The online racing simulator
Scirocco - Yawn
(251 posts, started )
If everyone started a thread when there was something they didn't like, this place would be terrible. Fortunately not everyone feels the need to express their displeasure in a separate thread when there's already a perfectly good thread going on about the same car.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I'm happy we've got it. I've *never* been able to get the hang of RWD.

I've *never* been able to get the hang of FWD. So bass-ackwards.
Another way to think about the Scirocco... even if you don't like the car, it's set a new standard for the quality of the car interiors, it's provoked changes to how the wheels are drawn, how the disc brakes look, and how the shadows are drawn. Even if you don't use the Scirocco you will see the benefit of these things. And it'll bring in some new members which will help keep the dev team sustained while they work on other things you DO want to see in LFS. I know it's hard to think of all these things when you're trying to be as negative as possible though...
There are all these haters since they are teasing them about showing the car in viewer, running out of patience to drive the car, then look at the bad side of things to cheer them up. Once the car is released, they'll be praising the LFS team, and drive it for a long time.
Quote from southamptonfc :I've owned 3 VWs - 1 golf gti, 1 vr6 and a corrado vr6 so VW hater I don't think so!

I have driven the vr6s on track and can assure you they are GTs NOT racing cars - and this IS a racing game.

So, if this IS a racing game, XFG, XRG, and UF1 have to be removed too?
#56 - 5haz
Quote from tristancliffe :

But the specs, looks and opinions of me don't matter if it produces good, close racing for everyone. Being FWD it'll be forgiving, which hopefully means more of the grid will be closer for longer = better racing. Look at UF1 racing - superb fun, yet on paper it is the devil's car (underpowered, FWD, ugly etc.)

So, in a change from my usual outlook, I say don't judge a book by it's cover. Don't even rate it after a drive offline. Race it (against other people) and see what it can do for your adrenaline levels.

I think it might be quite good fun (if you are happy to butcher your driving style for the demands of FWD )

What!

Unless you class endless understeer into a tree while cornering as forgiving?
this thread and OP deserves

A> to be deleted
B> the op refused access to next patch
Quote from Hyperactive :
Comparing to nkpro the abarth is tzilliards more times appealing car than this. The solskie from iracing beats this hands down with it's feet in its pockets and head in bushes.

Seeing that none of the work made by Kunos, like the Osella and Trento-Bodone, and the Singtel F1 simulator, ever made it to the public version of Netkar, I´m willing to guess that the closest you´ll get to seeing the Abarth in Netkar, in the near future, will be on Youtube, on the videos of the Bologna Motorshow. And since you, as far as I know, haven´t driven the Scirocco in LFS, what makes you think the Solstice is a better car. After all the Solstice is less powerful than the Scirocco and wheights more or less the same...
But then, I guess that when it cames to being negative about LFS, every argument is valid.
#59 - 5haz
Sometimes you must accept that people like different things than you do, you can't simply label them as '0mg haterz' or '0mg troll' or '0mg flamebaiterzzz', I can think of a few people who love playing that card.

Does it personally affect you wether someone dislikes the Scirocco?

If it bothers you so much that people have different ideas, then leave the thread well alone and it will go away.

Or you can report the thread, although last time I tried that the admins did sod all so there's probrably no point.
#60 - Kaw
Quote from southamptonfc :
I have driven the vr6s on track and can assure you they are GTs NOT racing cars - and this IS a racing game.

Okay, so your saying that slow cars arent good for racing?
just think of how much fun/racing can be sqeezed out of the XFG and UF1.

Both these cars are slow but alot of fun and good for close. slow racing.

The scirroco will be like the XFG and UF1. Fun, good to race and something new and fresh to look at
#62 - 5haz
Quote from Kaw :Okay, so your saying that slow cars arent good for racing?

It doesn't matter if a car has little power, so long as it isn't front wheel drive, of course there are plenty of exceptions, if set up correctly and with stiff enough suspension, FWD's can handly fairly well.
#63 - Kaw
Quote from 5haz :It doesn't matter if a car has little power, so long as it isn't front wheel drive, of course there are plenty of exceptions, if set up correctly and with stiff enough suspension, FWD's can handly fairly well.

Why cant it be FWD? Im trying to understand you guys hate FWD?
Because the driven wheels have to cope with steering, whilst the rear wheels sit there underused shouting "if only I could propel you".

Great for packaging. Poor for driving pleasure generally.
-
(Kaw) DELETED by Kaw
#65 - Kaw
Quote from tristancliffe :Because the driven wheels have to cope with steering, whilst the rear wheels sit there underused shouting "if only I could propel you".

Great for packaging. Poor for driving pleasure generally.

And again, that makes it less fun to drive? I seriously dont get it?
Remember that some people like soup, some people dont. I happend to be one of the guys that like the FWD, you obviously dont. How does it make the car worse that the steered wheels are driven?
Quote from Furiously-Fast :There are all these haters since they are teasing them about showing the car in viewer, running out of patience to drive the car, then look at the bad side of things to cheer them up. Once the car is released, they'll be praising the LFS team, and drive it for a long time.

Good theory
Quote from Hyperactive :Tbh. I haven't seen anything hinting that anything is done to this aspect. I'd guess the sciroppo comes with "full lfs handling package". There was none of this done with the FBM either which defenately is a series where you can't extensively modify the car.

"Our aim is to make the Scirocco our first car with very limited setup options. The plan is to make it have only the setup options that are readily available on a real road going Scirocco, for example tyre pressures and toe settings. This will mean that the racing should be closer than usual and rely on driver skill, without the need to search for the best setups. Of course this means we need to get the setup as good as possible so it is comparable with the real car."

Source: lfs.net.

Quote from AndroidXP :I doubt it will be very inspiring. Don't forget it has traction control, too.

So has the FZ5.
I'm looking forward to it, because it's a real car, which has real electronic traction/stability control systems and such. I always thought LFS would make a good platform to test out experimental real-world car designs, including traction/stability control system, etc.

I can see why others wouldn't be very excited about this, but I certainly am. I also hope we'll be seeing more RL cars in the future.
Screw you and stop whining like a mum
Quote from Kaw :Okay, so your saying that slow cars arent good for racing?

No, I'm saying stock production VWs are not good for racing.

The brakes will litterally catch fire within 2 laps. The oil temperature will go into danger levels within 10 laps, the oil will thin out and then engine will be damaged.

If the point is to model a VW scirroco completely accurately, then this should also happen. That's why I also don't like the restriction of setup options, there seems to be a contradiction there.
#71 - Kaw
Quote from southamptonfc :No, I'm saying stock production VWs are not good for racing.

The brakes will litterally catch fire within 2 laps. The oil temperature will go into danger levels within 10 laps, the oil will thin out and then engine will be damaged.

If the point is to model a VW scirroco completely accurately, then this should also happen. That's why I also don't like the restriction of setup options, there seems to be a contradiction there.

Have you driven new Scirocco? Raced it around a circuit?
what I said applied to 99% of all road cars. Have you ever raced anything round a circuit?
#73 - Kaw
Quote from southamptonfc :what I said applied to 99% of all road cars. Have you ever raced anything round a circuit?

No, I am 17. So I am not allowed to have a drivers license.
Ok, in nearly all cases unmodified road cars in real life cannot be raced. They simply aren't up to the stresses put on the car during racing. They will literally fall apart and catch fire.

So to go to all this effort to accurately reproduce a car that can't be used for racing (in stock form), in a racing sim is a bit of a contradiction imo.

And again IMO, this is a dull car, not something that I want to race - bear in mind that I have owned 3 VWs as I've already mentioned and had them on the ring.

I do agree that it might provide close racing but personally only the GTRs and faster Formula cars really do it for me so in this thread I'm expressing my opinion, that is all.
Quote from southamptonfc :No, I'm saying stock production VWs are not good for racing.

I would certainly hope that one who is racing a production car at least uses decent fluids (full synthetic oil, high-temp brake fluid, fresh coolant). A good set of brake pads and tires would not go amiss either. These are maintinence items that simply get more attention when racing and it's exactly what I did with my bike when I took it to the track, while still otherwise in street trim.

Scirocco - Yawn
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG