The online racing simulator
is this engine a waste?
(69 posts, started )
is this engine a waste?
ok. im posting a picture of the biggest car engine in production right now. it's Chevrolet's 572. it is a 9.5 liter, and you can get it in either 620 hp, or 750 hp. i think it's a waste because thats too much power, its probably very heavy, and why make your car have worse handling? also, this is random, but where is the engine in the gold cuda? that is the second attachment.
#2 - amp88
I can't see this thread going very well. Are you trying to start an "American engines are inefficient" debate/flamewar? No-one needs a 9.5 litre engine in their car but some people want then. If some people want them then someone will make them available. If you think it's wasteful/inefficient/overkill then you're entitled to your opinion.

/thread
I think that car is built for a "wheelie contest" where they see how long of a wheelie the driver can do down the track. Hence the huge wheelie and the advertisements on the bottom of the car. And the lack of a wheelie bar, lack of any kind of wing for downforce, etc.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I think that car is built for a "wheelie contest" where they see how long of a wheelie the driver can do down the track. Hence the huge wheelie and the advertisements on the bottom of the car. And the lack of a wheelie bar, lack of any kind of wing for downforce, etc.

And the engine in the back? :P
Quote from Klutch :And the engine in the back? :P

Haha, I hadn't noticed that at first.
Yeah the engine would be where you see the pipes coming down from. And yes that car is built for wheelie contests.
you need to stop posting threads now.. you posted like 5 useless threads allready today.
man i would love that engine in a old school muscel car put a 6/71 or 8/71 on it and use it as a daily driver

how much is one of them engine's?? 15k usd?
Quote from Klutch :And the engine in the back? :P

ding ding! you got it! first person too!
Quote from mutt107 :you need to stop posting threads now.. you posted like 5 useless threads allready today.

hey i got two words for you... shut up. do i care if i posted useless crap? no. lfs forum is a community where people can come and share ideas and where others can agree, disagree, give a bunch of crap to them (hey, sounds like you!), or have a good laugh about it. so far today, im 3 of my posts, everyone did what YOU did in here. Say something about the topics, or just don't even post your sh** in here. besides, you made a thread about BACON!
Quote from MAD3.0LT :man i would love that engine in a old school muscel car put a 6/71 or 8/71 on it and use it as a daily driver

how much is one of them engine's?? 15k usd?

yeah. idk, maybe this engine might not be a waste. i realized, they could use it in the Baja 1000. so, i change my mind. it's a great engine. and you were close to the price. its an $18,000 engine.
This is perfect bait for the HP/Liter debate

I wonder if LFSForums had its fair share yet
It's very, very easy to get 600bhp out of a much smaller, lighter engine (F1 cars are 2.5 litre IIRC) so something that big is a touch unnecessary,

However, 9 liter V8 will sound AMAZING
Quote from Crashgate3 :It's very, very easy to get 600bhp out of a much smaller, lighter engine (F1 cars are 2.5 litre IIRC) so something that big is a touch unnecessary,

However, 9 liter V8 will sound AMAZING

The reason for such a big literage is for the torque available from nearly idle. Which is what a drag car/wheelie car needs. Having HP/Torque at a high rpm like you would have in a smaller engine wastes time that a drag racer doesn't really have.

A SB 'can' reach this much HP, but powerbands are more likely to be higher, with less torque. A forced induction engine, while still capable, wastes even more time and is extremely difficult to to tune accurately for each launch because the power is constantly changing dramatically as the weather changes. A roots will have parasitic losses at the end of the run, cutting down trap speeds. A centrifuge will have lag and parasitic losses...

Even waiting .5 seconds for turbo spool is too much for a drag racer when their race can last as little as 5 seconds.

http://www.gmperformanceparts. ... ku=12498827&engCat=bb

MSRP was over $20,000
A 9 litre engine is such a waste, I think we should move to alternative fuels and start saving the planet.

This is why I would like to use the 4016 TESI Gas Engine from Perkins. It's only a 61 litre V16, perfect for environmentaly conscious motoring.

The smaller 4012. Cant find piccy of the V16.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :hey i got two words for you... shut up. do i care if i posted useless crap? no.

While I agree that there are far more useless threads than this one I can't see you being here for long with that attitude.
You want one of these:

18,200 litre straight-10 diesel.

(from a ship, obviously )
to quote a old saying
their is no replacement for displacement
and
if you want more inch's stroke it (mostly v8 people should understand this)

anyways i love it i have allway's loved big blocks
Quote from Crashgate3 :You want one of these:

Dude, we're going to need a serious rethink on the chasis and have to find some really really big tyres, ok.
When I'm a billionaire, I'm going to buy an ocean-going tanker, 100,000 acres in the arizona desert and convert it with giant wheels so I can drive it about.

Probably.
Quote from Crashgate3 :You want one of these:

(from a ship, obviously )

"The 14-cylinder Wärtsilä RT-flex96C engine is also the world’s most powerful engine with an output of 80,080 kW (108,920 bhp) at 102 rpm."

Got a poster of that one on the wall at work, not had any work from one (yet) though.
So in that case handling isn't an issue as stated in the first comment since it's purely made for straight line performance.

It sounds beautiful though.
Quote from Crashgate3 :When I'm a billionaire, I'm going to buy an ocean-going tanker, 100,000 acres in the arizona desert and convert it with giant wheels so I can drive it about.

Probably.

I'm going to steal some of your liners engines and put them into a go kart.

is this engine a waste?
(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG