(13 posts, started )
Real FBM racer
Hello any real FBM racer plays FBM on lfs??? Want to ask something
Scawen drove FBM in real life.

But he's not a racer
#3 - 5haz
I wish.
Scawen is one of 3 LFS developers?
Quote from L@gger :Hello any real FBM racer plays FBM on lfs??? Want to ask something

There are plenty of real life racers on here, with varying experiance in touring cars and single seaters, not sure any of them have raced a Formula BMW though.
#7 - evans
I did a two-day license course in a Formula BMW in Valencia two years ago.
Quote from evans :I did a two-day license course in a Formula BMW in Valencia two years ago.

wow, and what is your impressions? Is fbm in lfs comparable to real one? Or how close is fbm in lfs to real one?
Quote from Superobo :wow, and what is your impressions? Is fbm in lfs comparable to real one? Or how close is fbm in lfs to real one?

Quote from jasonmatthews :My teammate has raced it in RL, [SR] Kristjan. He posted his impressions here : http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 785&highlight=kekkart

Had a quick look at this and I do agree with his point on the rear end. I think this has a lot more to do with the fact that you can feel the forces in real life, which does make it a lot easier to correct oversteer and so forth.

Basically the overall level of grip and the balance is pretty well done in LFS, and what makes it different from real life are the things that we can't reproduce on the computer like actually feeling the acceleration, the braking, the cornering, the small bumps in the road.

Another difference I think is that the top speed seems to be just a little bit higher in LFS than in real life. Granted the car I drove was limited to a few hundred RPM less than the cars used in the races, but still it only did 215 km/h down the straight at Valencia. And the National configuration, which was the one I drove, isn't exactly a high-downforce configuration. Compare that to 225 or even more down the Blackwood straight in LFS.

Real FBM racer
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG