The online racing simulator
Gradually Decreasing FPS
(43 posts, started )
Damn. I like Hannah's hair. Turns out it's just a wig. Oh well.
I thought I'd also say that 54% (1.09GB) of the memory is being used atm
You should spend a weekend just cleaning all the shit off your PC, get a couple of programs (I can't recommend any, but mostly it's just a matter of un-installing things you don't want). Hopefully that'll give you some positive results
I do try to keep minimal amounts of shit, but when I go through all my shit, I find that most of it is good shit

Hmm... Maybe I've finally found a use for my 6 unused Blu Ray discs!

EDIT: I've managed to gain about 2FPS by closing VAIO Update, BBC Iplayer download manager, and Creative Sync Manager, all of which were in the system tray, running sneakily :P
edit: irrelevant.
Well I'm on Vista, and I'd assume it uses a few more processes
i've had this problem and whe the new patch came out a few patches back Scawen said it would increase my FPS it did a little then i maxed all the graphics out and it acually gave me even more FPS up to about 30 then it went down very quick to 20FPS and i am always averaging 20FPS
I think the only way it will ever get any better is if I Format C: and reinstall windoze.. because nothing else (not even turning off AA) works
#34 - need
Vista shouldn't be running any more than 40-60, and that's without messing around with the services.msc
Mine currently runs with 57, and that's with me allowing things to run which don't really need to be running.
Yeah, i love the services.msc! Im on XP sp3 and had about 65 processes running on mine when i got it. I now have 34 processes running, that also includes antivirus and firewall running as well. It is true what they say, every process is using just that bit more of your resources. Plus vista is from what i am told, very demanding, and particularly memory hungry as well.
I set my dads pc up from this page,

http://www.techtalkz.com/windo ... -run-shutdown-faster.html

Be sure to also check the link on there to blackvipers service configurations, It helped me with dads pc SO much.

I also removed the highly crap and PC crippling Norton Antivrus, Disabled the windoze firewall, and installed for him, AVG 8.0 Antivirus, Zonealarm Firewall, Ccleaner, JKDefrag, Lavasoft Adaware SE and Advanced Windowscare V2.

Despite installing 7 new programs, All of which are completely free by the way, his machine runs at least 30% quicker than it ever did before.

I can only assume that a PC that is running faster and with less processes can only help with the FPS issue.
Ditch the task manager, get Process Explorer, gives you more information and graphs, and showing you all of the processes - start killing some off to see what happens, and whats using resources.
Quote from DarkTimes :
If not, then go to Start > Run > "msconfig" > Startup

Is that all of the crap that runs at startup?
#38 - need
Yep, all the non-windows stuff anyway.
Check it through for the things you don't want to start automatically each time you start the computer, and un-tick them.
Depending on what you have installed, there might be some that you do want to leave ticked.
m
my fps does like 4-30 huh?:doh:
and all setups is minimum

and online is all says "ur lagg" and then "you lag 60..."
Some things

1) A new problem (or maybe just a three-off?). A windoze display driver (same one) has randomly stopped working (causing a screen blackout) three times today. I dunno if it's just random or a sign that my PC is dieing

2) I discovered Windoze ReadyBoost. Basically its something that uses a USB stick a bit like RAM... I think. Is that worth a try? :P
Quote from JO53PHS :
2) I discovered Windoze ReadyBoost. Basically its something that uses a USB stick a bit like RAM... I think. Is that worth a try? :P

small bump.

I recommend you to look at some opinions in forums about that product and use it if they're positive (don't forget to recommend it here, though)
I tried it with my USB stick and it made no difference at all
Strangely, my fps have increased with the last patches, i think i got now steady 20-30 fps even with some cars round me.

Just the autox layouts give me 2-10 fps.

Gradually Decreasing FPS
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG