The online racing simulator
New track for cruise servers ?
(33 posts, started )
New track for cruise servers ?
Hello,

in LFS there are more cruise servers, then i have a idea.
Is it posible to ask to LFS team to make a track for cruise server.

A track with a town part, with crossover , park, shop, bank, home..., and red light to prevent accidents.
And around the town , a higway with exit to go into the town.

I think it's not easy to make a track as this, but it will very funny
bye
Use Search function!
use the nice Search function on Forum !

-999999 cuz sugested much times ago

it makes me:gnasher::arge::something:chair:
Maybe LFS community will have Track Editor in future, maybe not

But i dont think that LFS devs will make a track only for cruising.
Sorry, but LOL.
track editor?

dont think so cuz everybody need the track then the dedihost or hoster dont "sends" you the track.

Or it will be so than at the Patches

Klick on server:
Downloading Plugins......
Cruise Track
Sirens
Skins
And around the town , a higway with exit to go into the town.

Ohh yes lool please a high way around the town ...
I cant wait to exit the highway and go into the town
But then people will want another town to drive too and then the will want places to go when not cruzing and then it will become a cross between Sim City and NFSU and then people want have a life oh but wait people already don't have a life

I don't see the big deal on cruise... YES it's a racing simulator! But cruisers also bring more customers.
why dont we make it people can get out of the cars and you can interact with the other people oh wait lets make it so we can have sex and go shoping and watch movies.....

wtf seriously if you want to cruise around town and have fun play mafia
This is a RACING simulator!
tbh a perfect 'track' for cruising would be as7 with all the connecting bits (lol i know it sounds stupid but cant think ewhat to call them) not blocked giving more option as to were it goes and i think that would be as far as nesesary to go.

lfs is a racing sim and although i use cruise servers and like them i think there are more impoortant things ont the racing side to be adressed far before more cruise track choice
I wauld sai
All we need is a big track with road marks on it Like sauth city only all turns open ? is that hard to make one track with all open roads i mean all turn opened ? who understands me ?
Implementing free-roaming is a bit harder than creating one open track. This is the impression i got from previous such discussions. Rendering angles and all that stuff..
to do a cruise track using south city would be time consuming due to having to model the roads wereas (going back to my previous exampe) all the alternative as routs are already modeled, the work would be in the programming to get ls to run a track with multiple routes
I think this cruising (BS) should be taken to a game like GTA 4. I think you will find it much more suitable.
Rofl....
#18 - RS1T
Another thread goes down in flames...

I know it is a racing sim, but there is no need for all these cruising hate comments. I thought flaming cruisers was supposed to be stopped here, but as i can see nothing has changed
Quote from RS1T :Another thread goes down in flames...

I know it is a racing sim, but there is no need for all these cruising hate comments. I thought flaming cruisers was supposed to be stopped here, but as i can see nothing has changed

It's just that some people can't understand or stand that others can have different taste than theirs. A lack of maturity I guess.

For the city thing first it would not be faisable by just one artist and It would be some kind of betrayal regarding their first commitment!
I am sorry, but I did not find any hatred comments here toward cruisers.
No insults, no cruisers are noobs but pretty mature sarcasm

Cruisers should not be protected more from racers than racers are from each other about the flame risking and so... It would create more segregation !
And since this is the improvement suggestion, the rule "You don't like it, you don't post, you don't read and you avoid the thread" doesn't take place here, otherwise Scavier would have a bunch of crap to implement, if people did not express negative opinions...
how many threads are people gonna make about this? I have read atleast 50+ threads on this topic.

The physics engine will not allow a town map or free roam because it can't handle it.
Quote from NoYPiDRiFTER :
The physics engine will not allow a town map or free roam because it can't handle it.

I am not supporting the idea, but then what about AutoX areas and the Skidpad. There is no laps involved, it's freeroam and you don't need a lyt to drive on it

As someone said here already (and I can't remember his name I'm sorry), the trick would be to add a solid underneath everywhere in the track, remove barriers, and make it behave like AutoX
It's more like the core of LFS that won't support it. I guess it's something about the size or whatever, IIRC even Scawen once said that that how the game is build up now that wouldn't be possible.

The car parks are fairly little actually btw.
Quote from RS1T :Another thread goes down in flames...

Awww, i feel so bad for you . You poor cruisers are so mistreated.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG