surprise i actually managed to keep the lead for almost an hour, before i had to pit. I pitted, and fell down to third. Then, the fxo leader(can't remember the name :shy pitted and i was second.

Then the server crashed. Bummer!

On top of that, my friend called me just after the server had crashed and told me that i had to hurry down to his work, and deliver some keys. Therefore i had to skip race two. Hope it went well

Will the brodcast from race 1 be availible for download?
The first race wasn't really exciting because I was alone for most of the time. Additionally some TBO drivers were a bit over-zealous, making me lose 10 - 20 seconds by bumping me off the driving line.

Funnily enough the server crashed at the same time when my right front tyre popped.

The second race was awesome in the last 15 minutes because I had some nice fights with Michael - along with a photo finish. Thanks for the fight Michael and sorry for some bumps here and there!
Quote from shaun463 :I came and got banned instantly :S.

do you finally see that you CANNOT DRIVE!!!

and i had a nice fight with Patrick, although he got knocked by Murray.... otherwise he would of overtook me
Quote from J@tko :Joe failed at T1 so we were right back.

I did not fail at T1, WTF would you have done if there was a car spinning towards you in your braking zone, with cars close to your side

Quote from audimasta :Well thanks for a great race guys.

Managed a fourth place in qual which i was quite happy with. Race went off and i got up to third place after the first few corners, seeing the top two in the distance ahead...I thought it was going to stay that way when thinking about their almost half a second faster qual time, but i got up to them after a not too long period of time. Had a nice little battle there, although some contact where made between the two guys infront and some backmarkers. This led to some fast position swapping, and it ended with me eventually taking the lead from Niki. To my big surprise i actually managed to keep the lead for almost an hour, before i had to pit. I pitted, and fell down to third. Then, the fxo leader(can't remember the name ) pitted and i was second.

Then the server crashed. Bummer!

On top of that, my friend called me just after the server had crashed and told me that i had to hurry down to his work, and deliver some keys. Therefore i had to skip race two. Hope it went well

Will the brodcast from race 1 be availible for download?

Yes it will be, soon

You can watch it at http://newdimensionracing.synthasite.com/ndr-tv-v2.php

If you click menu, and then On demand, and then click the divider bar at the bottom of the video at the bottom of the list to see the other videos
Quote from JO53PHS :
If you click menu, and then On demand, and then click the divider bar at the bottom of the video at the bottom of the list to see the other videos

Thank you
i got involved in the t1 incident and really didnt feel like continueing when i was already a full lap behind, so it was a rather short race for me

but i had fun watching the stream
I feel so horrible for crashing out someone at the fast chicane on the back straight, as soon as I went to lap him I realised I was going to hit him and couldn't steer away and he spun.

I didn't catch who it was but I'm really sorry.

Anyone got the final standings?

Oh and by the way, awesome battle with De Souza all the way through the first half of the race, some great passes.
Quote from mcintyrej :
Anyone got the final standings?

You better be havin' a larf...

Deko will post the provisional results tommorrow, but we can't put out final results until incidents are investigated and the results are aggregated to take into account those that rejoined after crashes/discos
Quote from G!NhO :and i had a nice fight with Patrick, although he got knocked by Murray.... otherwise he would of overtook me

At least you admit it.

And it's without "c".
Quote from zeugnimod :At least you admit it.

And it's without "c".

but it was very stange, at first i was few seconds behind you and suddenly you went slower and i was on your tail. then we had the battle, and yu got pushed by him and the gap became bigger and bigger.

and i had almost 0% fuel when i got back in pits the tank was empty :P
Quote from G!NhO :but it was very stange, at first i was few seconds behind you and suddenly you went slower and i was on your tail.

You caught me. :hide:

I was doing it kinda on purpose since I didn't want to drive alone for the reamining 20 minutes and I knew I had no chance of catching Jack and Niki anyway.
Quote from zeugnimod :You caught me. :hide:

I was doing it kinda on purpose since I didn't want to drive alone for the reamining 20 minutes and I knew I had no chance of catching Jack and Niki anyway.

oh ok, thats nice
The event was okay...Basically I had about 2 rather short battles in the 2 hours, partially caused by me choosing the wrong set :doh: and partially from me just not being very good, partially caused by lack of practice and experience and partially from me just not being very good. I enjoyed the 30 min second race more than 30 mins of the first, but the first was better. CBA to post a report of my races, they can be summed up into "Last, only cars near me were lapping me." Oh, and I'm not gonna comment on the epic server failure.

The quality of the lapping wasn't great, not because of how the TBOs got by me, but where. I thought "Can't you just lift off slightly and go by me on the straight after this pretty tight chicane, rather than give me a hefty thump and put us both at risk" more than once. Some people I had no trouble with, others seemingly just did not think. Got ass raped by an otherwise clean G!Nho, (his words, not mine :razz thanks for apologising, it was a mistake, no worries (as long as you spell m name right! Two
ls!)
, its behaviour like niall murray's at 1: 13 :30 that annoys me. No protest or nuffink, just don't do it again, k?

Having said all that negative tosh, pobody's nerfect, and I made quite a few errors - just spent 5 mins looking for that guy I sent into the wall while he was recovering from his spin...kinda dangerous move, but I could have avoided thumping you, so sorry.

Gawd, why am I so negative? It was a great way to fill a friday evening, shaddap Tim, just shaddap! Hoping for some more NDR events in the near future...snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?

EDIT: I know it has been asked hundreds of times before, but what's happening to the drivers in the first race who didn't pit?
I'd just like to thanks XFusion|Andy for showing great sportsmanship in the 30 min race.
I retired from the second race, I was driving without sound and no FFB so it was imposible to tell when I was going to start sliding and I didn't want to hit anyone so I decided to leave.

The first race was a little bit boring, I started in 7th or 8th position, can't remember exactly, and in the T1 wreck i was able to go though a clear path and get behind Arrow in 2nd place, and stayed there for the whole first hour, I was on 40% fuel so when I stoped I changed the front right and refilled, that took long enough to leave pits 3rd, and then I lost position and ended 4th due to some mistakes, then I was gaining some time on the 3rd and the server went down

I challenge anyone to drive while there's a reggae garage band reharcing behind you xD
Replay 7Zip package is up.

I'm running the Qual and the second half first, and will run the first half during the weekend. Stats will be appearing shortly.

d
Quote from mcintyrej :I feel so horrible for crashing out someone at the fast chicane on the back straight, as soon as I went to lap him I realised I was going to hit him and couldn't steer away and he spun.

I didn't catch who it was but I'm really sorry.

Sounds like that was me. I was really wondering why you wanted to overtake in the chicane but oh well. Thanks for the apology
IMO the TBOs were pretty good when lapping me

I only ever had to let off the throttle to let them past once, when [noobs] overtook me coming into the 2nd chicane
Quote from J@tko :I only ever had to let off the throttle to let them past once, when [noobs] overtook me coming into the 2nd chicane

Very nice and fun we had last night.
I want to thank admins for organization and everyone for fair battle and great sportsmanship.
STD cars were little harsh to pass sometimes, but what can I say else then it just made things more interesting
Two hours race and pit stop strategies were lots of fun too.
I'm sorry that our server failed (probably caused by 500servers failure). That was only bad moment of the evening, kinda pissed me off, hehe.
Then we had another short race, too bad that Enersen left, we could have had more fun.

Also links for my setups, you never know, maybe you'll need them sometimes in future

XRT Hotlap
XRT Endurance

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG