The online racing simulator
Presenting Experion Racing
(169 posts, started )
No sorry, its just so much easier to blame you two
We are very pleased to announce Oliver Schopf to our line up, Oliver is brand new to S2 and was spotted on CTRA Single Seater 1, we admired his versatility in cars he has never even driven before the trial, setting times amazing for people that were brand new to S2, we wish him drivers a successful future in our colours, and hope he has a good time with us,
He had already applied to join us......

Not clever or big guys
Quote from jasonmatthews :He had already applied to join us......

Not clever or big guys

Sorry mate, obviously we had no idea who he applied for, he is new to LFS, and he will learn the ropes, sorry
James
No problem, I would suggest his first lesson is in LFS community etiquette then, before he gets on the track
Quote from jasonmatthews :No problem, I would suggest his first lesson is in LFS community etiquette then, before he gets on the track

Ok, he has good manners as a rule, he obviously isn't too clued in just yet, we hope to brief him soon, and we hope no harm was done to you and SR in any way
Ok, my fault guys, i apologize to all, both teams, i really mixed up things here. Anyways, i joined ERT, i found a bunch of great guys and im sticking to it, its great to be here and it´ll be even better.
Gonchi.lfs FOR THE WIN!
As someone already spoke about the LFS community etiquette,
As one of the Team Managers from Triple 7 Racing I also would like to say something:

Quote from pacesetter :...We have changed our team tag also from [IE] to ERT|...

Looks like you also changed the colours of your team tag again.
I could live with the blue one (see your quote) but (see attached picture) this is more then similar to the Tag we are using online since 2004.

- The same colours as our Tag
- Almost the same letters (in diff. order)
- Only one different "letter" E instead of 7
- Even the streak | is the same

Is that really necessary?

Like it is now it's hard to tell who belongs to wich team etc. and
as much as we at Triple 7 Racing like that others are making us an hommage, we would like to see that you guys would think about your team tag again.

Thank You.
Attached images
who is who.jpg
Err... anything in blue and containing three letters will look the same since it's such an awful colour you can't tell which letters they are. And you can't have blue all to yourself.
Quote from pacesetter :Sorry mate, obviously we had no idea who he applied for, he is new to LFS, and he will learn the ropes, sorry Jason

Quote from hyntty :Err... anything in blue and containing three letters will look the same since it's such an awful colour you can't tell which letters they are. And you can't have blue all to yourself.

I you would have read my post more properly then you would see that your post doesn't make much sense.

I'm not talking about blue colour.
I also said I can live with the tag shown in post#1.
I'm talking about that it now looks almost the same
(especially with the yellow | behind the letters).

We have used it like this in the last years without any problems
because other teams tried to be more creative to find something
more unique (even if it is one simple thing that make it look different).
That's all I've asked for.
No. I think it's preposterous that three almost same letters in a completely different order (excluding the | here for a moment) is what you consider somehow plagiarism. The only thing that they have in common really is the colour. (And a colour in which, in game you can't tell any letters apar from each other so no one will notice any difference no matter what you put there).
Quote from hyntty :No. I think it's preposterous that three almost same letters in a completely different order (excluding the | here for a moment) is what you consider somehow plagiarism. The only thing that they have in common really is the colour. (And a colour in which, in game you can't tell any letters apar from each other so no one will notice any difference no matter what you put there).

Why excluding the | ?
That is exactly the point.
The question is is it necessary to use something that look that similar?

Would you be happy if others would choose a tag similar to your teams tag
Just as an example:
[NR0]Name
[NDR]
Name

Would you then say it's just the colours that make it look similar?
It's not only the colours it's also the other stuff, the whole tag, that makes it look almost the same.
But if you don't get it or don't think like that, it's ok for me.
As it's not really your business or are you part of ERT to whom I adressed my original post.

They just started the team then changed their Tag, shouldn't be the problem to change it again
just a tiny little bit to not let it look like our Team tag.
Things like that belong for me to the LFS community etiquette.
I'm not going to argue over this any further. It won't change the fact that similar =/= the same

And even if you do have a fair point, which I'm not saying you necessarily even have, after such a hostile post I wouldn't change anything if I was in the shoes of ER(T). (You at no point used the word please, you only demanded them to do a change.)

But meh, doesn't concern me.
Quote from hyntty :
And even if you do have a fair point, which I'm not saying you necessarily even have, after such a hostile post I wouldn't change anything if I was in the shoes of ER(T). (You at no point used the word please, you only demanded them to do a change.)

But meh, doesn't concern me.

hostile? Looks like you want to see what you wanted to see instead of reading it right
Maybe it's the language barrier again but
I showed what I mean and wrote:
"we would like to see that you guys would think about your team tag again"
That's "english written in a polite manner" like I was teached many years ago.
I didn't really demanded anything anywhere here except that for me the LFS community etiquette would belong to things like that.
:tempted:
Gotta go with BBO here. A bit too similar when there are dozens of other ways to do it.
-
(pacesetter) DELETED by pacesetter
Ok guys .
We have not noticed that tag around so we apologise for that. I have spoken to other manager and we have agreed to change the team tag, we will have new tag as ERT|A.O'Brien but ERT will be white. im sorry for inconveince caused and hope it is resolved with this tag.
Thanks ,
Andy
Quote from aobrien :Ok guys .
We have not noticed that tag around so we apologise for that. I have spoken to other manager and we have agreed to change the team tag, we will have new tag as ERT|A.O'Brien but ERT| will be white. im sorry for inconveince caused and hope it is resolved with this tag.
Thanks ,
Andy

Fair play boys, you seem to be making a few mistakes but your attitude when it has been pointed out to you is very good

Good luck with the team!
Quote from jasonmatthews :Fair play boys, you seem to be making a few mistakes but your attitude when it has been pointed out to you is very good

Good luck with the team!

Thanks mate.May put it down to a bit of inexperience but it's no excuse, hope tag is ok now. Any objections please pm me.

Andy
Quote from aobrien :Ok guys .
We have not noticed that tag around so we apologise for that. I have spoken to other manager and we have agreed to change the team tag, we will have new tag as ERT|A.O'Brien but ERT| will be white. im sorry for inconveince caused and hope it is resolved with this tag.
Thanks ,
Andy

Thank you that's more than ok for us

Maybe you just forgot that you and N.Murray have driven with one of our T7R drivers (three_jump) in the Murray Motorsport Cup where he also used our Tag and the colours.
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=71413&d=1227818163

Nevertheless thank you for your cooperation and good luck with your Team.

Presenting Experion Racing
(169 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG