The online racing simulator
aptitude [x] team racing
(50 posts, started )
aptitude [x] team racing
Shift+F.
shift + f ?
Keys.pdf

It turns off the screen info stuff, which we don't need to see.
So [SWE]RE is saying is he doesnt need to see my video ?
Well, dont look at it if thats the case ...

Those sort of comments usually come from people who are incapable themselves ... ... and from someone who helps people jack off horses ...
Quote from aptitudex :So [SWE]RE is saying is he doesnt need to see my video ?
Well, dont look at it if thats the case ...

Those sort of comments usually come from people who are incapable themselves ... ... and from someone who helps people jack off horses ...

WTH

He gave you advice on how to improve your next video for which he kinda needs to watch the video, no? Yes, he could have formed a full sentence but there's no need for that attitude.

If you look for his videos he actually is very capable. I would suggest thinking before you post next time.

Oh, and no I didn't watch the video since I didn't expect anything good after that post.
Quote from aptitudex :Those sort of comments usually come from people who are incapable themselves ... ... and from someone who helps people jack off horses ...

You have actually provoked me to comment
And you don't want me to do that, trust me

1. Shift + F (Why haven't you read the "Making LFS Movies thread"?)
2. Gamecam overlay watermark logo (Use fraps next time it's easier to edit out (Why haven't you read the "Making LFS Movies thread"?))
3. Low FPS You should have recorded in .5 and doubled the speed in the editing software (Why haven't you read the "Making LFS Movies thread"?)
4. The aspect ratio is really wrong (and I know exactly where it went wrong, but I'll let you figure it out yourself)
5. Great job on showing off the network lag in the video
6. Cars going through the camera
7. Using standard cameras is unimaginative and lazy, and it renders the scene to a "frapsed replay" status which makes it pointless

That's a solid 3/10, congratulations (actually that's pretty generous since there is no proper beginning and ending to the video and I haven't mentioned them as mistakes)

That kind of videos usually come from people who are incapable of making videos (I will let you to imagine the ending yourself)
isxitxcoolxtoxwritexlikexthisxorxsomethingxcausexixdontxseexthexcoolnessxinxdoingxthat.
HaHa ... Squidhead, ur an idiot ... zeugnimod, likewise
The sort of response I would expect from self absorben egotistical try hards that seek to persicute so called 'noobs'

We all have to start somwhere, and as is typical of many gaming forums, the experienced guys forget they were noobies once. Way to go guys, in intimidating others from posting, it does wonders for your ego, but damages the LFS community to no end.

Im more interested in racing than trying to perfect the skill of film making. My film is just an attempt at showing some action, not a production of 'Gone with the wind'
And by the way, Gamecam is a much superior product to FRAPS ... It allows me to capture fullscreen (1680 x 1050 ) at full frame rate, which makes camera manipulation much easier than the reduced screen size I have to use with FRAPS.

FRAPS is a benchmarking application with capture where as Gamecam is a dedicated gaming capture utility ...

Think outside the box for once in your lives guys ...
Z's and Squid's replies weren't really about the movie itself, you know
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Z's and Squid's replies weren't really about the movie itself, you know

Mine was...

Quote from aptitudex :HaHa ... Squidhead, ur an idiot
typical of many gaming forums, the experienced guys forget they were noobies once.

Well, at least I wasn't b****ing like a whining p***y and listened to the experienced people's criticism of my first videos, kept my mouth shut and took notice of advice... (no names mentioned in this post, ofcourse)

Quote from aptitudex :We all have to start somwhere

Here, would be a better choice
i must say the video is something i really didnt want to see. But this works two ways.

The old must welcome the new with advice, and the new must do what the elders say.

In this case "aptitudex" has no real rights to say squid here is whatever.. aptitudex said
Ah yes ... when threatened us profanity ... highly mature comeback there squidhead. Shows us the level of your intellect and maturity.

And of course I shouldn't speak out of turn, heaven forbid ... I should just follow these idiots like a mindless sheep ... get real.

Any creative persuit is clearly subjective. The mere fact that a few so called ' experts' dismiss my video and tell me how it should be done is simply perplexing to a creative mind. Your over zealous rants are an indication of your insecurity and desire to be accepted by your peers.

If your happy to live inside that little box you have created for yourself, then good for you. But where would the world be today if it were not for a daring few who were prepared to go against the norm.
Quote from aptitudex :Ah yes ... when threatened us profanity ... highly mature comeback there squidhead. Shows us the level of your intellect and maturity.

And of course I shouldn't speak out of turn, heaven forbid ... I should just follow these idiots like a mindless sheep ... get real.

Any creative persuit is clearly subjective. The mere fact that a few so called ' experts' dismiss my video and tell me how it should be done is simply perplexing to a creative mind.

Ah yes, a perfect reply that actually digs you deeper in...
Let's recap, shall we?

1. You get advice from [swe]re, and instantly insult him (that is as intelligent and mature as you can get
2. After you get a list of TECHNICAL mistakes in your video you start insulting me too... (once again - VERY intelligent and mature)

So about this part of your post - "highly mature comeback there squidhead. Shows us the level of your intellect and maturity." I'd say we're just lowering ourselves to your level so you wouldn't feel too sad

Ok, let's overview some more, shall we?

1. [Swe]re has a good collection of quite nice movies, and I pretty much put food on my table by editing videos IRL.

so by saying "I should just follow these idiots like a mindless sheep ... get real." You're basically saying "Me? Following professional advice? Never! I will continue to create CRAP! GET REAL"

The last part of the post I'd like to adress is the one that got me ROFL'ing

"The mere fact that a few so called ' experts' dismiss my video and tell me how it should be done is simply perplexing to a creative mind."

Ok, let me point out one thing

No Shift + F to remove the HUD
Gamecam overlay watermark logo blocking part of the view
Low FPS
Badly screwed up aspect ratio
Showing network lags
Cars going through the camera
Using standard pre-defined cameras instead of placing your own and NO EDITING WHATSOEVER

yes, ALL THAT GOODNESS... equals.... CREATIVITY...

I'm out of this thread, that's enough stand up comedy from you...
Obviously unbiased discussion is not one of your strong points. Its your way or the highway it seems.

So what, maybe I prefer to leave it there.

Gamecam overlay watermark logo blocking part of the view
Yes, its huge, it blocks out so much, not ...

Low FPS
25 fps ... standard broadcast rate

Badly screwed up aspect ratio
I think your brain has a badly screwed aspect ratio ...

Showing network lags
Creative licence

Cars going through the camera
yea, looks good to me

Using standard pre-defined cameras instead of placing your own and NO EDITING WHATSOEVER
I used plenty of my own cameras and used footage from 25 different takes. I think there was only 1 standard view.

I rest my case ... my work here is done.
Welcome to the real world that is not centered around you.
Quote from aptitudex :HaHa ... Squidhead, ur an idiot ... zeugnimod, likewise
The sort of response I would expect from self absorben egotistical try hards that seek to persicute so called 'noobs'

You might want to have a look at my team's name.

Quote from aptitudex :We all have to start somwhere, and as is typical of many gaming forums, the experienced guys forget they were noobies once. Way to go guys, in intimidating others from posting, it does wonders for your ego, but damages the LFS community to no end.

Just that we didn't make stupid and rude posts like you. If I really intimidated you from posting with my post (LOL) then I'm glad. Because it actually helped the LFS community if all of your posts are like the ones in this thread.
Right, even though you seem to be insulting everyone who gives you advice out of paranoia that we try to brainwash you into doing things our way, I'll still give my advice.

The aspect ratio is off. The cars look squished so maybe try to get it right so that they look like normal cars.

Shift F would probably be better because its pointless knowing that you're on lap 1/3 and to see the map anyways. You're trying to show us the battle and it's just distracting unnecessarily.

For Gamecam, why use it when Fraps does the work just as well and the watermark can be edited a lot easier in that.

Also, maybe try to edit out the botom part which has the time line for the replay?

This is just my opinion but since you don't seem to give a crap about people who want to help you improve thinking they're brainwashing you into doing it their way, whatever. This is my view as someone who watched many LFS videos and not as a movie maker myself.
Quote from aptitudex :
So what, maybe I prefer to leave it there.

Are you making videos for your own viewing pleasure, or for others? If the first alternative is your choice, then I'd suggest keeping your videos private from now on.

Quote from aptitudex :Gamecam overlay watermark logo blocking part of the view
Yes, its huge, it blocks out so much, not ...

It doesn't look good. It's disturbing.

Quote from aptitudex :Low FPS
25 fps ... standard broadcast rate

That really doesn't look like 25 fps.

Quote from aptitudex :Badly screwed up aspect ratio
I think your brain has a badly screwed aspect ratio ...

Very mature answer.

Quote from aptitudex :Showing network lags
Creative licence

Say what?

Quote from aptitudex :Cars going through the camera
yea, looks good to me

Yea, to you. Not to your viewers. Keep your future vids private if you have the same attitude then as you have now.

Quote from aptitudex :Using standard pre-defined cameras instead of placing your own and NO EDITING WHATSOEVER
I used plenty of my own cameras and used footage from 25 different takes. I think there was only 1 standard view.

I counted 6 scenes with the standard view as you call it. That is about 5 scenes too much imo.

Btw, I have no idea why you publish a video in a public forum only to show us how difficult it is for you to take good/bad critisicm. Why have a go at me for giving you the advice to use Shift+F? Why have a go at squid for his advices? Why talk about maturity when you're the one being the immature one?

So many questions, so few answers.
Why oh why oh why ...
(the distant sound of chains rattling )
-
(squinter) DELETED by squinter
@squinter:
Nice and all that you want to calm things down and defend your friend, but after reading the whole thread you can see why everyone is getting offensive here.
It's very immature from aptitudex to reply like that to people trying to help, giving such unthinkable arguments to defend the low working on his video.
He got here like the forum owner insulting everyone, and we all get 'meh' pretty fast.
When I see your video I can say a lot of stuff. I can be like most ppl on the inet and say "OMG! Your vid so suckz man, gtfo n00b"... But we people in here are not like that, because we ALL did crappy videos at first.
I'd tell you to:
- Avoid incars if it's a MPR
- Avoid standard cameras
- Try recording at halfspeed, and double it in VirtualDub
- Adding some color working (like contrast and such)

And a lot of things! But they CAN'T be taken as insults, but wishes for you becoming a better video maker.
When you go to school, do you fight with your teacher when he says something's wrong? No, you don't, you take advice.
Same here. The guys who adviced aptitudex have some work already on it.

So you can defend your friend if you want, but it'll be useless, as he showed us how kidish and egocentric he is already

I propose closing this thread, as it's getting nowhere healthy.
Thats what annoys me the most ... being mobbed by self appointed experts that sugesting that their way of doing things is the only way.

Where would Quentin Tarantino be if he had stuck to the Norm.
Quote from aptitudex :Thats what annoys me the most ... being mobbed by self appointed experts that sugesting that their way of doing things is the only way.

Where would Quentin Tarantino be if he had stuck to the Norm.

For a vid to be good it needs to be entertaining for the audience. If the audience finds the vid boring, poorly done or whatever, it's something that the creator of the vid should think of and instead of ignoring the opinions from his audience he should listen to them and consider doing what the audience finds interesting/good. I mean, why make videos and publish them if you're not doing it for the audience?

You can say what you want about following norms etc, that seems to be your strongest argument here, but in the long run I think you understand my point when I say that if you don't catch the interest from the audience, you won't get far as an LFS vid creator either. Continue making 5-10 of these vids and people will eventually stop looking at your threads. Why? Because you ignored the tips on how to make the rest of us interested.

Think about that.
Quote from aptitudex :Thats what annoys me the most ... being mobbed by self appointed experts that sugesting that their way of doing things is the only way.

Please show a quote of someone doing that.

aptitude [x] team racing
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG